Kamala Harris for President - 2024

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Someone on the bird site asked for recs for actions that introverts can do for the election. They compiled a list and so I thought I'd share them. I signed up to do postcards. I've done letters before as well as text banking. Both are good for us introverts!

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

310 million in one month.... technically like 2 weeks

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Damn. Why does Kamala keep hitting me up for another $20 and another and another...
And she's not even offering a free hat for it. :brokenheart:

Do you remember on Obama's first prez campaign talk about about the spending on the election cycle could reach $1 billion *jaw drop*(collectively over all candidates)?

We ain't in Kansas anymore.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

She has secured the nomination!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

poplove wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:30 pm She has secured the nomination!
Good!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The Harris campaign said it is retaining the leadership that ran Biden’s campaign until he dropped out roughly two weeks ago, with Jen O’Malley Dillon continuing to serve as the campaign chair and reporting directly to Harris. But there are several new hires and others who are getting expanded portfolios that reflect how Harris is making her election bid her own as she becomes the party’s nominee.

David Plouffe, who worked as a strategist on Obama’s 2008 and 2012 bids, will join the Harris campaign as a senior adviser. A source familiar with the matter said Plouffe would end his consulting work with TikTok and his podcast he’d started with former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway as he joins the Harris campaign.

Stephanie Cutter, who served as Obama’s deputy campaign manager in 2012, will join the Harris campaign as a strategic adviser.

Others joining or taking on expanded roles in the Harris campaign include Mitch Stewart, who led Obama’s grassroots efforts, and David Binder, who oversaw Obama’s public research operation.

Jennifer Palmieri, who did a stint as communications director in the Obama White House and worked on Hillary Clinton’s 2016 campaign, will join the Harris campaign as a senior adviser to second gentleman Doug Emhoff.

The campaign said Julie Chavez Rodriguez will continue in her role as campaign manager, and she will focus more on the sun belt states of Arizona and Nevada, as well as Latino voters. Polling has shown Harris is more competitive in those states than Biden was against Trump.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... -veterans/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

538 (ABC): Harris and Trump are tied in 538's new polling averages:
Harris is doing noticeably better than Biden was before he dropped out.

Good news, polling fans: 538 now has polling averages for the new presidential matchup between Vice President Kamala Harris and former President Donald Trump. As of Friday at 10 a.m. Eastern, our average of national polls says Harris has the support of 45.0 percent of voters, while Trump garners 43.5 percent.

That 1.5-percentage-point lead is within our average's uncertainty interval, which you can think of as a sort of margin of error for our polling averages. We also have new Harris versus Trump polling averages for the key swing states of Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania, and the races there are within the uncertainty interval as well.
(Spoiler: Harris barely leads in Michigan and Pennsylvania, and is barely trailing in Georgia.)
All in all, Harris is polling better against Trump than Biden, who was trailing by more than 3 points nationally on the day he dropped out.
I read elsewhere that 538's ex- (Nate Silver) said Harris had slight leads in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin (which would win the election).
Image ImageImage
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Nate Silver today:
Nate Silver wrote:Despite a bad day of economic news — which worsens the model’s economic index and therefore harms the incumbent party’s chances — Kamala Harris continues to inch ahead in the forecast on the strength of fairly strong polling. She now leads Donald Trump by 1.1 points in our national polling average, and has a 47 percent chance of winning the Electoral College, putting the race well into toss-up territory.[
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Can you believe "The Fly Debate" was Oct 11, 2020? The shock of the Jim Carrey part seems lifetimes ago but still as bizarre. Just announced -- Maya Rudolph is coming back to SNL for its 50th Season (!) to play MAMALA --

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Luke wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:36 pm Can you believe "The Fly Debate" was Oct 11, 2020? Just announced, Maya Rudolph is coming back to SNL for its 50th Season (!) to play MAMALA --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI_lxFv203I
Yep heard. Old news. Keep up!! :biggrin:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob

Post by bob »

:faint:
Image ImageImage
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Kamala has so many great choices for VP, I think any of them would give her a boost in the polls as well. Too,also the convention coming up gives me some more confidence.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Jimmy Carter says he's hoping to vote for Kamala Harris as 100th birthday approaches

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 657161007/
WASHINGTON - Former President Jimmy Carter told family that as he approaches his milestone 100th birthday this fall that he's holding on to vote in the presidential election.

“I’m only trying to make it to vote for Kamala Harris,” Carter told his son Chip this week, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Carter, who turns 100 on Oct. 1, has been receiving hospice care for over a year. In 2015, the 39th president was diagnosed with cancer that had spread to his brain. :snippity:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Cross-posted -
Michael Tyler, Harris campaign communications director, reacts to Trump’s debate statement: “Donald Trump is running scared and trying to back out of the debate he already agreed to and running straight to Fox News to bail him out. He needs to stop playing games and show up to the debate he already committed to on Sept 10. The Vice President will be there one way or the other to take the opportunity to speak to a prime time national audience. We’re happy to discuss further debates after the one both campaigns have already agreed to. Mr. Anytime, anywhere, anyplace should have no problem with that unless he’s too scared to show up on the 10th.”
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

He's too scared to show up on the 10th. :whistle:
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
bob

Post by bob »

Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:19 am He's too scared to show up on the 10th. :whistle:
Image ImageImage
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

bob wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:25 pm
Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2024 11:19 am He's too scared to show up on the 10th. :whistle:
Oh, but that's the new improved New York Times headline. The original headline was "Trump Agrees to a Fox News Debate With Harris on Sept. 4."

(For those of you who can't see the "improved" headline in the above tweet, it says "Trump Proposes a Fox News Debate With Harris on Sept. 4."
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Anyway, I believe Trump thinks "debates" are supposed to be like the old fake show Jerry Springer. Audience whooping and yelling as the guests sling shit bombs at each other.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️🥥🌴✅

Post by poplove »

Jack E. Smith ⚖️
@7Veritas4
Nice.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hope he has a good Security team.
ImageImageImage x5
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Mesa's mayor is termed out, so it's not entirely political suicide for him since can't run again. I don't know if he has further ambitions, but hating trump then loving him doesn't seem to be an impediment to getting elected (see: JD Vance).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Now leading in the RCP average

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

That will teach Trump not to make East End Friday evening traffic worse. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “US President”