POLL: Who WILL Kamala Harris Choose as Her VP? Tim Walz!

Who should Kamala Harris choose as her VP if President Biden steps down?

Josh Shapiro - PA Gov
31%
Pete Buttigieg - DOT Secretary
17%
Andy Beshear - KY Gov
6%
Roy Cooper - NC Gov
8%
Mark Kelly - AZ Sen
17%
Jared Polis - CO Gov
No votes
JB Pritzker - IL Gov
8%
Gavin Newsom & Gretchen Whitmer - Passed
2%
Other
11%
Only Ridin' With Biden - No Change
No votes

Total votes: 64

Dr. Ken

POLL: Who Should Kamala Harris Choose as Her VP Now That President Biden Declined The Nomination? (If Nominee)

Post by Dr. Ken »

The ego on this asshole
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

POLL: Who Should Kamala Harris Choose as Her VP Now That President Biden Declined The Nomination? (If Nominee)

Post by p0rtia »

Good luck with that, Manchin. I'm sure alllll the delegates will treat you exactly as you deserve.

Asshat.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

That asshole will get booed off the stage if he shows up at the DNC.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The re-registering should be a clue as to how he needs to get a clue. Dumb ass.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 8:05 pm The re-registering should be a clue as to how he needs to get a clue. Dumb ass.
:yeahthat:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I mean, I'd love to be in the room with Madame Vice-President right now just to say "Wanna make some heads essplode? Let it float out there that Michelle Obama is in the mix for your running mate choices."

ETA: So far as I know, the former First Lady can trace her ancestry back to the 1850s in this country, so clearly, even if the Birthers come for her, she's NBC by every standard they will allow themselves to raise in public without dropping the dog-whistle and coming out and saying what they really mean. So it'd be worth it just for that.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I wouldn't put it past them to say her birthright is that she was descended from slaves and so she cannot be an American. Because slaves were not people at the time.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:31 pm I wouldn't put it past them to say her birthright is that she was descended from slaves and so she cannot be an American. Because slaves were not people at the time.
Didn't the Fourtheenth Amendment address that specifically?

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Yes. Project 2025 wants to repeal the 14th Amendment.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, to be fair they want to repeal all amendments after the 10th AFAIK. Basically the John Birch society agenda.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suranis wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:28 am Well, to be fair they want to repeal all amendments after the 10th AFAIK. Basically the John Birch society agenda.
They're not real happy with the first amendment either. Freedom of religion? Freedom of the press? They're not big fans of those concepts.
Tim Walz’ Golden Rule: Mind your own damn business!
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:51 am
Suranis wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:28 am Well, to be fair they want to repeal all amendments after the 10th AFAIK. Basically the John Birch society agenda.
They're not real happy with the first amendment either. Freedom of religion? Freedom of the press? They're not big fans of those concepts.
Let's not leave out the Third. I think they'd be okay with quartering soldiers in my home.

sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Mayor Pete is a great speaker, almost to the point of being glib. (The Bob Newhart [RIP] of politics.) But he does nothing to bring along one or more swing states. Indiana? Nope.

The best VP choice at this point is the Governor who managed the Miracle of I-95. I give you Josh Shapiro. Pennsylvanians love him. And it should help VP Harris in the rest of the Rust Belt.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

sterngard friegen wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:22 am Mayor Pete is a great speaker, almost to the point of being glib. (The Bob Newhart [RIP] of politics.) But he does nothing to bring along one or more swing states. Indiana? Nope.

The best VP choice at this point is the Governor who managed the Miracle of I-95. I give you Josh Shapiro. Pennsylvanians love him. And it should help VP Harris in the rest of the Rust Belt.
Question is can they convince him? He's already said that he wants to finish out his term as Governor and do good by the people of PA. He'll need to be convinced to do what's best for the country.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

sterngard friegen wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:22 am Mayor Pete is a great speaker, almost to the point of being glib. (The Bob Newhart [RIP] of politics.) But he does nothing to bring along one or more swing states. Indiana? Nope.

I see your point and agree that Buttigieg doesn't bring the thing that is actually really crucial which is one of the swing states. Indiana is not in play for Democrats. We are behind in every single swing state that we won in 2020, so Harris does have a lot of making up to do in that area.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
💫 Brilliant follow-up from @TimAlberta: "This Is Exactly What the Trump Team Feared. A campaign optimized to beat Joe Biden must now be reinvented." They're worried about Democrats unifying & JOSH SHAPIRO or MARK KELLY as VP, putting those states in play.

https://theatlantic.com/politics/archiv ... ut/679183/

Quote Tim Alberta @TimAlberta 11h
Most striking thing I heard from Trump allies yesterday was the second-guessing of JD Vance—a selection, they acknowledged, that was borne of cockiness, meant to run up margins with the base in a blowout rather than persuade swing voters in a nail-biter.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

I iz a disapoint that Gretchen Whitmer has passed, I think she could have brought Michigan into the Dem column....

But who ever is her choice it needs to be made at light speed as far as I concerned, we are 3 months out, and the VP pick needs to be stumping as soon as humanly possible...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:47 pm I iz a disapoint that Gretchen Whitmer has passed, I think she could have brought Michigan into the Dem column....
You are asking for too much. A ticket with two women NOW? The ticket needs some balance. Imma with Sterngard on PA Gov Shapiro.

Harris has Michigan.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:47 pm But who ever is her choice it needs to be made at light speed as far as I concerned, we are 3 months out, and the VP pick needs to be stumping as soon as humanly possible...
Agreed, but it hasn't been 48 hours yet. I'm willing to give her the whole morning. :lol:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:28 am
Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:47 pm But who ever is her choice it needs to be made at light speed as far as I concerned, we are 3 months out, and the VP pick needs to be stumping as soon as humanly possible...
Agreed, but it hasn't been 48 hours yet. I'm willing to give her the whole morning. :lol:
You iz so soft, man.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:47 pm I iz a disapoint that Gretchen Whitmer has passed, I think she could have brought Michigan into the Dem column....

But who ever is her choice it needs to be made at light speed as far as I concerned, we are 3 months out, and the VP pick needs to be stumping as soon as humanly possible...
I agree that the decision needs to be made quickly, but the VP choice announcement is made at the convention.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Great choices, and smart to make an announcement about it.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin

Return to “US President”