trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by northland10 »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:39 pm
While TFG of course denies it, the incident sounds like something he would do (and he is a coward about firing somebody face to face even if they stick up to him). Miley and Barr are correct. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has by law no command authority. He is the principal military advisor to the President. Command authority goes through the Secretary of Defense to the combatant commanders.

Firing the Chair of the Joint Chiefs would have been really bad for TFG so his claim he would have fired Miley is just BS.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:10 pm Miley and Barr are correct. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has by law no command authority. He is the principal military advisor to the President. Command authority goes through the Secretary of Defense to the combatant commanders.
I remember back during Desert Storm, the first Iraq war, when Norman Schwarzkoff was the general on the ground and Colin Powell was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, I was very surprised to find out that the Powell was not in the chain of command. The President gives orders to the SecDef, who relays those orders to the general on the ground (Stormin' Norman).

Powell got to do a lot of press conferences and TV presentations and to attend strategy meetings with POTUS, but had no real command authority.

This discussion makes me realize that the TV series The West Wing got that wrong. John Amos played the Chairman and the story lines often made it seem that he was the one to give the orders to the operational commanders, once POTUS gave the green light. Not so.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

noblepa wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:39 pm Powell got to do a lot of press conferences and TV presentations and to attend strategy meetings with POTUS, but had no real command authority.
Very true though the advice part of strategy meetings puts the chair in a powerful position. He alone, even above the rest of the joint chiefs, is the primary military (member of the service) advisor to the president. If a commander of one of the Joint Combatant Commands wants his ideas pushed, they better have the chair on their side (not to mention the Secretary of Defense). Cheney initially wrapped Powell on the knuckles regarding how they give advice to POTUS but that was more a way of Cheney showing he's in charge as Secretary of Defense.
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Blech, the emails have started again. Guess it's time, only 1,226 days until November 5, 2024.
I want to outraise the mega Hollywood donors
Spam
Donald J. Trump <email@email.conservativeintel.com>
12:24 PM (8 hours ago) to me
Why is this message in spam? It is similar to messages that were identified as spam in the past.

Save America President Donald J. Trump

Orly,

Are you with me?

Democrats want nothing more than to DESTROY my America First legacy. They are working to dismantle all of my accomplishments at a rapid pace, and it’s becoming more and more apparent every day that they are FAILING the American People.

We must stop them, Orly. Our CRITICAL FEC End-of-Quarter deadline is coming up and I need you to know how important it is that we reach our goal.

I want to raise another $2,000,000, but I’ll need the support of EVERY Patriot to do it.

I’ve activated a QUADRUPLE-IMPACT just for YOU.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY to CRUSH our End-of-Quarter fundraising goal and your gift will be INCREASED by 400%. >>

FEC END-OF-QUARTER DEADLINE

SUPPORTER: Orly
QUADRUPLE-IMPACT: AVAILABLE
DEADLINE: IMMEDIATELY

CONTRIBUTE NOW >>

CONTRIBUTE $250 = $1250

CONTRIBUTE $100 = $500

CONTRIBUTE $50 = $250

CONTRIBUTE $25 = $125

CONTRIBUTE ANY AMOUNT >>

My team is preparing a donor list with the names of EVERY Patriot who donates to this email. Make sure your name is on it.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT by 11:59 PM TONIGHT for a QUADRUPLE-IMPACT and to get your name on the Donor List.

Thank you,

President Donald J. Trump Signature Headshot
Donald J. Trump
45th President of the United States
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:15 pm Blech, the emails have started again. Guess it's time, only 1,226 days until November 5, 2024.
I’ve activated a QUADRUPLE-IMPACT just for YOU.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY to CRUSH our End-of-Quarter fundraising goal and your gift will be INCREASED by 400%. >>
Still playing the same games, I see... Where is this "400%" match coming from....? :roll:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Mexico will....

Oh never minds.

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:59 am
Still playing the same games, I see... Where is this "400%" match coming from....? :roll:
Russian mobsters... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I was looking at his website this weekend. The donations page still had the yellow box already ticked to make this a recurring donation. :mad:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Kendra wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:35 pm I was looking at his website this weekend. The donations page still had the yellow box already ticked to make this a recurring donation. :mad:
Didn't they get in trouble a few months ago because that box that you needed to uncheck was buried deep in the website and easy to miss?

If they put it next to the Donate button, that is an improvement.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Why don't we all go to his website and donate 1 cent, using a credit card? The credit card processing fee is at least 25 cents.

Technically, the merchant agreement with the bank that allows an organization to accept credit cards prohibits setting a minimum purchase amount.
somerset

Post by somerset »

noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:53 pm Why don't we all go to his website and donate 1 cent, using a credit card? The credit card processing fee is at least 25 cents.

Technically, the merchant agreement with the bank that allows an organization to accept credit cards prohibits setting a minimum purchase amount.
Because donating using a credit card requires one to give a real mailing address and other data I don't want them having for me. The stuff I get from Democratic causes is bad enough ;)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:53 pm Why don't we all go to his website and donate 1 cent, using a credit card? The credit card processing fee is at least 25 cents.

That's no longer true. As of 2010 (The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010), merchants may impose a minimum purchase amount up to $10 maximum on credit cards. (this rule does not apply to debit card transactions)
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:59 am
Definitely not Trump's pocket.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
tek

Post by tek »

My guess is that the match does not exist.

I'd guess none of these matches ever existed.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

tek wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:35 pm My guess is that the match does not exist.

:winner:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Yeah, if they have enough money lying around for a 4x match, why not just donate the match money?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

trump's July 4 rally in Alabama has been cancelled.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... l-concerns
Trump's Alabama rally cancelled over partisan political concerns
The concern being that, instead of being a patriotic celebration, trump would turn it into a political shit show.
USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park commission chairman Bill Tunnell told the NBC News affiliate that the Republican party contacted them worried about the patriotic event turning into a “partisan political event” instead.

“After the request was made, then there was contact with the Republican Party, they contacted us and then it became apparent that it was going to be a partisan political event, rather than just a patriotic event planned for that evening,” Tunnell told WMTV.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

:rotflmao:
and it was Santorum that was "the straw that broke the camel's back" resulting in this policy
:rotflmao:

Donny gonna be pissed :daydreaming:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:57 pm Yeah, if they have enough money lying around for a 4x match, why not just donate the match money?
Exactly my argument for ever. If a cause is worth donating to just donate, don't make your donation dependent on others going along with you.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

tek wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:35 pm My guess is that the match does not exist.

Sure they do. They take your $10 donation and match it to 4 other people's $10 donations.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:59 am Where is this "400%" match coming from....? :roll:
Oh, I thought that was obvious.
noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:53 pm Why don't we all go to his website and donate 1 cent, using a credit card?
Yeah, see how that works?

Ya donate $10 with a credit/debit card, and they use your card to change it to $50.00. It's like magic!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

keith wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:19 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:57 pm Yeah, if they have enough money lying around for a 4x match, why not just donate the match money?
Exactly my argument for ever. If a cause is worth donating to just donate, don't make your donation dependent on others going along with you.
Public TV and radio do this all the time in their fundraisers. The idea is to encourage people who might otherwise not donate to get off their butts and make a pledge.

I don't know how effective it it, but they seem to think it is, because they do it every year, usually several times during the fundraising week.

My pet peeve with them is that they insist on referring to it as a "two to one" match, when the matching donor will give $0.50 for every $1.00 the public donates. That's a one to two match, IMHO.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

From C-Span -
C-SPAN RELEASES FOURTH HISTORIANS SURVEY OF PRESIDENTIAL LEADERSHIP
Abraham Lincoln Retains Top Position;
Historians Rank Donald Trump 41st Overall;
Barack Obama Joins the Top 10;
George W. Bush Advances Since 2017 Survey

(Washington, D.C., June 30, 2021) – As the nation prepares to celebrate Independence Day, C-SPAN is releasing the results of its fourth Historians Survey of Presidential Leadership, in which a cross-section of presidential historians and professional observers of the presidency ranked the country’s 44 former chief executives on 10 characteristics of leadership.

Former President Donald Trump enters the ranks for the first time in the #41 position. His highest rankings were in Public Persuasion (#32) and Economic Management (#34). The historians ranked him in last place (#44) for Moral Authority and Administrative Skills.
Link to the Survey.

Link to the Press Release.
bob

Post by bob »

Former President Donald Trump enters the ranks for the first time in the #41 position. His highest rankings were in Public Persuasion (#32) and Economic Management (#34). The historians ranked him in last place (#44) for Moral Authority and Administrative Skills.
"For completeness," he tied with Franklin Pierce, and below them were Andrew Johnson and James Buchanan.

Just above him and Pierce was William Henry Harrison, whose main contribution to the office was promptly dying.
Image ImageImage
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Seeing the OSG’s picture alongside real Presidents made me realize that I don’t look at him and see a human being. I see a plane of craggy angles and unnatural colors, constantly contorted by this jumble of vanity, fear, malice, mendacity and rage that seethes inside him.

It’s unsettling. He’s not human to me. David Ickes may be onto something. :shh:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”