Mr. Beast Jimmy Donaldson 5/7/98 MrBeast & Ryan Trahan - Youth Charity - Fundraisers - Philanthropy - Digital Media

Suranis

Mr. Beast Jimmy Donaldson 5/7/98 MrBeast & Ryan Trahan - Youth Charity - Fundraisers - Philanthropy - Digital Media

Post by Suranis »

(a) I was getting in what everyone I going to say about why I posted that Video. They would start shouting about everything else other than the incident. Exactly like you are doing.

(b) bullshit. the fact that this person is on the protected class list is another reason it took so long to come out. I've brought up tranz assholes in this very board before and got dumped on for daring to do so.

(c) the fact that you are coming out swinging and defending Tranz people, rather than spending more than half a sentence on the asshole is proving my point. "HOW DARE YOU DO SUCH A THING!!! THE PROTECTED CLASS MUST BE DEFENDED!!!!!"

I'm sick of this, to be honest. Why I put my hand in this hornets nest all the time is beyond me.

MR Beast worked with a pedo on his children's channel for over a Decade. Who cares.
Hic sunt dracones
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

BULLSHIT!

And it's "Trans" not "tranz". Unless you're trying for the slur, in which case, I honestly would have expected FAR better of you than that.

If you got dumped on, then maybe it's because of the attitude - and bigotry - that you may have been showing.

I made it quite clear, if this jackass is convicted, I hope they spend the rest of their life in prison. And it was far more than "half a sentence"

I simply pointed out WE ARE NOT A PROTECTED CLASS. If trump wins and project 2025 is implemented, me and a lot of my trans and LGBTQ+ siblings will be in exile or DEAD. That's NOT A PROTECTED CLASS, THAT'S FUCKING ENDANGERED. People and families are having to leave parts of the US where they or their families are in danger, and in a civilized country that would be a fucking human rights issue.

Is what this idiot is accused of horrible? Yes. Should they see the inside of a courtroom? Yes. If convicted, should they spend their life in prison? Yes.

Does their gender matter in this case? No.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
(she/her)
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I agree with everything you said, Shannon. 💙

An independent investigation has been opened. Anti-trans activists have been spreading rumors and accusations like wildfire. The alleged victim has defended her. YouTubers and young people sh*tpost and say all sorts of things they don't mean. As Suranis said, Jimmy has not been accused of anything (the investigation will show how much, if anything, he knew).
MrBeast Speaks Out on Grooming Claims Against His Collaborator: ‘I Am Disgusted’
‘UNACCEPTABLE’
The world’s biggest YouTube star said he’d taken “immediate action” after finding out about the alleged behavior.
Published Jul. 25, 2024 7:08AM EDT

YouTube star MrBeast on Wednesday addressed grooming allegations against his former co-host and longtime collaborator Ava Kris Tyson. Tyson, 28, was recently accused by other YouTubers of sending inappropriate messages to a child when she was 20. “Over the last few days, I’ve become aware of the serious allegations of Ava Tyson’s behavior online and I am disgusted and opposed to such unacceptable acts,” MrBeast, real name Jimmy Donaldson, said in a statement on X.

Donaldson’s message came a day after Tyson herself announced they had “mutually decided” she would “permanently step away from all things MrBeast.” Tyson also apologized “for any of my past behavior or comments if it hurt or offended anyone” while unequivocally adding: “I never groomed anyone.”

Donaldson said in his statement Wednesday that he’d hired an “independent third party to conduct a thorough investigation to ensure I have all the facts” of the matter. “That said, I’ve seen enough online and taken immediate action to remove Ava from the company, my channel, and any association with MrBeast,” he wrote. “I do not condone or support any of the inappropriate actions.” Donaldson added that he would let the investigators carry out a “comprehensive” probe and take any further action based on its outcome.

Tyson had worked on the channel since 2012, according to the BBC. The broadcaster reports that Tyson’s alleged victim has defended her, calling videos making the allegations “massive lies.” “Ava never did anything wrong and just made a few edgy jokes,” the person said. “I was never exploited or taken advantage of.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/mrbeast-a ... -disgusted

I've seen Jimmy Donaldson and the Mr Beast team do an incredible amount of good. I have goodwill towards them and will wait for the results of the investigation without making unconfirmed accusations based on YouTube videos by creators whose motives I don't know.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Suranis bigotry is a big part of the reason I keep him on ignore. (and the one disadvantage to the quote function)
Image Image Image Image
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Estiveo wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:45 am Suranis bigotry is a big part of the reason I keep him on ignore. (and the one disadvantage to the quote function)
I'm sorry to find this out about him. *Sigh*
(she/her)
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Luke wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:21 am I agree with everything you said, Shannon. 💙
Thank you.
An independent investigation has been opened. Anti-trans activists have been spreading rumors and accusations like wildfire. The alleged victim has defended her. YouTubers and young people sh*tpost and say all sorts of things they don't mean. As Suranis said, Jimmy has not been accused of anything (the investigation will show how much, if anything, he knew).
I admit, I haven't followed this kerfluffle. I've seen some transphobic bigots mention it as part of their agenda, and I understand that the alleged victim has been defending her. That being said, it seems like was stupid and inappropriate at best.

It pisses me off because all this persons stupid seems to have done is destroyed her career, trashed another career, and added fuel to bigotry's fire.
(she/her)
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Shannon, here's a story about Ava Kris Tyson and her journey, it's fairly recent and she has a beautiful son Tucker Tyson, born in 2020.

https://mrbeastburger.io/ava-kris-tyson ... nd-family/

This was their family back then:

TuckerTyson_SonofkatietysonandMr.Beast-ezgif.com-optiwebp.webp
TuckerTyson_SonofkatietysonandMr.Beast-ezgif.com-optiwebp.webp (31.81 KiB) Viewed 1478 times

It's a complex story with lots of challenges. As usual, the anti-Trans bigots and haters have jumped on the story with wild allegations. Of course, I agree with you, any criminal charges should be prosecuted fully, but these haters are trying to subtly tie Jimmy into this in an effort to IDK what -- take his channel down? Destroy everything he built? It seems like another Outrage du Jour Feed The Beast screaming that will subside when they move on to another hateful topic. In the meantime, this all happened before Ava had her transition so any reference to that is just clickbait and being hateful.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

"Decided to" is such an intentionally ignorant fuckwitted statement. It's expected, so no surprise there.

For Shannon and all other trans people I know, it hurts my heart to see all the moronic things people say and think, and know how much it must hurt you. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you go through but I can acknowledge it. I'm sorry stupid people say stupid things, and write stupid laws, and do stupid stuff.
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

Suranis wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:27 pm
:snippity:
I'm sick of this, to be honest. Why I put my hand in this hornets nest all the time is beyond me.

:snippity:
For the attention?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Mr Beast - new to me. Mind blowing how much money some YouTubers make as an influencer. No wonder so many reach for that brass ring.

Mouse Man likes being the lightning rod. He can be provocative. I don't think he intends malice, shock, or disruption. I think his Irish Catholic upbringing shines through at times, and it strikes some people wrong. He's frank, and at times contrarian. He never engages in exchanges of insults. But, he also doesn't back down easily. He's quite sure in his thoughts on matters, and he's not afraid to wrestle a difficult subject. Use his words as a yardstick to gauge your own.

Or ignore him as so many do.
Attachments
20240209 avi suranis.jpg
20240209 avi suranis.jpg (5.58 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I beg to differ about the insults, I've been hit with them many times by that guy. And they were vicious. I've had him on Ignore for quite a while. I just wish there was a way I could block him from seeing my posts.
ImageImageImage x5
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I respect you and your opinions, Bill, but in think your take on S is just not accurate. I think you've bypassed his toxicity and the mean-spirited rage he directs at people here. Plus I think he's terrified to wrestle with difficult subjects.

Yea, I have him on block.

---

Yo Shannon! Glad you've been piping up more here. I enjoy following your academic journey!
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:50 am I respect you and your opinions ...
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:43 am I beg to differ about the insults ...
Thank you both. I'll bear that in mind. Though I've never met him, I've heard voices like his my whole life causing me to wonder if I was supposed to hear something I otherwise had missed.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I don't know anything about any of these people, youtubers or accusations or money raised or any charities.

But I do know about transphobes and how vicious they are. Shannon I'm sorry you have to endure that crap.

I have trans friends and acquaintances. We don't talk about being trans a lot; it's just not something I bring up unless they want to talk about that. Mostly it's recipes and pets and complaining about parking at Publix and traffic.

People need to butt out of others' business and just be kind.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

This reminds me of a comment my sister made this spring. She was talking about when she and her wife were at the car dealership looking for a new car. After being with them for a while, the salesman commented (sounding a bit surprised from the sound of it) that my sister and her wife were just like other couples who are car shopping.

My point?

Most people are just like every other person. We have friends, we have partners, we want the best for our families, we want to go through life not being hassled, etc. Sexuality may be a part of a person, but it is NOT who they are. Even the kinkiest sadomasochist (ok, bad example) goes grocery shopping and vacuums the living room carpet.

For the Christians out there, Jesus said "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and "Love your neighbor as yourself." These Christian commands are not easy for anyone to do consistently.

Gay people are your friends, neighbors, and relatives. Trans folks are your friends, neighbors, and relatives. Etc. Treat them like you would every other friend, neighbor, and relative. Respect their pronouns, respect them as fellow humans. If they turn out to be assholes - which any one of us can be - THEN you can criticize them for their actions. You don't get to criticize folks for being who God made them.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

MN has a motion on the floor. All in favor aye.

Aye
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

There's an intense amount of grift involved in the "influencer" realm of the internet.

There's an equal amount of stupidity on the reich side of the culture wars.

When one of those teams can latch on to the other the vitriol, not-thinking and lying is staggering.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

The "influencer" label is an auto turnoff for me. Who wants to be influenced?? I don't follow any of them.
I leave that to Luke. :P
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Thanks everyone.

I admit I was startled to see bigotry and right wing talking points about people like me on this board. Particularly from someone that, pre-transition, I had relatively positive interactions with.

The support I got from everyone else is appreciated. :bighug:
(she/her)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: grumpy ol' geezer

Post by Foggy »

Aye to MN-Skeptic, and aye to shannon.
I'm Foggy and I forget if I approved this message.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This is a more general video on the MR Beast situation. Though he mentions the other situation its clear that he focuses on Mr Beast himself, and the incident he mentions is someone moving in with Kris Tyson, then moving out after 2 months while being assured that his job at the Mr Beast Channel was save, and then being told they were replaceing him. Mr Beast said he was launching an "independent investigation." And did nothing. (Also the irony is the Little he talked about was a Trans person screwing over another trans person, make of that what you will. But again the Focus is Mr Beast himself doing nothing about it.)

He references this other video that goes into a great deal of detail on Mr Beasts deceptive and exploitative practices. This video is a Must watch, honestly. He gives examples of Mr Beast being manipulative and exploitative, shows clips and explains what Mr Beast is doing in real time. Its very credible.

Essentially the summary is that when Mr Beast is shown giving money away to someone in the street that is a subscriber and giving the person money for being a subscriber, that person is always a friend or relative or relative of someone working for him. The viewer is constantly told that they could get money just for being a supbscriber and member of the channel... but there is no chance in reality. Mr Beast is shown putting stuff into packages of people ordering Tee shirts and talking about how much this was costing him... but at $40 a Tee Shirt there was no way he was losing money doing that. He said that when Mr Beast does Phalantrophy it's always for attention. All the games shown on the show were rigged, scrpted and, again, the people involved were not random people but Staff members and their friends and relatives.

Moving back to the first video. When he gave a Million Dollars to someone who won a game on one of his early shows, he turned around and said the guy had to spend all the money in a day or lose whatever was left over. So the guy was rushed into a whole load of financial decisions (including buying a house) without bieng given any chance to think could he afford the upkeep and so on. And he went into the guys life as a poor black guy living with his wife in a one room apartment and stood there talking about how glad he was he was helping the guy out. The Black guy is shown talking about how he went into a room with a real estate guy Nr Beast brought in and was given an hour to choose a house with this guy. Again, no real chance to think about it.

The first video goes on to talk about how Mr Beast is terrible to work for. This art I think is pretty weak sauce, honestly. A lot of it is people not realising that running a buisiness means some people don't get their way.

What I found horrifying is the last part which is about what happens to people who are not MR Beast friends and family in his games. He is currently doing a "Squid Games" thing for Amazon Prime, called "the Beast Games." When people came on they were told to bring their medications and leave them with the Organisers. Some contestants were suspicious and smuggled in their meds and it was a good thing too as they stopped giving people their meds, stopped Giving food and water to get them nice and hungry and then gave out a small amount and filmed people fighting over food. There is allegations that women were derived of mensuration pads and other hygiene products ERs with are getting loaded with people who have collapsed at the Beast games contest. One woman was shown talking, saying she was homeless and The beast crew didn't care. When people were shown being handed money it was actually fake money they were given, they were expected to cheer, and then the fake money was taken off them and they were told that they would be getting their money in a few months time.

In general its contestants being treated badly and in unhygienic conditions. There are other videos alleging people getting broken bones etc but lets leave that to one side. It sounds like a badly run show run on a shoestring and an incompetent management that does not care, so far.

The video concludes by Pointing out that Beast got famous in the first place by being a shitty edgelord saying things for controversy. He was never a nice guy, and cleaned up his image once he started making money and marketing stuff. The philanthropy he does is simply for attention, and when you look behind the scenes it is never as good as he makes out.

So, ya, Mr Beast seems to be not a nice guy.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

For folks who were asking about Mr. Beast's philanthophy, he's done some amazing things. Gave people their eyesight back. Rescued 100 dogs from being killed. Last month, Mr. Beast built 100 homes and gave them away.

Here's his Philanthropy channel: "100% of the profits from my ad revenue, merch sales, and sponsorships will go towards making the world a better place!"

https://www.youtube.com/@BeastPhilanthropy

100 Kids Smile For The First Time
Beast Philanthropy 25.8M subscribers
32,517,079 views Feb 25, 2024

Operation Smile has given over 400,000 children a smile over the past 40 years. We are so grateful to support their cause. Please show them lots of love and click the DONATE button or visit their website to help them continue this incredible work.

Thank you to the amazing people in Puebla, Mexico for opening your city to us and being such great hosts. Thank you to the more than 100 doctors, nurses, and medical volunteers for the exceptional gift you give these children. Thank you Operation Smile for incredible work you do changing so many lives. And finally, thank you to everyone watching this video. You literally pay for this work just by watching the channel. 100% of any revenue earned by Beast Philanthropy is used to help around the world. YOU are the most important piece of Beast Philanthropy.

In this one, children have light at night for the very first time (!) and clean drinking water for the first time ever.

Help Dora Replenish Her Emergency Reserve
Lets help Dora and the kids
Last year a storm destroyed several of the dormitories and everything inside them. Dora had to use all her reserves to rebuild and refurnish the children's homes. Lets make sure she has what she needs to continue to provide a safe and comfortable environment for these children. 100% of your donation will go to Dora.
To construct and operate food pantries in underserved communities throughout the United States. To utilize social media platforms to reach wide audiences to raise awareness and funds; to partner with other charitable organizations to alleviate homelessness, hunger, and unemployment.

We Rebuilt a Village
Fundraiser Beast Philanthropy
25.8M subscribers

16,437,199 views Jul 7, 2024 #sponsored
Lectric stepped up for these kids again. This company has proven their commitment to building a brighter future time and time again. Please show them how much you appreciate their incredible support (https://lectricebikes.com). #sponsored

Dora is an exceptional person who has sacrificed so much to give these kids a safe and stable environment. She never rests and is already building 3 more schools. Please follow her on TikTok and Instagram and give her the support and encouragement she deserves.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Luke,

I would like an accounting. How much goes out to charity and how much he stuffs in his pockets.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

neonzx wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 10:56 pm Luke,

I would like an accounting. How much goes out to charity and how much he stuffs in his pockets.
5% vs 95% as far as I can tell.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Here's his contact info, please find out and let us know: contact@mrbeastbusiness.com.

More contact info (lots of ways through various divisions and his other email addresses, including management):

https://mrbeastburger.io/connecting-wit ... tube-star/

Beast Contact.JPG
Beast Contact.JPG (137.3 KiB) Viewed 972 times

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”