Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Slim, here's the first unofficial breakdown from Maricopa. Pitiful turnout but more Ds didn't turn out than Rs it looks like:

https://elections.maricopa.gov/asset/jc ... 1_0110.pdf

2024 Maricopa.JPG
2024 Maricopa.JPG (131.45 KiB) Viewed 792 times

Dang, looks like the GOP is catching on to early voting. :lol:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

I was curious about the NOL and NON. I guess they are undeclared party affiliation. I am also guessing that AZ has a closed primary, so there is less reason for undeclared voters to show up, other than propositions etc.

That’s a large block of voters if that is correct.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Unaligned voters like me in Az can choose to vote in either primary.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

an interview with Kari Lake during the RNC a couple of weeks back

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Reddog wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:51 am I was curious about the NOL and NON. I guess they are undeclared party affiliation. I am also guessing that AZ has a closed primary, so there is less reason for undeclared voters to show up, other than propositions etc.

Asked about this:

Modernista64 @modernista64 1h
Replying to @Orly_licious and @Garrett_Archer
NOL is No Labels, who had no candidates on the ballot (unless there were nonpartisan municipal races in the voter’s district). NON is nonpartisan. Independent voters can choose REP, DEM, or NON ballot.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Thanks Luke,
I owe you another cup of coffee, if I can figure out how to do that.
Luke

Post by Luke »

It's my pleasure. Some others I respect chimed in to reply as well -- posted the tweet below if you have any follow-ups (or ask me and I'll pass them along).

My question was: Happy Saturday, Garrett & all. If you have a moment, we're curious about the NOL and NON in this chart. Are they undeclared party affiliation? It’s a large block of voters if correct. Trying to understand the chart. https://elections.maricopa.gov/asset/jc ... 0.1.1-4266

The AZ - abc15 - Data Guru @Garrett_Archer 2h
Replying to @Orly_licious
Nol is no labels and non is non partisan ballots. (Municipal races)

Arizona's Law @arizonaslaw 2h
Replying to @Garrett_Archer and @Orly_licious
It was a unique situation, Luke.

We have an open primary. Dems and GOP's can only vote their ballots.

No Labels could vote their blank ballot or a non-partisan. That 858 chose a blank is crazy, and is explained by confusion - voters and poll workers - and a sense of resignation

Arizona's Law @arizonaslaw 2h
Replying to @arizonaslaw @Garrett_Archer and @Orly_licious
Independents could choose a Dem or a GOP (or a blank No Labels).

I was impressed that so many refused to pull a party ballot and only voted municipal (towns and schools). Again, confusion played a role.

Reddog

Post by Reddog »

That thread was was very informative, thanks again. I’m x-thing and facebook illiterate.
I am a little disturbed by what Arizona slaw said:
That 858 chose a blank is crazy, and is explained by confusion - voters and poll workers - and a sense of resignation
It indicates to me that the legislature has some work to do to clear up the confusion. I am worried that the confusion will add to the election deniers (kari lake) reason to repeatedly contest the election. The sense of resignation is scary, i.e. what putin wants.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I don't understand the "blank" choice for a ballot. What is it? Like all right-in with no candidate names in a blank ballot.?
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Good question, I thought it was strictly propositions, and non-partisan elections. We have open primaries here (mo), so the semi-openclosed is different to me.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Reddog wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 4:34 am Good question, I thought it was strictly propositions, and non-partisan elections. We have open primaries here (mo), so the semi-openclosed is different to me.
Looked it up. In AZ it was because thousands registered to vote for the "No Labels" party yet that party did not present any candidates. Therefore Presidential candidate preference of those ballots were left "blank". (moot)

Their ballots still had any other non partisan issues on the ballots.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Reddog wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 12:51 am I was curious about the NOL and NON. I guess they are undeclared party affiliation. I am also guessing that AZ has a closed primary, so there is less reason for undeclared voters to show up, other than propositions etc.

There was a lot of no contests in the Dem primary. Nothing to get excited about.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
bob

Post by bob »

So saying she staked the McCain machine might have been ... unwise.
Image ImageImage
Luke

Post by Luke »

Oops, I forgot to post this this morning --
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 10h
#Loser #KariLake #GetOut $79M ad blitz begins: Democratic Senatorial Committee hits GOP in 4 battleground states: AZ, MI, PA & WI. In Arizona, the ad features footage of Lake telling McCain Republicans to “get the hell out.” #AZSen @tomryanlaw @arizonaslaw

Return to “Governors & State Elections”