Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) - Joshua David Hawley, aka Fistpump McRunpants

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:lol: The new indictment is all a distraction from Hunter.
Hawley on new Trump indictment: ‘We cannot allow this to stand’

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) slammed the new charges brought against former President Trump in the case over his handling of classified documents on Thursday, arguing that “we cannot allow this to stand.”

“It’s so brazen right now what they’re doing,” Hawley said on Fox News. “It is really a subversion of the rule of law. I mean, they’re taking the rule of law, turning it on its head, and we cannot allow this to stand.”

“The American people are not gonna be safe,” he added. “Our system of government is not gonna be safe if this is gonna be the new standard.”
:snippity:
Hawley suggested that the Justice Department is now “charging random people” following de Oliveira’s addition to the indictment and claimed that the new charges were brought in order to distract from Hunter Biden’s legal problems.
“Is it any coincidence that the DOJ rushes to add these new indictments today, after the Hunter debacle, after their own self-dealing and two-timing is exposed, after they tried to us the true extent of this plea deal,” Hawley said.

“That gets blown up, and then it’s like, ‘Oh well, we’ve got to go indict Trump on something else,’” he added.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/412 ... ndictment/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:31 pm :lol: The new indictment is all a distraction from Hunter.
Hawley on new Trump indictment: ‘We cannot allow this to stand’

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) slammed the new charges brought against former President Trump in the case over his handling of classified documents on Thursday, arguing that “we cannot allow this to stand.”

“It’s so brazen right now what they’re doing,” Hawley said on Fox News. “It is really a subversion of the rule of law. I mean, they’re taking the rule of law, turning it on its head, and we cannot allow this to stand.”

“The American people are not gonna be safe,” he added. “Our system of government is not gonna be safe if this is gonna be the new standard.”
Hawley suggested that the Justice Department is now “charging random people” following de Oliveira’s addition to the indictment and claimed that the new charges were brought in order to distract from Hunter Biden’s legal problems.
“Is it any coincidence that the DOJ rushes to add these new indictments today, after the Hunter debacle, after their own self-dealing and two-timing is exposed, after they tried to us the true extent of this plea deal,” Hawley said.

“That gets blown up, and then it’s like, ‘Oh well, we’ve got to go indict Trump on something else,’” he added.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/412 ... ndictment/
It's not the timing Josh, it's the criming.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
raison de arizona

Hawley seems as concerned, if not more so, than Lee.
MeidasTouch @MeidasTouch wrote: Remember how nervous Mike Lee was about investigators accessing phone metadata from Jan 6?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Naughty naughty.
Missouri judge rules AG’s office under Josh Hawley ‘knowingly’ violated transparency laws
Judge Jon Beetem concluded Hawley’s staff illegally refused to turn over public records out of concern it could have hurt his 2018 Senate campaign

A Missouri judge on Monday ruled staff in the attorney general’s office, while it was being run by now-U.S. Sen. Josh Hawley, used private email accounts to “knowingly and purposefully” subvert the state’s open records law.

Cole County Judge Jon Beetem determined the attorney general’s office violated the Sunshine Law by taking steps to conceal emails between Hawley’s taxpayer-funded staff and his political consultants during his 2018 campaign for U.S. Senate.

The attorney general’s office must pay $12,000 in civil penalties — the maximum allowed under state law — plus attorney’s fees.

The emails in question were requested by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in late 2017. Hawley’s office told the DSCC at the time that it had “searched our records and found no responsive records.”

But a year after the request was denied, The Kansas City Star revealed Hawley and his staff had used private email rather than their government accounts to communicate with out-of-state political consultants who would go on to run Hawley’s U.S. Senate campaign.
https://missouriindependent.com/2022/11 ... ency-laws/
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Lock him up!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 21e1&ei=18
On the third anniversary of the Jan. 6 insurrection where supporters of Donald Trump stormed the Capitol in an attempt to keep Congress for certifying the 2020 presidential election results, the editors of the St. Louis Post Dispatch editorial page pointed the finger at Missouri Republican Josh Hawley who helped set the stage for the national crisis.

According to the editors, the Jan. 6 riot might never have happened if the Missouri GOP senator had not pushed the idea that the election was stolen and announced his intention to oppose the will of the voters.

In a brutal editorial, the editors noted that the now four-times indicted Trump spent the days after losing the election sulking and complaining that the election was stolen, but it was Hawley who lit the fuse that led to the Jan. 6 riot — all in the service of raising his profile.

"Trump’s gaseous lies might have merely dissipated into the atmosphere had it not been for Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri, who was the first senator to object to ballot results," they wrote.

They then added, "That damnable, self-serving stunt is what made it necessary for Congress that day to debate the undebatable legitimacy of Joe Biden’s victory — thus providing a time-and-place target for the MAGA madness of Jan. 6."
raison de arizona

Lucas Kunce @LucasKunceMO wrote: Josh Hawley thinks he and his anti-abortion crusade are just as important as the heroes who fought to end slavery — and that’s why he won’t stop till he’s outlawed all abortions nationwide.

Don’t believe me? Well, here he is saying it:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Fuck you, you fucking fuck. - Ashley Morris
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Another guy who gives a blob of cells pre-birth peronsrights.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Women are just going to stop being fertile. I believe it's already happening, young women getting their tubes tied because they don't want children or don't want to be forced into a pregnancy against their will. I know several young women who are just saying fuck it, clip 'em and burn 'em.

And I can't say I blame them.
ImageImageImage x5
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

If they don't want children, that's the responsible choice. Killing them after the fact, isn't. Nor is going through a very damaging medical procedure after the fact, and then trying to package it as exercising freedum.

In any case "becoming less fertile" is not actually what happens in the real live examples of Gilead we have in this world, where in one case Abortion is widely available up to 16 weeks. :roll: It really is odd that you cling to fiction these days but hey, I cant Judge I suppose.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Oh and since I know you Sunflowers will be screaming that I want women to die, I'm sorry, but that kind of treatment is allowed under Roman Catholic Doctrine. Kisses, and I love you all! Have a great day!

https://www.catholic.com/qa/ectopic-pre ... ble-effect
Hic sunt dracones
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Anyone have a clue what the mouse is blathering about? It seems rather disconnected from everything else in this thread.
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:03 am In any case "becoming less fertile" is not actually what happens in the real live examples of Gilead we have in this world, where in one case Abortion is widely available up to 16 weeks. :roll: It really is odd that you cling to fiction these days but hey, I cant Judge I suppose.
Tell that to one of the 30 million Texans. Or 22 million Floridians.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Or Alabama
Or Louisiana
Or Georgia
Or Tennessee
Or...........
ImageImageImage x5
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:55 pm
Suranis wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:03 am In any case "becoming less fertile" is not actually what happens in the real live examples of Gilead we have in this world, where in one case Abortion is widely available up to 16 weeks. :roll: It really is odd that you cling to fiction these days but hey, I cant Judge I suppose.
Or anyone in Alabama.

Curious that infant mortality went up in Texas after abortion became illegal. Better to let moms suffer and babies die painful deaths than to allow medically necessary abortions. https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/24/health/s ... index.html
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Mansplaining pregnancy and it's effect on women's bodies and psyches . . . again.

ETA: Also too, how generous that the men in charge of the Catholic Church will give allowances for women to get a procedure that saves their lives.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:03 am If they don't want children, that's the responsible choice. Killing them after the fact, isn't. Nor is going through a very damaging medical procedure after the fact, and then trying to package it as exercising freedum.

In any case "becoming less fertile" is not actually what happens in the real live examples of Gilead we have in this world, where in one case Abortion is widely available up to 16 weeks. :roll: It really is odd that you cling to fiction these days but hey, I cant Judge I suppose.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:03 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:55 pm
Or anyone in Alabama.

Curious that infant mortality went up in Texas after abortion became illegal. Better to let moms suffer and babies die painful deaths than to allow medically necessary abortions. https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/24/health/s ... index.html
For the record, I was talking about Iran. You know, real life Theocracy like Gilead and FAMOUSLY respectful of women's rights (sarcasm). Which is why its great on Abortions.

I guess being even slightly subtle is lost on some people. Yes, Iran allows Abortion up to 16 weeks. Iran is like Gilead. Therefore, making Abortion freely available makes a country the same as Gilead. Iran oes not respect women, therefore abortion is not the same as respecting Women.

In short, by all your screaming, you must be concluding that women have more rights in Iran. I haven't looked at abortion rates in other theocracies but I imagine its similar. So, ya, if you were thinking logically and following through with your arguments, hardcore Muslim countries LOOOOVE Women.

That's the problem with basing your rhetoric around fictional countries like Gilead as though it proves something. People start looking at REAL countries and seeing how the fictional rules you insist on don't actually apply in reality. But fiction is so neat and tidy and quotable!

Anyhoo, moving on, I had a look at that CNN article but buried in the second to last paragraph and bits of the other paragraphs are suggestions that something else is going on.
The new JAMA Pediatrics study found that, between 2021 and 2022, infant deaths in Texas surged 12.9%, compared with a much smaller increase in the rest of the US of 1.8%. It also found a significant jump in the rate of infant mortality in Texas – or the number of deaths per thousand live births – relative to the rest of the country, suggesting that the increase in the number of infant deaths was not solely the byproduct of a rise in births. In that same time period, infant mortality rates rose 8.3% in Texas, compared with an increase of 2.2% in the rest of the nation.

The neonatal mortality rate – or the death rates of babies younger than 28 days – also increased in Texas by 5.8% but decreased in the rest of the US, the study found.

The study also found that the number of congenital anomalies increased in Texas from 2021 to 2022 but not in the rest of the US.
Firstly it depends on how you define "infant deaths" which is mentioned nowhere else in the article.

Secondly, this, which appears halfway down the article in a way which suggests they want it to be buried, suggests that the real reason could very well be some kind of environmental factor that was killing children such as pollutions, and not boo hiss abortion bans.

And thirdly, And this should be obvious: If the Neonatal Mortality rate went down across the whole country other than Texas when Abortion was banned across the country, that would logically mean that abortion was bad for neonatal mortality, right? And that Texas was an exception for some reason other than Abortion bans.

But the CNN writers don't even look at the implications of those paragraphs. They frame them around doctors lamenting the abortion bans as though that was the only factor, which means they were trying to make people not think about the implications. But even the doctors were saying the results need more study to fins definitive prove about what the results show.

So, ya, your link does not prove what you say it does when you read it. Funny how often that happens when people just throw links they found on some Pro-abortion site without actually reading the article. And I am really, REALLY sick of people doing that becasue it happens all the fucking time. Read your links, people :mad: *sigh*

So, ya your logic fails on one end, and your link does not actually prove what you and CNN want it to prove.

And I normally step away from these things after one session because all that happens is that I get everyone yelling things I didn't say, a volley of insults, and people making it obvious they don't even read what I said. I just clicked on this because I had forgotten that this was another one where the Possy would have been sent out with a rope and a noose.

There's no point in discussing when people don't want to have a discussion. All you want is to have a good lynching. So lynch away, my friends.
Hic sunt dracones
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:20 pm Anyone have a clue what the mouse is blathering about? It seems rather disconnected from everything else in this thread.
I'm late replying, apparently he's hijacked this thread because Slim made an anecdotal personal observation about young women getting tubal ligations, (nothing to do with abortion). Accusing others of screaming, lynching, and in general the ultimate sin of not agreeing with him. I can see why there are more than a few folks on here that have blocked/ignored him. Still on the tirade a month later.
It's annoying because I just wanted to see what's going on with Haulie.
I have high hopes for Lucas Kunce. Yale grad, Mizzou law school, etc. and after that, 13 years active duty Marine.
I'm hoping that trump fatigue will take over in Missouri and we can get this state :bag: turned around. I couldn't turn on tv before the primary last week without seeing a commercial for Republican governor being endorsed by Trump. All different candy dates. He endorsed them all!
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Suranis wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:13 pm
Firstly, infants mortality rates are based on infants. Under one year of age.

Secondly, the comparison was specific to TX for the year between their draconian abortion laws that took effect in 2021 and the overturning of Roe in 2022. Or maybe it's because TX law forced women to have babies with fatal anomalies.

Thirdly, Roe wasn't overturned until 2022 so abortion wasn't "banned across the country" during the specific period the study looked at.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

🙄
Image Image Image Image
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

It should be noted that abortion in Iran is only legal 1) before 16 weeks, 2) requires three doctors to certify the woman's life is in danger OR the fetus has one or more listed abnormalities, and 3) both parents consent. There are no other exceptions. All abortions at 16 weeks or later are illegal, including to save the mother's life. This is hardly "widely available."
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:39 pm It should be noted that abortion in Iran is only legal 1) before 16 weeks, 2) requires three doctors to certify the woman's life is in danger OR the fetus has one or more listed abnormalities, and 3) both parents consent. There are no other exceptions. All abortions at 16 weeks or later are illegal, including to save the mother's life. This is hardly "widely available."
Thank you for the real info.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”