Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race?

Yes
18%
No
80%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 65

Dr. Ken

Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by Dr. Ken »

The press is so stuck on this narrative. Every question at the press conference so far is about him dropping out
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

True, Dr. Ken -- but the electeds are giving them cover by continuing to discuss it publicly instead of internally. I thought Leader Jeffries answered the questions very well today in his press conference.
ETA after debate: This is the kind of snark that even dead-end losers like Bill Mitchell are pumping...

Bill Mitchell BIden.JPG
Bill Mitchell BIden.JPG (38.81 KiB) Viewed 589 times

I didn't think it was controversial to say that Republicans are rooting for President Biden to stay in the race. Re the question: "Would you be satisfied or dissatisfied with Harris as the Democratic nominee?" The Toplines are just that... the top overview of data. To see the details, you need to look at the Crosstabs. The gift link I provided to the WaPo story had that Crosstab PDF. So while the Topline has the highlights --

Topline 31.JPG
Topline 31.JPG (81.13 KiB) Viewed 608 times

The Crosstabs specify more detail, including party affiliation. I didn't think to include the link since the graphic was in the WaPo story, but that's my fault and I probably should have.

Crosstab 31.JPG
Crosstab 31.JPG (240.56 KiB) Viewed 608 times

Here's the full Crosstab PDF (converted from Excel spreadsheet)

or visit https://(removespace)docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oLv3PqktVHZ1bKWZJzGct7ADi9qTqJZWpNALJsD_ZiA/edit?gid=0#gid=0
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Far stronger performance. President Biden's knowledge and factual wisdom came through. Very positive post-press conference commentary:

Sabato PC.JPG
Sabato PC.JPG (46.31 KiB) Viewed 585 times
Post PC Reaction.JPG
Post PC Reaction.JPG (149.64 KiB) Viewed 585 times

Harry Sisson and the DemoBoys are all in. I love their energy.

CNN is reporting that President Obama and Nancy Pelosi have huddled about getting past this. They pointed out Nancy voluntarily turned over the gavel to a younger generation and the world is still on it's axis.

Adam Kinsinger said on CNN's air (paraphrasing) that this is a healthy democratic debate by a healthy party (for now, not until November) unlike the MAGA cult where anyone who doesn't follow the Fuehrer is excommunicated so there's nobody left in the GOP to have a healthy conversation.

Rep. Steve Cohen gave a great interview comparing how knowledgable President Biden is, familiar with the issues, and knowledgable about the leaders and decisions. Meanwhile, the impeached retiree felon is riding around on his golfcart fawning over strongmen like Orban. ZING! If I find the interview I'll post it, it's great to hear the president getting the credit he deserves.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Watching him on Lawrence O'Donnell right now. His command of issues and foreign policy is amazing.
Luke

Post by Luke »

💙 Thinking exactly the same, Suzie, Had just finished replying to Adam:

Adam Parkhomenko @AdamParkhomenko 1h
The constant piling on of Biden day after day is not having the intended effect many hoped for. He stood there and talked about policy details in ways Trump never has in his entire life at any age.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
You're right, Adam. Listening to President Biden again on @TheLastWord. Glad @Lawrence is doing this. His answers on China, Ukraine, Israel/Gaza are detailed & knowledgeable. His Sanger answer was outstanding. The impeached felon never made any effort to learn civics or policy.
10:30 PM · Jul 11, 2024

Latvians know how fu*king dangerous and evil Putin is. The USSR destroyed the environment in the Baltics; I was a co-producer of an event in Latvia and the Baltics in 1989 called "Concerts for the Earth". On the Baltic states' coastline, we held hands and prayed for environmental peace. I was 24 and it was life-changing.

Silvija V. stands w/Ukraine 🇺🇸 🇱🇻 🌻@SVecrumba 1h
Precisely. Joe Biden knows more about foreign policy than any other politician; Trump understands nothing of geopolitical reasoning in foreign policy.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
That is so true. I'm proud to be an honorary Latvian --my 1st trip to the Baltics was "Journey to Jurmala" in 1986 with the USIA, Eisenhower Institute & Chautauqua. It's shameful how Trump & MAGA have no clue of history & the danger Putin represents. 🇱🇻

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

The constant piling on is not working. Nyah, Nyah, Nyah, fuck you New York Times. Your determination to get Biden's scalp is failing and you are bleeding subscribers like a flood of biblical proportions.

I also have to say that Lawrence O'Donnell is the only media person that I can fucking stand at the moment.
much ado

Post by much ado »

The story that refuses to die...

The Hill - Pelosi moving behind the scenes to get Biden to reconsider presidential run
Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is working furiously behind the scenes to put pressure on President Biden to reconsider his place at the top of the 2024 ticket, according to a number of Democratic lawmakers familiar with her efforts.

The Speaker emerita is talking to a broad swath of House Democrats — from front-liners in tough districts to hardened veterans with institutional clout — to pump the brakes on the notion that Biden should definitively be the party’s nominee heading into November, these lawmakers said.
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

The Hill is a bullshit meter.
much ado

Post by much ado »

Who pays them to do that?
Luke

Post by Luke »

Saw this live, glad they put this online.
'I think he should stay in': Swing state voters on CNN change position after Biden presser
David McAfee

Some members of a panel of Democratic and independent voters on CNN changed their position on whether president Joe Biden should stay in the presidential race after the president's press conference Thursday, saying he assuaged their concerns.

A panel of seven women in Michigan was interviewed just after Biden's press conference, which included a "very telling" component, saying they still support the president over Trump. Two of them initially said that they were unsure if Biden should stay in the race, but after the speech, they changed their tune.

CNN's Anderson Cooper turned the spotlight on CNN national correspondent Gary Tuchman, who watched Biden's press conference with the group of women in the key swing state. Five out of the seven women said it was better than they expected it to be, while two said it was they same as they expected.

The two individuals who weren't sure if Biden should stay in changed their mind, with one saying she is "relieved" while another said he is "the logical choice" for Democrats.
https://www.rawstory.com/cnn-panel-swin ... n-presser/

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:think:
Democrats urge Biden to drop out of race after Nato gaffes

12 July 2024 • 4:24am

Senior Democrats have called on Joe Biden to drop out of the presidential race after he called Kamala Harris “vice president Trump” at a Nato summit.

The US President made the blunder in a “make or break” press conference as he attempted to “allay” Democrats’ fears about his re-election bid. An hour earlier, he introduced Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian leader, as “President Putin”.

Jim Himes, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, called on Mr Biden to make way for a “younger successor” just moments after he finished speaking.

The US President needs to protect his “legacy” and is not the “strongest candidate” to take on Donald Trump in November’s election, he said, urging him to “put our nation first”.

He was quickly followed by Scott Peters, a California congressman, who said in a statement: “The stakes are high, and we are on a losing course.”

Eric Sorensen, of Illinois, urged the 81-year-old president to give up the Democratic nomination to a “leader who will stand up to the present threats against democracy”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... war-china/
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

A view from across the pond, fromThe Guardian's political sketch writer, who is definitely not a Trump supporter, who would definitely prefer a Democrat president: You could sense the embarrassment as Biden spoke, a sign of how low the presidency has sunk

As I said above, to me it seems negligent that the Dems didn't quietly lay the ground for a younger successor to Biden a year or two ago. Ageing can hit quickly and brutally. But I (and the writer of the piece above) are onlookers.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:39 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:26 pm The day before the election would be the best time for wish fullfillment :whistle:
Let's start a prayer chain! (isn't that how that works?)
No, because 1) dead people tend to become heroes in hindsight (JFK) and 2) his VP pick - who we don't even know - could become ... I can't even say it. We need to give Republicans time to see if they can regain their sanity.

Let him stroke out immediately, at his very next rally. Then next week in Milwaukee is gonna be lit. (It is anyway.)
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Luke wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:54 pm The Crosstabs specify more detail, including party affiliation. I didn't think to include the link since the graphic was in the WaPo story, but that's my fault and I probably should have.
FYI, I couldn't read the WAPO story as they demanded money to see it.

Seeing the breakdown does not really change my mind much though. You could interpret that a million different ways that don't include feelings about Biden, including "THEM DURN BLACKS!!" That's the danger of taking one question about one person and inferring that it means the answer is about another question, which is what WAPO did, imo. Being "dissatisfied" about Harris taking over is not the same as wanting Biden to stay in the race and inferring that the reason is because they think they can beat him. That's a subtle bit of lying.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

The media tried to get rid of Joe. It didn't work.

Half the Democrats tried to get rid of him. That didn't work either.

Maybe it's time to go after Trump instead. We're going to see a shitshow next week.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:14 am The media tried to get rid of Joe. It didn't work.

Maybe it's time to go after Trump instead. We're going to see a shitshow next week.
Imagine if the energy spent on attacking your candidate were spent on pointing out the other candidate is not only vile, but has been showing signs of cognitive decline even during his term.

No, I can’t imagine it either.
Luke

Post by Luke »

One beneficial aspect of primary elections is that they help sharpen a candidate's skills and campaign strategies. This year, President Biden didn't really face a significant primary challenge. However, following the recent debate—a setting that often poses challenges for incumbents—I believe President Biden upped his game and demonstrated his expertise and deep understanding of the issues last night. In contrast to the MAGA faction, which has ostracized anyone who dares to dissent from the views of their impeached felon leader, Democrats have been engaging in healthy debate about their concerns and ideas. This is a positive sign, and it's why I've tried to present both sides of the debate since starting this topic.

I'm relieved by last night's performance and cautiously optimistic that we're back on track. While it's frustrating that every public appearance by Biden will be scrutinized (especially by MAGA, as noted in Tim Alberta's article mentioned earlier), they would direct their hostility toward any of our nominees (KamalaBirther, GayPete, ad nauseam). So, bring it on MAGA; I firmly believe that their impeached felon leader has peaked in support: the broader electorate simply won't vote for him under any circumstances.

Suranis, I posted one of my Free Gift Links to that WaPo-Ipsos-ABC poll article, did it not open for you for free? Please let me know because if it didn't I'll contact WaPo: https://wapo.st/3LqgfDv
Luke

Post by Luke »

New from Leader Jeffries:

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:14 am
Foggy wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:14 am The media tried to get rid of Joe. It didn't work.

Imagine if the energy spent on attacking your candidate were spent on pointing out the other candidate is not only vile, but has been showing signs of cognitive decline even during his term.

No, I can’t imagine it either.
right? I saw a video on the birdsite the other day that was 3 minutes of trump calling people (lots of times in front of them) by a wrong name. Let's run that as an ad. I think we've gotten so used to him saying nonsensical things that it's not news any more. It should be BIG news especially in light of all these same things being said about Joe.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Besides, "Biden's gaffes" have been a thing for 40 odd years. It's one tactic he uses on getting through his stutter; blurting anything out to clear the blockage.

Naturally, if it's not a new thing, its not evidence of recent mental decline. :shrug:
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

FYI -- With Larry, Miles, and Kyle Kondik, we follow each other. Larry's a friend. Of course, polling is just a snapshot and all the usual caveats. but Crystal Ball has been one of the most accurate and they are really doing their best in a nonpartisan way. Worth a weekend read:

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
🗳️ #2024Polling: Big thanks to @JMilesColeman! After catching the great @LarrySabato on TV, I asked, "How might current presidential polling impact House races?" Miles kindly shared this excellent 7/11/24 story from UVA's @Center4Politics Crystal Ball: https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalba ... use-races/

Mrich

Post by Mrich »

Rolodex wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:40 am right? I saw a video on the birdsite the other day that was 3 minutes of trump calling people (lots of times in front of them) by a wrong name. Let's run that as an ad. I think we've gotten so used to him saying nonsensical things that it's not news any more. It should be BIG news especially in light of all these same things being said about Joe.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Biden is kicking ass right now in Michigan! Chants of FOUR MORE YEARS.

Biden said Trump's a convicted criminal and the big crowd begins chanting Lock Him Up. He's reading the E. Jean Carroll decision that said it was RAPE. He's been fined $400M. Even the old line, how to you go bankrupt running a casino? On and on, all true. Gloves are off.

⭐️ Great job, President Biden! Barnburner speech and the crowd kept cheering FOUR MORE YEARS. DC folks need to get out to see real Americans. Joe Biden was fully in command. 🇺🇸 #VOTE #2024Election

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Interesting thought: Its possible that scraping Dunderfarts off the campaign trail could have shot them in the foot. While it let the Press tear into Biden without interuption for a few weeks, it forced the Press to keep showing Biden clips rather than the Turnip clips they normally would play. And so they had no choice but to show Biden doing normal stuff where he looked ok. And actual Biden rally clips where the press would prefer to play Turnip shit.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “US President”