Kamala Harris for President - 2024

New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

https://www.youtube.com/live/R_JrTu2HFmk

They are getting better at this with each event.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:45 pm [Harris] has reawakened a need and a hope that was extinguished in Nov. 2016. I'm here to tell you that a woman president of the USA would be, will be, titanic.
Times ten thousand, lady. :rockon:

And it will destroy the quadfectee, to be beaten by a woman, and especially this woman.

I am afraid of being overconfident, but wow. Look at the world that showed up on this glorious August morn.
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 8:45 pm Listening to Harris and 20,000 hollaring Arizonans. Holy moly. This is amazing. 2008? Yes, and somehow more, because the fall into autocracy has been soooo awful; but also because this has reawakened a need and a hope that was extinguished in Nov. 2016. I'm here to tell you that a woman president of the USA would be, will be, titanic.
Indeed. I just want that fascist MAGA crap stomped out for once and for all. Let's go, Kamala. Also, too, let's take both the house and the senate and start making some real progress.
Largo al factotum.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Note: poster's enthusiastic statement that separation is "well outside margin of error" seems incorrect. The reported margin of sampling error in each state is above 4% in either direction. Also Times article is now showing 50 - 46 in all three states, not sure why tweeted image diverges.

Gift link to Times Report:
Harris Leads Trump in Three Key States, Times/Siena Polls Find
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Yes We Kam!
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:23 amYes We Kam!
:clap:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Chilidog wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:37 am
bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:23 amYes We Kam!
:clap:
For completeness, not my creation. It's out there, but I don't know who to credit.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:30 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:15 am
Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:16 pm Worst takes of all bad takes

My favorite reply: "if you're really an actor, let's see you pass an audition"
Shame on me, I remember back in the mid-90s being so impressed with how down-to-Earth non-Hollywood he was as he was getting famous. Like, there was literally a time when he told an interviewer for -- I think it was TV Guide or one of those ubiquitous magazines -- that he had to cut the formal interview short because he promised a buddy he'd help with some around-the-house chores, but that the interviewer was welcome to come with him and keep chatting. And that struck me as 'guy who didn't forget his pre-Hollywood friends when he became famous'.

Of course, I also went through a time in the 90s when Steven Seagal was my favorite. So I guess either these guys are really good at masking or I'm really bad at noticing until it gets obvious.

In his defense, I personally witnessed a time when Kevin Sorbo stuck up for a black man against white people.
@RonFilipkowski

@JohnFugelsang

The NZ summer, Feb 1995 when my character, #Xena was introduced into my husband’s show, ‘Hercules the Legendary Journeys’. We actors were sitting around and I brought up a news item. I said, “Guys, did you guys hear about that woman and her friend who were brutally murdered in LA? I think maybe the footballer did it!” And Peanut growled: “Hey! I knew Nicole and let me tell you… she was no picnic!”
BOOM .
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Who is Kevin Sorbo?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Exactly.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:36 pmExactly.
:yeahthat: I had to look him up after reading some of the comments that seemed to suggest that he was an actor.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RVInit wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:42 pm
bill_g wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:36 pmExactly.
:yeahthat: I had to look him up after reading some of the comments that seemed to suggest that he was an actor.
90s. On a cable TV series (not the major networks). Crappy actor.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 1:36 pm
I love Harris and Walz, but look how much people hate Kari Lake. Hopefully her defeat will be the last of her.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

“I met with Bobby Kennedy last winter. We met for three hours. Apparently, I came in second. He chose his woman [Nicole] Shanahan as running mate. Bobby’s still a friend of mine, but I’ll tell you where I stand right now.

“I’m going to be selfish. A few years ago I got the opportunity to see the United States elect its first Black president. I didn’t think that could ever happen, and they even reelected him.

“Well, now I’m going to be selfish again. I’ve only got a few elections to go. I’m 73 years old now, so the window is closing.

“I want to be alive to see the first woman president of the United States of America. It’s time for a woman president. We men have have screwed it up enough.” – Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 7:53 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:30 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:15 am

My favorite reply: "if you're really an actor, let's see you pass an audition"
Shame on me, I remember back in the mid-90s being so impressed with how down-to-Earth non-Hollywood he was as he was getting famous. Like, there was literally a time when he told an interviewer for -- I think it was TV Guide or one of those ubiquitous magazines -- that he had to cut the formal interview short because he promised a buddy he'd help with some around-the-house chores, but that the interviewer was welcome to come with him and keep chatting. And that struck me as 'guy who didn't forget his pre-Hollywood friends when he became famous'.

Of course, I also went through a time in the 90s when Steven Seagal was my favorite. So I guess either these guys are really good at masking or I'm really bad at noticing until it gets obvious.
I didn’t know who he was. I had to google. I still don’t know.
same=I have no idea
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Off Topic
neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 2:45 pm 90s. On a cable TV series (not the major networks). Crappy actor.
Actually, syndicated, not cable. I know because my husband and I used to watch Hercules, the show Sorbo was in. It was a fun sort of action hero show with some good humor. It didn't need good acting. It was just fun. Plus Sorbo was a Minnesota native, so there was that. It also created the spin-off Xena, Warrior Princess and both my husband and I loved that show.

Once upon a time you never would have learned how awful certain people - actors, writers, etc. - were. The internet changed that. It affects the authors I read, the TV shows I watch, and the movies I go to now.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Clearly a man with a lot of impact.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I was looking at video from a variety of sources for today's rally in Las Vegas. Harris and Walz are appearing at the Thomas & Mack basketball and concert arena, which has a capacity of nearly 20,000. It is jam packed, standing room only from what I can see. The enthusiasm is so great to see. Trump's crowds look like zombies by comparison.

Given how fixated Trump is on crowd size, he must be having a serious meltdown at the crowds Harris is pulling in.

— Demetri Martin
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:46 pm
It's way more packed now. I was just watching some videos where they are scanning the venue and all those seats are now full. Harris should be on stage very soon.

— Demetri Martin
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RVInit wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:48 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:46 pm
It's way more packed now. I was just watching some videos where they are scanning the venue and all those seats are now full. Harris should be on stage very soon.
Yep I haven't seen anything else yet but I'm sure it's not even really started since it's only like almost 6 in vegas.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I see she will be on stage at 8:45 Vegas time. So, yeah, it's going to be a while yet. But...all those upper seats in that video above that were empty are now full. I have seen some great speakers so far, and also the Harris campaign is getting permission to play great music, so there is that as well. Looks like everyone is really enjoying themselves.

I have never gone to a political rally. I will go if she comes anywhere near me. She may come to Orlando at some point.

— Demetri Martin
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

RVInit wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:56 pm I see she will be on stage at 8:45 Vegas time. So, yeah, it's going to be a while yet. But...all those upper seats in that video above that were empty are now full. I have seen some great speakers so far, and also the Harris campaign is getting permission to play great music, so there is that as well. Looks like everyone is really enjoying themselves.

I have never gone to a political rally. I will go if she comes anywhere near me. She may come to Orlando at some point.
Yeah I don't have any hope of going to one since I live in the lower hudson valley and I'm not driving to NYC.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

I had RSVPd to go today, but I cancelled around noon because I just didn't want to stand in line in the 108 degree heat. I'm sure I would have made a bunch of new friends, though.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Return to “US President”