2024 Democratic National Convention

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I don't know why CNN has these people on.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 11:21 am I don't know why CNN has these people on.
Oh noes, she lost the whiney white guy vote.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Oh lordy. Hide the catsup bottles!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I did not watch the convention last night, but I've been seeing some videos today. Steve Kerr was great! (note who posted this tweet)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Anyone heard if James Taylor is rescheduled after being bumped last night due time delays and running late?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I saw a tweet earlier says that they were considering starting the main event earlier tonight so they don’t end up running so late.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Starting earlier might help smooth things out, but it's exciting to see the dual momentum at this DNC convention. They’re moving so quickly that the final DNC Platform still references Biden-Harris: https://democrats.org/wp-content/upload ... ATFORM.pdf.

The event feels a bit disjointed at times—Hillary Clinton’s speech was fantastic, possibly her best ever, but she didn’t pivot from the “LOCK HIM UP” chants the way Kamala Harris would, by steering it towards "the courts will take care of him, we’re going to beat him at the ballot box." I understand why HRC smiled—she’s earned it—but it highlights the dual nature of this event.

This convention is more than just a lineup of speeches—it’s a celebration of a generational change and a party that’s ready to move forward. The blend of experience and fresh perspectives is exactly what makes the Democrats strong going into 2024.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Reinforcing physical barricades around convention.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

MAGAs were treating the protests as apocalyptic and were sad there wasn't bloodshed and violence.

And yay Adam! :dance:

Adam Kinzinger (Slava Ukraini) 🇺🇸🇺🇦🇮🇱 @AdamKinzinger 6h

I can now report that I will be speaking Thursday at the Democratic National Convention.

True conservatism has been replaced with a cult. I’ll be making that clear.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It’s now being reported that the main programming will begin at 5:30 Central time today.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:57 pm It’s now being reported that the main programming will begin at 5:30 Central time today.
Thank you! I have alerted ol' Wifehorn, who stayed up for all of it last night. :rockon:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Hooray! My Aunt Patti is performing tonight -- Miss Patti LaBelle!

The only better soul food cooking than Patti's was Aretha Franklin's. And Patti never set her hotplate on fire in a hotel room haha.

ETA: 6:45pm EDT Patti was awesome! She is 80 and had the crowd crying and cheering. It's great seeing young people learn about the legends -- one young man had his hands in the air. That's an old saying -- When there's nothing more to say, raise your hand. Thank you Philly girl Patti!

Then Carter's grandson and JFK's grandson. "The torch has been passed to a new generation"
Luke

Post by Luke »

:lol: I think it's fun to have a DJ mixing the roll call vote, don't think it's ever been done before. Sure livens what can be a slooooow ceremony.

They've given everyone in the hall a Swiftie color changing wristband, we'll be seeing that a lot tonight :P

BIRTHER ALERT: The Hawaii Delegation just bragged: Our state is the BIRTHPLACE of Barack Obama! (Cheers!)
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Sean Astin speaking for Indiana, that was fun!

(of course, 4 of Florida delegates just HAD to vote "present". Good grief even our Democratic delegates have to embarrass us)
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Since Obama is speaking tonight, that's apparently triggering FoxNews. Birth certificate!
-

Acyn
@Acyn

Watters: Obama is still the godfather of this machine… That is why we will be sending Johnny to Hawaii to get the truth about the birth certificate. This time we will dig deep and find out what really happened.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

and then we will.................
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Edit: I always wondered if Trump mocked some of the obvious weirdos that are his most ardent supporters. Apparently he does.
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I looked up the Jasmine Crockett speech on YouTube and found many. All of them were from Fox stations.

I dunno if they cut them from the live broadcast, or maybe only your local affiliate, but I suspect shenanigans by that poster who claimed they shut out black speakers.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

That was unexpected but super fun!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

.... Is he a Wrestler? :?
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx