The dregs of birther remainders.

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Gonna have to get the band together again.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:13 pm Gonna have to get the band together again.
:thumbsup:
That's why I kept my blog.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Looks like I'll be hitting 25 years of anti-birthering this November in stride.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

We should use AI to auto-generate replies to birfers. They'll be using the same stupid arguments with the same failed ideas. We could post a list of AI-generated replies that folks can just paste and post to shoot their idiocy down with much less effort than last time. :lol:

Quick example: :P
Rebut that Kamala Harris is not a natural born citizen because her parents were not born in the USA. Debunk current birther claims against VP Harris. Use legal cases, scholarly article references and experts.
► Show Spoiler
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

Luke wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 1:02 am We should use AI to auto-generate replies to birfers.
Because it is relatively easy to goad chatbots, birthers on the bird site are posting screenshots of their chats that "prove" Harris is ineligible. :brickwallsmall:

(Side note: Idiotocracy was a documentary.)

To their credit, the author and the site updated this article. It now reads:
According to the Constitution, there are just three basic qualifications for being president:

2. Citizenship: The person must be a “natural born citizen,” meaning they were either born on American soil or born abroad to American parents. The president cannot become an American citizen through the naturalization process.
That's still not quite correct (see, e.g., Cruz), but it is fixed concerning at least Harris.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Ob. P&E: Kamala Harris is not Eligible to be President:
Tom Arnold wrote:Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the U.S. Constitution requires, among other things, that the president of the United States must be a natural born (American) Citizen.
:yawn:

Ob. P&E: Kamala Harris Got Away With It As VP – She Should Not Be Allowed to Get Away With It As The Commander In Chief – Trump Should Challenge Her Constitutional Eligibility:
Kerchner wrote: Trump will have the legal standing in federal courts to do so if she is nominated for that office by the DNC. And Trump should do so to force SCOTUS to take up the issue of the “natural born Citizen” term as it applies to whom can constitutionally serve as the President and Commander in Chief (and VP per the 12th Amendment) and resolve it. The courts evaded the issue using “lack of standing by the plaintiffs” for Obama and then also for Harris for VP. They should not do that again.
:yawn:

All that's missing for the hat trick is "DeMaio"'s rambling (with Laity's camping in the comments for the assist). :towel:
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Ingrassia deserves some recognition for making BLT twice:

:towel:
Image ImageImage
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Are we gonna see a birther renaissance.... :confuzzled:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
bob

Post by bob »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:13 pm Are we gonna see a birther renaissance.... :confuzzled:
"gonna"?

Already happening.

The Republican nominee says he'll end birthright citizenship (something he didn't do when he was the president). So these attacks on Harris' eligibility are dog-whistles for those who wanted it ended.
Image ImageImage
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:20 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 4:13 pm Are we gonna see a birther renaissance.... :confuzzled:
"gonna"?

Already happening.

The Republican nominee says he'll end birthright citizenship (something he didn't do when he was the president). So these attacks on Harris' eligibility are dog-whistles for those who wanted it ended.
Yup I keep running into people all over twitter making the claim. Arguing with some guy who keeps using an appeal from authority because he was a border patrol agent. He clearly hasn't read US V Wong Kim Ark and keeps misapplying birth tourism and anchor baby to Kamala. Another guy asked for cases that say people born here are a natural born citizen. When showed multiple Obama cases he moved the goalpost because one of the cases I think it was Farrar who mentioned Obama's mother was born here. nevermind the next part that agreed with Indiana and said he was a natural born citizen based on his birth in hawaii. He then has moved on to using eastman's failed argument.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:20 pm Yeah, look for a resurrection of the birther movement. :evil:
Honestly, that was one of my first thoughts too. Not to mention the whole "14th/19th Amendment Citizen" and "sacred sperm of citizenship" vomit frittata.

Honestly, the birtherstani should be giddy at the idea of President Kamala Harris. They could dust off their tired debunked theories and start grifting again like the old days.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
(she/her)
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:13 pm Gonna have to get the band together again.
*Chuckle*. I'll be happy to throw in my three cents, but I think my spouse would skin me alive if I went back to political blogging....
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
(she/her)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

-
Mike is on it. :dance:
-

Mike Dunford
@questauthority

I'm going to try and do a stream tomorrow (likely start time 9 pm Eastern) to explain why this guy doesn't know what he's talking about. (And go over the other predictable birther arguments, and explain why they are nonsense.)
Mike includes this tweet -

https://x.com/PaulIngrassia/status/1815124668564615337

Paul Ingrassia
@PaulIngrassia

According to constitutional scholar @DrJohnEastman of the @ClaremontInst (an opinion I share alongside many other legal professionals), Kamala Harris is ineligible to serve as President under the 12th Amendment.

Thus, Kamala must step aside for another candidate who is actually a natural born citizen.

Read Eastman’s great legal analysis here: https://www.newsweek.com/some-questions ... on-1524483
Edited to add - Eastman's article in Newsweek was published Aug 2020. Newsweek later prefaced it was an apology starting with: "Editor's note, 8/14: This op-ed is being used by some as a tool to perpetuate racism and xenophobia. We apologize. The essay, by John Eastman, was intended to explore a minority legal argument about the definition of who is a "natural-born citizen" in the United States. But to many readers, the essay inevitably conveyed the ugly message that Senator Kamala Harris, a woman of color and the child of immigrants, was somehow not truly American."

It's worth looking at just for the entire apology.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Excellent start. Mike will be on Nicolle Wallace's show before you know it.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:26 pm Excellent start. Mike will be on Nicolle Wallace's show before you know it.
Maybe he can get a show of his own. This election season has given us a lot of talking heads I wouldn't mind seeing depart the airwaves (NADT).
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Nevermind me parking this here:

Neal v. Harris (S.D. Ohio, Nov. 13, 2020), Case No. 20-840:
S.D. Ohio, fn. 4 wrote:The Court further notes that, even if Petitioner satisfied the requirements for standing (he does not), and the requirements for a writ (a question the Court does not, and need not, reach), his constitutional argument would fail, as he concedes that Respondent Harris was born in Oakland, California. See United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649, 702 (1898); accord Tisdale v. Obama, No. 3:12-CV-00036-JAG, 2012 WL 7856823, at *1 (E.D. Va. Jan. 23, 2012), aff'd, 473 F. App'x 203 (4th Cir. 2012) ("It is well settled that those born in the United States are considered natural born citizens."); Ankeny v. Governor of Indiana, 916 N.E.2d 678 (Ind. Ct. App. 2009) (explaining that the crux of the plaintiffs' argument is that there is a distinction between a "citizen of the United States," as provided in the Fourteenth Amendment, and a "natural born Citizen," as required for qualification to be President under Article II, and, to the plaintiffs, "the difference involves having [two] parents of U.S. citizenship, owing no foreign allegiance," and holding that, "[based] upon the language of Article II, Section 1, Clause [5] and the guidance provided by Wong Kim Ark, we conclude that persons born within the borders of the United States are 'natural born Citizens' for Article II, Section 1 purposes, regardless of the citizenship of their parents.").
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

:faint:
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

IMG_3694.jpeg
IMG_3694.jpeg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 610 times
ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

First time I've seen a reference to holmes v united states?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:21 am
Oakland is in Puerto Rico?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

What would be the point of having a VP who could not become president? :roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:51 am Oakland is in Puerto Rico?
Keep up! :biggrin: By birther :rolleye: :shit: logic it's in Kampala, Kenya which is an Indonesian colony using Australian birth certificates which convert British citizenship and automatic conversion to the Islamic faith.

He, Lucas Smith, could explain.

Oh gosh, it's just like Ye Olde Birffinge Times! :biggrin:
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 6:51 am
bob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:21 am
Oakland is in Puerto Rico?
To be "generous," Puerto Rico is somewhat "near" Jamaica.
Image ImageImage
cjroberts
Verified:

Post by cjroberts »

I'm going to need to be grifted some Sorosbucks to get back in the fray

Go Land Crabs!
realist

Post by realist »

cjroberts wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:24 pm I'm going to need to be grifted some Sorosbucks to get back in the fray

:rotflmao:
Image X 4
Image X 32

Return to “Other weirdos”