Assault on the Capitol (DC)

sugar magnolia

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by sugar magnolia »

Capitol assault, not Miami condo.
optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

More to come, she played the poor damsel woman card and it worked.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... n-n1272567
Pelosi introduces bill setting framework for Jan. 6th commission
The bill allows Republicans to make up at least five members of the 13 member committee after GOP leadership scuttled a bipartisan deal earlier this year.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Attorneys tell DC federal court they are trying to "resolve" the case of Jan 6 defendant Robert Sanford without going to trial

Sanford is a Pennsylvania firefighter accused of throwing a ....... fire extinguisher..... at police amid the mob at US Capitol
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:thumbsup:

Brandi Buchman
@Brandi_Buchman
#BREAKING: The House has voted 222-190 to establish a select committee investigating the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. Applause is heard going up in the chamber.
@CourthouseNews
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

YouTuber charged in Capitol riot says Trump should pay his legal fees: 'This all happened because of you'
WASHINGTON — Two New York men were charged separately this week with destroying cameras and other equipment left by members of the media forced to flee from the Capitol grounds by a pro-Trump mob on January 6.

Zvonimir Jurlina, of Farmington, New York, and Gabriel Brown, of Bayville, New York, are charged with destruction of property in a special jurisdiction and committing an act of physical violence on Capitol grounds. Brown is also charged with entering a restricted area without lawful authority.

According to court documents filed Monday, Jurlina allegedly posted multiple videos to his “Zykotik” YouTube page appearing to show him participating in the Capitol riot. Investigators say those videos showed Jurlina kicking and trying to set cameras and other equipment on fire. The equipment had been left by members of the media, several of which were assaulted by members of the pro-Trump mob. At least one other defendant, Shane Woods, has been charged with assaulting a photographer.

In the videos, investigators say Jurlina can also be heard talking about stealing some of the equipment, which, they say, he did – ultimately taking a microphone as a “souvenir.”

“Yo, I guess we should loot now, right?” Jurlina allegedly can be heard saying. “This is pretty expensive equipment. I’m thinking making I should just grab it up and then go to a pawn shop.” :snippity:

tencats

Post by tencats »

Few Republicans Show Interest In Serving On Jan. 6 Select Committee – But Gaetz And Greene Want In

Jun 29, 2021,09:24pm EDT | https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... d817997f6f
Right-wing lawmakers who have downplayed the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol are among the only House Republicans expressing interest in serving on a select committee to investigate the attack, while moderate and anti-Trump Republicans are mostly balking at the idea.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.), who was stripped of her committee assignments in February and has spread conspiracy theories about the Jan. 6 riot, told CNN on Saturday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi “should put me on the committee,” adding, “that would be great.”

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who has embraced a conspiracy theory that federal agents incited the riot, told Forbes he is interested, arguing that his defense of Trump during the Russia probe shows he’s “pretty good at asking questions,” and adding, “I think I’d be helpful.”

The text of the resolution requires House Speaker Nancy Pelosi only to appoint the committee’s 13 members “in consultation” with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, giving her the final say.

Asked if she would block the appointment of Greene and other GOP lawmakers who have downplayed the attack, Pelosi told Forbes “we’ll see who he sends,” expressing hope McCarthy will “be respectful of our Constitution, our Congress and our democracy.”

Among the 10 Republicans who voted to impeach former President Donald Trump, Rep. John Katko (R-N.Y.) told Forbes he has a “hard time envisioning a scenario” where he accepts an appointment, while Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (R-Ohio) said, “No. Well, probably not,” when asked if he would serve.

Reps. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) and Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) both said it’s up to Pelosi, Rep. Peter Meijer (R-Mich.) said it’s “a bridge we’ll cross if we come to it,” and Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) dodged the question entirely.

Read more at https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsole ... d817997f6f
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:55 pm YouTuber charged in Capitol riot says Trump should pay his legal fees: 'This all happened because of you'
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Someone should tell him that Trump doesn't pay his own legal fees!
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Pauline Bauer is on vacation! She's driving to My. Rushmore today! (Why would a sovereign citizen visit My. Rushmore on the 4th of July? She asserts that she's not a US citizen.) :crazy:

The judge really, really worked with her. She agreed to surrender her firearms to her sister. But, did she really? We know she owns at least one firearm. She tells the judge that she no longer has a firearm at work. Why isn't she asked about any firearms at home?

Bauer refused to sign anything.

Imo, Bauer shouldn't have been released if she refused to sign an agreement to abide with the release conditions.
:snippity: Judge Faruqui: The conditions would be to turn in your firearms, until your court case is over. You have 2d Amendment rights. If you will say you will comply, I will release you.

Pauline Bauer: I am one of God's creations...

Judge Faruqui: You cannot travel outside the country without permission. Do you frequently travel outside of the Western District of Pennsylvania?

Pauline Bauer: Yes, sir.

Judge Faruqui: So, the state of Pennsylvania

Pauline Bauer: I also travel to Western New York.

Judge Faruqui: I understand you don't accept the jurisdiction of the court. I don't agree with you, but I see you are trying to work with me. We'll come back to the firearm.

AUSA Steiner: And reporting to Pre-Trial
AUSA Steiner: And we'll need her address.

Pauline Bauer: You have that information already.

Judge Faruqui: OK, they have some info. But they will need a weekly or bi-weekly check-in. You call and say, I'm here. They ask you a couple of questions.

Judge Faruqui: Can you give your firearm to, say, your sister? While it's pending. It may not be long. Could you promise me? More than one?

Pauline Bauer: I have no firearms in my business at the moment.

Judge Faruqui: If one if found later, you'll be back here.

Judge Faruqui: I think we are done. AUSA

Steiner: I agree, your Honor. Pre-Trial Services: We want an interview. We have no info on the defendant.

Judge Faruqui: She will not fill out a form. Can we go into a breakout room?

Pre-Trial: Sure. There is no form.

Judge Faruqui: OK, we'll go into the breakout room.

OK -

Judge Faruqui is back and says, "You are to remain in the state of Pennsylvania. You can ask
me if you need to travel to Western New York.

Pauline Bauer: I am traveling to Mount Rushmore on July 4.

Judge Faruqui: Flying or driving?

Pauline Bauer: Driving.

AUSA Steiner: When will she return?

Pauline Bauer: I plan on leaving June 30 and returning by July 15.

Judge Faruqui: I'll say July 18. Any more travel?

Pauline Bauer: No, I need to work.

Judge Faruqui: I know, Bob's Trading Post.

Judge Faruqui: How do I get the order to you?

Pauline Bauer: I don't have anything here [in jail.]

Judge Faruqui: I'm releasing you, under the conditions stated on the record.

Bauer's sister is told the address of the DC Jail: 1901 D Street, South East, and the phone number.

AUSA Steiner: If Ms. Bauer files that she is a sovereign citizen, we will oppose it in due course. And, she has not been arraigned.

Judge Faruqui: I am writing down that she pleads not guilty.

Pauline Bauer: I am innocent. I did not plead not guilty.

Judge Faruqui: I'm just writing it down that way. Do you waive a reading of the indictment?

Bauer: You can read it to me.

AUSA Steiner: Since Ms. Bauer is proceeding pro se, it may take some time to agree on a protective order. Is email the best way to reach her?

Judge Faruqui: She can email or mail or bring it to the courthouse.

Pauline Bauer: I tried yesterday.

Judge Faruqui: I could keep Ms. Hernandez on as stand-by counsel, to help file documents. OK, we're done.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I really feel sorry for Ms. Hernandez, Bauer’s stand-by counsel. She’ll probably spend more time on her pro se client than on the ones she actually represents.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In his signed plea deal, Mark Grods of Alabama acknowledges conspiring ahead of Jan 6 to bring guns (storing them in hotel in Virginia, wearing Oath Keepers gear & riding golf cart thru DC

And he's agreed to cooperate w/ feds

Prosecutors continue to puncture the Oath Keepers

NEW: Court unseals Jan 6 case against Noah Bacon of Massachusetts

Feds say that's Bacon in the "I LOVE TRUMP" shirt & Space Force hat. They say he forced open balcony door in US Senate and covered security cam with a "Don't Tread on Me" flag
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:55 pm
He can't do bad stuff. He can't get into altercations with people.

Oh the tyranny.
101010 :towel:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

poor baby
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Dear Diary,

Today I was told that I cant do Drugs, drink to excess, or in fights.

My life changed in no way whatsoever.

Yours from a coffee shop in the middle of a pandemic.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

VIDEO NOW : We just interviewed the Seekonk man facing federal charges in relation to the January 6th Capitol Riot
@wpri12

https://wpri.com/news/local-news/se-mas ... tol-riots/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NEW in
@PunchbowlNews
this AM:

@GOPLeader
told a group of House Republicans Wednesday that if they accept
@SpeakerPelosi
’s nomination to the Jan. 6 select committee, they can expect to get all their committee assignments from her.

Subscribe: https://bit.ly/3hAJJiy
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Can the committee proceed with less than five GOP? Or if they’re short, does that shut that whole thing down?

Sounds like somebody’s really scared of what the committee will find out.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I watched this late last night. Incredible piece by the new york times that puts together the whole day and timeline including maps and videos as it happened. This should be constantly replayed during the hearings. It's about 40 minutes long, so settle in.

and then there's this.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I haven't had a chance to watch that video yet, I have to wait for time when I can give it full attention. Kasie Hunt was on MSNBC this morning talking about it, having been in the Capitol that day, she says she can only take it in small segments.
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:01 am Can the committee proceed with less than five GOP? Or if they’re short, does that shut that whole thing down?
The newly passed rules say Pelosi will "consult" with the minority party on those five seats. So their obstruction won't hold up the assignments, as she has the final say.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

bob wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:19 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:01 am Can the committee proceed with less than five GOP? Or if they’re short, does that shut that whole thing down?
The newly passed rules say Pelosi will "consult" with the minority party on those five seats. So their obstruction won't hold up the assignments, as she has the final say.
Well, yeah, Pelosi can assign them. But they have to defy McCarthy and forfeit all other committee assignments if they accept. Assuming his threat is real. My guess is we'll end up with an all Dem committee, but perhaps optics will cause McCarthy to recant.

We'll see though.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bob

Post by bob »

covfefe wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:59 pmWell, yeah, Pelosi can assign them. But they have to defy McCarthy and forfeit all other committee assignments if they accept. Assuming his threat is real. My guess is we'll end up with an all Dem committee, but perhaps optics will cause McCarthy to recant.
Exactly: If, after "consulting," no Republican wants is willing to take the assignment, Pelosi will fill their slots with Democrats, and the committee's work moves forward.

McCarthy's actions will create at most a slight delay in the actual work; his actions really are about party discipline and controlling the news cycle.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

No sitting Republican*.

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”