Kamala Harris for President - 2024

Post by bob »

I'm not a B.D. Wong fan, but the Second Dude made this for me:
Image ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lol: :thumbsup:
"It actually doesn't take much to be considered a difficult woman. That's why there are so many of us."

--Jane Goodall
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
bob wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:17 pm It was successful for its era, but it was in no way a "Friends" equivalent. People, for whatever reason, still engage in "Friends" nostalgia. Reference are still made it, there was the reunion show, etc. "Hercules" had none of that resonance.

But a show that carries a special place in the hearts of Millennials and Gen Z? "Xena," the "Hercules" spin off. Which actually was more popular in its day than "Hercules."
I found this kind of interesting article on the timeline the shows are supposed to be set in, and how they sometimes contradicted each other.

https://screenrant.com/xena-hercules-ti ... explained/
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Enough about the nobody Sorbo. Let's focus on what really matters: Lucy Lawless aka Xena. She always seemed ... comfortable .... in her costume. (cough) (wink)
much ado

Post by much ado »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:11 pm Enough about the nobody Sorbo. Let's focus on what really matters: Lucy Lawless aka Xena. She always seemed ... comfortable .... in her costume. (cough) (wink)
Yeah, I don't know or remember anything about Sorbo or all those others you've been talking about, but I do remember Xena for some reason...
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:11 pm Enough about the nobody Sorbo. Let's focus on what really matters: Lucy Lawless aka Xena. She always seemed ... comfortable .... in her costume. (cough) (wink)
What? Did she have nice boobs or something?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Her costume was basically a Bikini, yeah.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Xena was a wonderful kick ass female superhero. I loved her sidekick, Gabrielle, too. Just a fun show.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
much ado

Post by much ado »

neonzx wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:28 pm
What? Did she have nice boobs or something?
I dunno, she had something. Here's the episode intro for independent research...

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:30 pm Her costume was basically a Bikini, yeah.
Not in the episodes I remember. This is more of what I remember -
-
XenaGabrielle.jpg
XenaGabrielle.jpg (166.32 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Xena rocked. That show inspired all the warrior princess Halloween costumes for the last how many decades.
ImageImageImage x5
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:40 pm
Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 6:30 pm Her costume was basically a Bikini, yeah.
Not in the episodes I remember. This is more of what I remember -
-
XenaGabrielle.jpg
Or as the article I linked above put it:

Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

Looking at the various electoral-vote-prediction sites, states like Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and occasionally even North Carolina are drifting from lean Republican to toss-up.

While states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin are drifting from toss-up to lean Democrat.

And it looks like Wisconsin (and not Pennsylvania) now is the tipping-point state.
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:00 pm Looking at the various electoral-vote-prediction sites, states like Georgia, Arizona, Nevada and occasionally even North Carolina are drifting from lean Republican to toss-up.

While states like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin are drifting from toss-up to lean Democrat.

And it looks like Wisconsin (and not Pennsylvania) now is the tipping-point state.
The best part about the NC polling is that the governor's race is tilting Dem. Stein is up 10 on Robinson and a lot of the other top rolls are tilting democrat.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:52 pm
Off Topic
bob wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 1:17 pm
But a show that carries a special place in the hearts of Millennials and Gen Z? "Xena," the "Hercules" spin off. Which actually was more popular in its day than "Hercules."
I found this kind of interesting article on the timeline the shows are supposed to be set in, and how they sometimes contradicted each other.

https://screenrant.com/xena-hercules-ti ... explained/
That is a feature of mythological storyscapes.
ALL mythological storyscapes.

Greek mythology is a blend of many local stories that have had he protagonists blended with contradictory results. The Romans multiplied that again.

Even Genesis is a merger of at least two contradictory origen stories.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

I am a Xena fan, and I also watched "Hercules" (it was not as good but he had a cute sidekick), but I think we've worn this out.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I think my problem with them really is that they came out around the time I largely stopped watching TV in general, so they are tainted with the "sick of this" feelings I was having at the time.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Wasn't going to say anything but since this has gone around for a while now -- I worked for both Kevin and Lucy. My company promoted both shows for MCA (Universal) Television. They were both fun, campy shows shot in New Zealand with hot leads. We had life-sized cardboard cutouts of Kevin and Lucy in the office (I think I have them in storage). :lol: It's correct they were both syndicated shows, they ended up in over 100 countries and were cult shows. Xena (which had a big lesbian audience, we had Lucy do interviews and we promoted to that audience), was more popular, it ran from 1995-2001 and was a spin-off of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. Xena IIRC was in the Top 5 for the whole run. Hercules ran from 1995-1999.

We didn't talk politics at all, they were in the office a few times and we had satellite interviews for them. Usually meet-and-greets or logistical meetings. I remember he was quieter (and buff). Lucy had an adorable accent, was funny, and loved being in NYC. There was nothing then (the Clinton era) that implied Kevin Sorbo would become a Dean Cain-esque off-the-deep-end troll. I spent more time with the Baywatch cast (which was owned by the mafia, but that's another story).

I think this was one of our events with them:

Kevin Lucy.JPG
Kevin Lucy.JPG (103.44 KiB) Viewed 790 times

PS: We'll take up the Brad Wong stuff privately, Bob. ;)

Back to Kamala Harris and the fantastic energy that's knocking the impeached felon on his ample ass! More, please!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Ample.

That's the word that was missing in the Xena conversation.

Moving on ...

We Kam do it!

Yes we Kam!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

I'm a little surprised that "Kamalot" isn't being used as a meme. The title song, "Camelot!" would sound great at her rallies.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Foggy wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:08 am I'm a little surprised that "Kamalot" isn't being used as a meme. The title song, "Camelot!" would sound great at her rallies.
Popular parodist Randy Rainbow went there in 2020 when she was chosen as Biden's running mate:

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Oh, that's cool.

I'm gonna say this and run away - bizzy morning.

I'm thrilled to see that we're probably going to get a woman president, and especially this woman, who is inspirational and utterly competent.

However, I can't help thinking how odd it is. Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine. I have followed polly ticks quite closely over the course of this century, and I have to say, she's about the least likely woman to become president in all the land.

She tried to run for president, and got no traction whatsoever. She almost fell into the position she's in today - nominee of the Democratic Party for president of the United States. I can think of lots of women who'd be good presidents. I still like Liz.

But she's awesome, and I wear my "Harris 2024" t-shirt all over the place (I got it before she picked Uncle Timmeh).
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

A problem with Camelot is that it would tend to reinforce a common mispronunciation of "Kamala".
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Maybe we should spin sorbo off his own thread unless we can combine him with any tweets about dean caine and other d list actor trolls. Like that guy from Justified... not the main actor.

Return to “US President”