JD Vance, fake hillbilly, is tfg's vice presidential candidate

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

JD Vance inflates egg prices to criticize Harris on economy
Ohio Sen. JD Vance, Donald Trump’s Republican vice-presidential running mate, tried to use a grocery store cooler full of eggs over the weekend to blast Vice President Kamala Harris on the economy.

Standing in a grocery store in Reading, Pa., with his sons, Vance cited the price of eggs as an example of what he called failed economic policies.

“Let’s talk about eggs,” Vance said to the assembled media, “because these guys (his two young sons) actually eat about 14 eggs every single morning.”

The price now is too high, particularly in Pennsylvania, Vance said.

“Look at the prices here. Things are way too expensive, and they’re way too expensive because of Kamala Harris’ policies,” Vance said.

“Eggs, when Kamala Harris took office, were short of $1.50 a dozen. Now, a dozen eggs will cost you around $4, thanks to Kamala Harris’ inflationary policies,” he said.

Except they don’t.

There are two problems with Vance’s illustration.

First, data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that the average price of a dozen Grade A large eggs sold in U.S. cities in August was about $3.20.

Indeed, the price was about $1.50 when President Joe Biden and Harris took office in 2020. The price peaked in January 2023 at $4.82 a dozen, but it has since fallen.

Vance’s second problem is that clearly visible behind him, during his media stunt, were eggs for $2.99 a dozen. While they aren’t large sized, Vance only made reference to “a dozen eggs.”
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

His young sons eat 7 eggs each every morning? :shock:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

neonzx wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:13 pm His young sons eat 7 eggs each every morning? :shock:
As Gaston sang, in Beauty and the Beast:

🎶When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs
Ev'ry morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs
So I'm roughly the size of a barge!🎶
Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I bet the son of a bitch doesn't have a clue what his kids eat every day.
ImageImageImage x5
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I guess he totally forgot about bird flu. Unless the chickens were reading up on inflation and going on strike, it was a disease that zoomed egg prices.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The brd flu was Biden/ Harris's fault as well

/snark.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 4:01 pm I guess he totally forgot about bird flu. Unless the chickens were reading up on inflation and going on strike, it was a disease that zoomed egg prices.
Covid is the biggest reason for inflation. We all know which president caused covid. The economy was already heading downward late in the Trump administration. Nobody seems to want to mention that.
Largo al factotum.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Will have to read and unpack later. It's a very long thread (more than what appears here).

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Full article from above, no paywall.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/112736712
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

So, is he running for VP, or First Wife?
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

That long thread from Carmody was really fascinating. The idea that Vance is starved for attention makes sense based on his childhood. He first sought that attention and validation from the elites he strived to be a part of at Yale, etc. But, according to Carmody, that acceptance is tepid and broad. But once he found the powerful kick of maga, the high was better than he got with the elites' acceptance. Totally makes sense.

Highly reccommend reading that.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

JD has been such a mistake that the Orangaloompa is now calling him Eric
Go Land Crabs!
realist

Post by realist »

cjroberts wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:24 am JD has been such a mistake that the Orangaloompa is now calling him Eric
:rotflmao:
Image X 4
Image X 33
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:26 am Full article from above, no paywall.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/112736712
this re DonOld:
TrumpAxiosInterviewSnippet.png
TrumpAxiosInterviewSnippet.png (134.37 KiB) Viewed 278 times
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Ken klippenstein released the hacked jd vance dossier sent to journalists and Elon banned him from Twitter. You can find it here.

https://www.kenklippenstein.com/p/read- ... medium=web
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:28 pm Ken klippenstein released the hacked jd vance dossier sent to journalists and Elon banned him from Twitter. You can find it here.

I thought Leon was all about free speech.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Resume18 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:24 pm I thought Leon was all about free speech.
I know I'm being repetitive, but I think Leon is just getting started interfering with the election by doing whatever he can. We already know he's spending tens of millions a month on some kind of GOTV operation, but I don't have any details.

On the bright side, now that this is released into the wild I excpect all sorts of revelations to result from it. Can we already have all the dirt on this idiot by now? I suspect not. More will be revealed, and soon.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:28 pm Ken klippenstein released the hacked jd vance dossier sent to journalists and Elon banned him from Twitter. You can find it here.

And this informed comment. This did not give me the feels.
Carolyn Flanigan
Carolyn’s Substack
5 hrs ago
Liked by Ken Klippenstein
Wow, I skimmed some of this. It's absolutely fascinating. It looks like Vance has a lot of well thought out, and independent of ideological, opinions. :crazy:

As a 20 year Independent that has mainly leaned left and voted for Democrats, I have become increasingly disillusioned with Democrats. In 2016 I paid no attention to Trump because Republicans weren't on my so called radar then, and same with 2020.

Due to the disastrous foreign policy and use of lawfare of Biden/Harris and DNC I've started looking elsewhere. I'm a Californian so it doesn't really matter who I vote for but I still want it to reflect my conscience.

In paying more attention to Stein and Trump/Vance I did notice that Trump picked Vance which signaled to me he wanted an independent and less interventionist candidate than a typical Neocon RINO, like Cotton or Rubio. That's a good thing. I think corporate media has quashed the 'real' Vance because he really is smart, appealing, articulate and is an original thinker. :rotflmao:

Upon skimming the dossier I see that. He is less extreme than MSM makes him out to be, is willing to rethink his positions because he's been shown new evidence/insights, as in his feelings re:Trump.

Thank you, Ken, for sharing this. We need way more journalists like you who share the truth when it is publicly newsworthy, which I agree this is. I look forward to reading this in full!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I didn’t read the whole thing, but the TOC indicated that he wasn’t a Trump fan. Until he was.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Another.
doublemint98
2 hrs ago
Liked by Ken Klippenstein
I have followed him ever since I read his Hillbilly Elegy. He is an intelligent :rotflmao: centrist :rotflmao: who leans somewhat conservative due to his Appalachia roots :rotflmao: . It is a culture I know a bit about myself. The military and being in DC gave him a worldview.
Also, the article said the Steele dossier was fraudulent and discredited. True?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The answer to that question is a rat's nest.

Is a list of raw intelligence and rumors supposed to be "true"?

Is the thing that is not "true" the fact that Steele put together the dossier in normal, intel-gathering ways -- as opposed to sitting in a secret basement with Hillary making up stories out of whole clothe?

Anyway, as far as MAGA is concerned, the Steele dossier isn't "true" in any sense.

Of course MAGA will also tell you that the Mueller report proved that there was no Russian "collusion".
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:41 pm The answer to that question is a rat's nest.

Is a list of raw intelligence and rumors supposed to be "true"?
I don't know about true, but it bugs me Klippenstein said it was "fraudulent and discredited." I don't think I could make that statement flat out like that.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Yeah, I wouldn't use those words to describe it either.

You hire a professional of good repute to dig up serious dirt, and he does. It is what it is

I can't remember any of the details (except for the pee tape, which as far as I know has not been validated), but I seem to recall other Russia stuff that was spot on.

Return to “Current Politics”