Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

They're giving up on new Hampshire

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Kendra »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 0258371060
Happy Labor Day to all of our American Workers who represent the Shining Example of Hard Work and Ingenuity. Under Comrade Kamala Harris, all Americans are suffering during this Holiday weekend - High Gas Prices, Transportation Costs are up, and Grocery Prices are through the roof. We can’t keep living under this weak and failed “Leadership.”….
ETA: I *think* the comments below are part of the first post, but it's hard to keep track on the TS site :mad:
….In my First Term, we achieved Major Successes to protect American Workers by negotiating Free and Fair Trade Deals, passing the USMCA (U.S./Mexico/Canada), and giving Businesses and their Workers the tools to thrive. We also invested heavily in Education and Job Training programs for those who wish to expand upon their abilities, and be successful in an Industry that they love. We were an Economic Powerhouse, all because of the American Worker! But Kamala and Biden have undone all of that. When I return to the White House, we will continue upon our Successes by creating an Environment that ensures ALL Workers, and Businesses, have the opportunity to prosper and achieve their American Dream. We will, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
?? Is it just me, or is that a comma that shouldn't be there??
optimusprime

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by optimusprime »

It is sad that even today, we still have "sundown towns."
:crying:
Flatpoint High wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 11:52 am came across this disconcerting piece of news:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

optimusprime wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:04 pm It is sad that even today, we still have "sundown towns."
I doubt they actively enforce any of those laws these days. But it appears someone within the Trump campaign is seeking these places, That suggests a lot about their target demo.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by northland10 »

bill_g wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:19 pm
optimusprime wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:04 pm It is sad that even today, we still have "sundown towns."
I doubt they actively enforce any of those laws these days. But it appears someone within the Trump campaign is seeking these places, That suggests a lot about their target demo.
I don't think Howell is a sundown town but it has a long history of rather nasty racism. Some have tried to pull the town out of that world, but it is slow going.

Odd he was in Potterville. That is a very small town (2,106) SW of Lansing, Michigan. I assume he is going for the white rural vote who lives near a large freeway.

Years ago, my pickup roke down in Potterville at 1 am on a Saturday night.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

I am wondering if the campaign is stearing him away from controversial spots like the Bronx. Keeping him on the "white side" to minimize fallout when he may get triggered in a more colorful environment. Or the campaign may have recognized he is a lost cause and they are just keeping him happy among an audience of most likely only followers.
optimusprime

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by optimusprime »

I just wonder when the pro-gaza crowd is going to come out and exercise their free speech rights at multiple trump rallies, or is "sundowner towns" are a way of keeping this demographic away from large scale protests? This. Or, is the campaign trying to save up for a number of "big" venues, like Pittsburg, Atlanta and Ohio.
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:38 pm I don't think Howell is a sundown town but it has a long history of rather nasty racism. Some have tried to pull the town out of that world, but it is slow going.

Odd he was in Potterville. That is a very small town (2,106) SW of Lansing, Michigan. I assume he is going for the white rural vote who lives near a large freeway.

I remember both towns when we lived in Lansing in the late 70's while I went to MSU. I never heard of sundown towns until we moved to Portland when Lake Oswego (aka Lake NoNegro) purged those old laws after wealthy basketball players of African descent wanted to buy homes in the Tony part of Portland metro area. Green is a color they love in in Lake O, and there's a lot of it there. Prior to that, The Help had to get on the bus and go back to Their Part of town before dusk.

To this day the Lk O police are "curious" about older cars driven by dark skinned people. One of our many services is to drive test cellular systems. Basically we load a vehicle with laptops and test equipment to measure signal quality in specific areas. We grid the city, and drive it at night in a pattern to capture data over the entire area. That is uploaded and added to the project. The following night we do another area, and we keep doing it until the entire market is gathered.

It's easy work, but requires diligence, and an apitude to solving hardware issues as they arise making it the perfect part time job for engineering students at our area universities. We give them the full use of a well marked company vehicle loaded with all the equipment. We email them their assignments. They drive it, and then head over to our main office uploading across our wifi. We never had a problem until one of them had to drive Lake Oswego. The black and brown students would get wheeled at 3am and asked a bunch of questions always ending with a call to me or another supv explaining who they were and what their task was. It got to the point I specifically notified Lake Oswego dispatch when we had a drive test scheduled in their city. It didn't halt all the traffic stops, but seemed to lower the rate. Oddly this never happened in any other part of town.
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump and allies plant seeds for ‘chaos and discord’ if he loses, experts warn
Spread of conspiracy theories seeks to foment early election doubts in case Trump loses, some Republicans say

Peter Stone
Tue 3 Sep 2024 12.00 CEST

Donald Trump and election denialist allies at Turning Point USA, True the Vote and other Maga stalwarts are spreading conspiracy theories about election fraud in order to lay the groundwork for charging the election was rigged if Trump loses, warn election experts and some veteran Republicans.

The consequences of the strategy could be dire. John Giles, the Republican mayor of Mesa Arizona who spoke at the Democratic national convention in August in support of Vice-President Kamala Harris’s campaign for the presidency, said that former president Trump and his allies “will throw everything at the wall and see what sticks”, if Trump loses.

He added: “They’ll claim everything went wrong if they lose. I’d be surprised if Trump doesn’t try to foment insurrection if he loses the election.”

Twin drives by Trump and Maga allies echo some falsehoods from 2020 about fraud due to voting machines and drop boxes, but now promote Trump’s conspiratorial attacks on federal and state prosecutors who filed criminal charges against him for trying to subvert his loss in 2020, and push baseless claims that noncitizens are poised to vote in large numbers.

Turning Point USA, for instance, has touted a multi-million dollar drive to get out more votes for Trump in key swing states, while holding a few big rallies for Trump where bogus claims are still being made that the 2020 election was rigged, and new fears are being raised about potential fraud this year.

Trump and his Maga allies have spent months decrying “election interference” and “lawfare” to sully federal and state charges he faces over his multiple and aggressive efforts to block Joe Biden from taking office on 6 January 2021, a tactic that aims both to rally his backers and undercuts the rule of law, experts say.

Further, as in the 2020 and 2016 elections, Trump has waffled about committing in advance to accept the results of this year’s elections as he did in his June debate with president Joe Biden.

“If it’s a fair and legal and good election – absolutely,” Trump said after being asked three times if he would accept the results. But then Trump repeated a false claim that US elections are filled with fraud to justify his sprawling efforts to overturn his 2020 defeat. “I would have much rather accepted these – but the fraud and everything else was ridiculous.”

This year too false charges of sizable voting by noncitizens have become commonplace in the Maga ecosystem. They are spurred in part by Trump and House speaker Mike Johnson holding a press event at Mar-a-Lago in April on the topic that led the House to pass bill to outlaw voting by noncitizens – even though it is already illegal and historically has been miniscule.

To drum up fears of noncitizen voting, True the Vote sent out a fundraising appeal in March that cited the group’s efforts to “draft arguments for litigation” and other plans to thwart what it baselessly claims will be election “chaos” this year “by way of mass illegal voter registrations”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... y-theories
MN-Skeptic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Judge issues preliminary injunction on Trump campaign use of the song ‘Hold On, I’m Coming’
A federal judge has ruled former President Donald Trump and his campaign must pause on using the song “Hold On, I’m Coming.”

The decision came after the estate of the late R&B artist and songwriter Isaac Hayes sought an emergency injunction to stop the Trump campaign from using the song at campaign events, alleging the campaign does not have approval.

Judge Thomas Thrash Jr. made the ruling from the bench in court in Atlanta, Georgia.

“I do order Trump and his campaign to not use the song without proper license,” he said.

The judge denied a motion by the Hayes estate to force the Trump campaign to take down any previously recorded uses of the song.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kendra

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/03/politics ... index.html
When former President Donald Trump held a campaign event at Arlington National Cemetery last week, 1st Lt. Jimmy McCain says he viewed it as a “violation.”

The youngest son of the late Sen. John McCain had already been moving away from the Republican Party — just weeks ago, he changed his voter registration to Democrat and plans to vote for Kamala Harris in November, he told CNN in an exclusive interview this week.

But he is speaking out now for the first time about Trump because of the former president’s conduct at the hallowed ground where several generations of McCain’s family, including his grandfather and great grandfather, are buried.

“It just blows me away,” McCain, who has served in the military for 17 years, told CNN. “These men and women that are laying in the ground there have no choice” of whether to be a backdrop for a political campaign, he said.

“I just think that for anyone who’s done a lot of time in their uniform, they just understand that inherently — that it’s not about you there. It’s about these people who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the name of their country.”
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

Re these song bans:

Usually when you rent a venue like an arena, civic center, etc, that building owner holds BMI/ASCAP licenses.That usually gives the group who rents the venue permission to use music covered under those licenses (music played during sports events, proms, dinners, recitals, etc). If an artist has licensed her music with BMI or ASCAP, I'm not sure she can enjoin any particular renter from playing it.

It's a complicated legal area and I probably know just enough to be dangerous. Plus, turmp/vance have been having rallies at non-arena type places, and I would think that a warehouse that stores tractors probably does not have a license for playing music - in which case I'd think artists could definitely go after the campaign.

I don't know if campaigns can purchase licenses for music so they can play covered music in any venue.

Regardless, I like that artists are speaking out!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

More need to sue.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by northland10 »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:56 pm Re these song bans:

Usually when you rent a venue like an arena, civic center, etc, that building owner holds BMI/ASCAP licenses.That usually gives the group who rents the venue permission to use music covered under those licenses (music played during sports events, proms, dinners, recitals, etc). If an artist has licensed her music with BMI or ASCAP, I'm not sure she can enjoin any particular renter from playing it.

It's a complicated legal area and I probably know just enough to be dangerous. Plus, turmp/vance have been having rallies at non-arena type places, and I would think that a warehouse that stores tractors probably does not have a license for playing music - in which case I'd think artists could definitely go after the campaign.

I don't know if campaigns can purchase licenses for music so they can play covered music in any venue.

Regardless, I like that artists are speaking out!
For BMI, they have a BMI Political Entity license (emphasis mine).

https://www.bmi.com/licensing/entry/political
Q: What is the BMI Political Entities license?
The BMI Political Entities license authorizes the public performance of over 22.4 million musical works in BMI’s repertoire at events and functions hosted by political campaigns and organizations. This blanket license ensures that political entities are in compliance with copyright law wherever events may occur throughout the duration of the campaign. The license includes a provision that permits BMI to exclude a musical work(s) from the license should we receive an objection from a songwriter or publisher regarding its use by the licensee. If that occurs, BMI will notify the licensee that the particular musical work has been removed from license and is no longer authorized by BMI to perform the musical work.

Q: Will a venue license cover the campaign event if it is at a BMI licensed venue?
No,a venue license does not cover events and functions hosted by political campaigns and organizations held at venues.Political campaigns must obtain a BMI Political Entities License to authorize to use of the musical works, whether at a traditional location such as a hotel or convention center, or at a nontraditional location such as airport hangars or community fields, where political events take place.
TL;DR. The campaign must have its own license, and a creator may ask to remove their content from it. Venue licenses do not apply to the campaign. They must have their own.

So, in terms of suing, that is probably a public consumption statement. If they have had their content removed, I don't know if BMI would sue for using it or the content creator.
Rolodex

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Rolodex »

Thanks. I didn't look it up. What I know comes from working with non-profits (mostly arts orgs) when renting various local venues. I also managed a show last year and some folks wanted to use a particular song and rewrite it. I had to put the kibosh on that after looking into our user license wrt that particular song.

One of our groups got tagged last year for using a song that they didn't realize was excluded from the venue/org license (it was a dance group that has its own coverage license-wise). I guess those companies have bots that cruise the interwebs looking for possible use of their music. Or some asshole turned them in. People are petty.

I'm glad to see campaigns are different.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Estiveo
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by keith »

I was gonna put this in the Vance Campaign thread but I couldn't find one and didn't want to start one.

Edit: That's not the one I thought it was. I'll have to look some more.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
bill_g

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bill_g »

If you play it backwards, you can hear Trump say "I buried Vince Foster".
Dr. Ken

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dr. Ken »

much ado

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by much ado »

That answer is going to satisfy absolutely no one. It will only lose votes, not gain, or even retain, them.

Trump is the worst politician in modern history.
northland10

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by northland10 »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:22 pm Thanks. I didn't look it up. What I know comes from working with non-profits (mostly arts orgs) when renting various local venues. I also managed a show last year and some folks wanted to use a particular song and rewrite it. I had to put the kibosh on that after looking into our user license wrt that particular song.

One of our groups got tagged last year for using a song that they didn't realize was excluded from the venue/org license (it was a dance group that has its own coverage license-wise). I guess those companies have bots that cruise the interwebs looking for possible use of their music. Or some asshole turned them in. People are petty.

I'm glad to see campaigns are different.
BMI and ASCAP have been cruising around looking for violators of even minor things for decades. They even went after scout camps for singing a song written for the boy scouts and girl scouts.
Suranis

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Suranis »

http://www.smallpeculiar.com

2024-09-03-taagw-16-or-so-1.jpg
2024-09-03-taagw-16-or-so-1.jpg (68.07 KiB) Viewed 652 times
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

a David Pakman opinion on DonOld

Chilidog

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Chilidog »

northland10 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:38 pm
bill_g wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:19 pm
I don't think Howell is a sundown town but it has a long history of rather nasty racism. Some have tried to pull the town out of that world, but it is slow going.

IMG_2742.png
IMG_2742.png (498.57 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Return to “US President”