A General thread for 2024 Presidential Elections

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

neonzx wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:39 am
Rolodex wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:34 am Thank goodness I *finally* got my packet of postcards to send voters. They are a GOTV but I hope all my addresses are people who are registered. :snippity:
But hurricane weather is perfect for addressing 100 postcards!
I am sure they are all Dem party current registered voters. You'll be fine.
Thank you for helping. :thumbsup:
Finally opened the package - all the addresses seem to be in Nevada, Las Vegas specifically. I imagine they go blue anyway, but every vote matters. They didn't leave a lot of room to write a personal message, but I'll do my best (writer's cramp yo).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:bighug:
ImageImageImage x5
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:02 pm
neonzx wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:39 am
Rolodex wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:34 am Thank goodness I *finally* got my packet of postcards to send voters. They are a GOTV but I hope all my addresses are people who are registered. :snippity:
But hurricane weather is perfect for addressing 100 postcards!
I am sure they are all Dem party current registered voters. You'll be fine.
Thank you for helping. :thumbsup:
Finally opened the package - all the addresses seem to be in Nevada, Las Vegas specifically. I imagine they go blue anyway, but every vote matters. They didn't leave a lot of room to write a personal message, but I'll do my best (writer's cramp yo).
There's a possibility that my name or my daughter's name is on your list. She's non-partisan. I'll PM you.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

FINALLY! Trump and Vance Will Face…CRIMINAL CHARGES?!!!

MeidasTouch
25 Sept 2024 Legal AF Podcast

In breaking news, new criminal charges have been brought against Trump and Vance for their hate speech and criminal acts directed at the beleaguered but proud Haitian community in Ohio. Michael Popok explains how the charges were filed under a unique Ohio law, and what happens next as a judge and prosecutor consider whether to indict them both while they are on the campaign trail.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

an opinion piece
Elon Musk’s Twitter coup has harmed the right. They are now simply ‘too online’
Democrats were fooled by their social media echo chamber in 2016. Now Republicans may be falling into the same trap

Paolo Gerbaudo
Wed 25 Sep 2024 13.00 CEST

In the aftermath of Donald Trump’s shock victory in 2016, one common explanation for why the Democrats had not seen it coming was that they had succumbed to the social media echo chamber. The fact that many digital platforms, such as Twitter (now X), tended to be dominated by liberals had lured Democrats into a false sense of security. This, so the explanation went, made them complacent, leading to inconsiderate gestures that alienated sections of the electorate: Hillary Clinton’s infamous jab at Trump’s supporters as “deplorables” was often cited as a prime example.

With the internet ever more captive to the caprices of timeline algorithms, the risk of echo chambers is even greater in this election cycle. However, it is now Trump and the broader political right that is – to use the internet lingo – “too online”.

The rightwing surge seen in many countries’ recent elections, especially in Europe, has been paralleled (and supported) by a significant rise of the right’s influence online. As documented by much academic research on social media and politics, the leading influencers on platforms such as YouTube, X and the instant messaging platform Telegram are rightwing. On many of these platforms, the conversation has increasingly shifted towards rightwing themes and positions, with rightwing messages tending to circulate more widely.

This social media hegemony, which has been in the making for many years and was cemented by Elon Musk’s Twitter takeover, has now created a right that harbours a similar sense of delusion and complacency to the one that, in the past, has proved so detrimental for progressives.

Consider the way vice-presidential candidate JD Vance has brazenly doubled down on his 2021 comment about “childless cat ladies”; or widely ridiculed – and dangerous – online hoaxes about cats and dogs being eaten by Haitian immigrants, which appear to have travelled from Facebook to the mouth of the Republican candidate in a matter of days; or Musk’s creepy rebuke concerning Taylor Swift after the pop singer endorsed Kamala Harris, offering to “give her a child”. Such extreme messaging does cater to the Maga (Make America great again) crowd of true believers – but it comes at the electoral cost of potentially alienating large swaths of the moderate voting-age population.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... epublicans
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

another opinion piece
Trump’s on Truth Social MAKING NO SENSE AT ALL AGAIN
We are all now so desensitised to Trump that it can be easy to forget he lacks the ability to string a sentence together. Yet he’s frighteningly close to being back in charge

Arwa Mahdawi
Wed 25 Sep 2024 12.00 CEST

Ladies, are you DEPRESSED and UNHAPPY? Do you feel POORER and LESS HEALTHY than you did four years ago? Do you pray one day your little woman brain will NO LONGER BE THINKING ABOUT ABORTION all the time? Well, don’t worry, Donald Trump is going to FIX ALL OF THAT.

So he says, anyway. At 11.42pm on Friday night Trump flexed his fingers, hit the all-caps key, and ranted on Truth Social about how UNHAPPY women are under the Biden administration. What happened at 11.41pm to prompt this, I wonder? Did he get a preview of some new polls which show him trailing Kamala Harris, partly thanks to a historic gender gap that sees Harris leading among women 58% to 37%? Did Trump decide, in his infinite wisdom, that the best way to fix this was an all-caps rant? Because I am not sure that is a winning strategy.

I know you’d probably rather bleach your own eyeballs, but I do encourage you to have a look at Trump’s incoherent post for yourself. Really take in his rambling – unedited by journalists desperately trying to make his various unhinged utterances coherent – and remind yourself that there is a very real chance that this guy might become president again. We are all so desensitised to Trump that we sometimes forget that he lacks the ability even to string a sentence together. No respectable employer would hire someone who posted the sort of stuff he does, yet he might soon land the biggest job in the world. Again. While Harris may be leading Trump in the latest polls, the numbers are still within the margin of error. The race is extremely close.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -all-again

Return to “US President”