Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Should President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race?

Yes
18%
No
80%
Other (explain)
2%

Total votes: 65

bob

Should (Will?) President Joe Biden Drop Out of the 2024 Presidential Race? Poll & Editorials

Post by bob »

538 (ABC): What the Democrats doubting Biden have in common:
They're more moderate, while his backers are progressive and racially diverse.

And most are white, but one (Rep. Raúl Grijalva) is Hispanic and one (Rep. Mark Takano) is Asian American.

By contrast, pore over the list of the Democrats who stand with Biden. [ ... ] And, perhaps most importantly, they are much more racially diverse: only 38 percent white.
As others have noted, the average "doubter" is an older, rich, white dude ... exactly the person who would suffer the least if the Republican (presumptive) nominee becomes president.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

What most of the Democrats doubting Biden have in common is that they don't exist. :bored:
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

TRUE. The Times is going down the drain and it's tragic.
‘They Make Up News’: Pelosi Slams NY Times for ‘Misrepresentations’ of Her Biden Remarks
Published on July 10, 2024 at 05:07 PM ET By David Badash

Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi served up sharp criticism of The New York Times after the paper of record engaged in “some misrepresentations” of her remarks, she said, in which she almost exclusively had praised President Joe Biden. The California Democrat who became the first woman Speaker and is seen by many as the most successful in modern history, in an MSNBC interview Wednesday morning declared President Biden was “absolutely spectacular” when he delivered his speech at the NATO summit on Tuesday, noting he received ovations “over and over again…for what he had to say and the force with which he said it.” She called it “a beautifully received energetic presentation by the President.”

“Politics is politics,” Pelosi continued, saying, “we are the Democratic Party, a party that is, shall we say, not lockstep.” “But this president has been a great president. And I can tell you firsthand as a person who orchestrated many of the pieces of legislation that the President takes great pride in, and he should, because he was there at the table, chapter and verse, very conversant with a vision of purpose, with the knowledge of the issues with values, underlining at all. And again, always asking the question, what does this mean to working families in our country, so any thought that he wasn’t able to deliver on all of those is, I can just say, just didn’t happen.”

Asked point-blank, “Does he have your support to be the head of the Democratic ticket?” Pelosi replied: “It’s up to the President to decide if he is going to run. We’re all encouraging him to to make that decision. Because time is running short. The, I think, overwhelming support of the caucus – it’s not for me to say, I’m not the head of the caucus anymore – but he’s beloved. He is respected, and people want him to make that decision, he has to make.”

Told President Biden “has said firmly this week he is going to run,” she was asked, “Do you want him to run?” “I want him to do whatever he decides to do. And that’s, that’s the way it is, whatever he decides we go with, I think it’s really important and I would hope everyone would join in to let him deal with this NATO conference. This is a very big deal, 30 heads of – over 30 heads of state are here. He is the host of it. That means not just hosting, it means orchestrating the discussion and setting the agenda and he’s doing so magnificently. And I’ve said to everyone, let’s, let’s just hold off, whatever you’re thinking. Either tell somebody privately, but you don’t have to put that out on the table until we see how we go this week.” She went on to say, “I’m very proud of the president.”

But The New York Times ran this headline: “Pelosi Suggests That Biden Could Reconsider Decision to Stay in the Race.”

Nancy Pelosi said, “I want [Biden] to do whatever he decides to do, and that’s — that’s the way it is. Whatever he decides, we go with.”
But THIS is the headline the NYTs is selling: pic.twitter.com/PJDVwtfFrM
— Amee Vanderpool (@girlsreallyrule) July 10, 2024

In its report, which it, once again, updated without informing readers of how or why, The Times, contrary to the transcript above, spun its own reporting: “Her comments amounted to a bombshell among Democrats who are puzzling over Mr. Biden’s future, but the former speaker quickly moved to walk back any suggestion that she was suggesting he should exit the race.”

The Times added a statement from Speaker Emerita Pelosi: “’The president is great, and there are some misrepresentations of what I have said,’ she said in a statement to The New York Times. ‘I never said he should reconsider his decision. The decision is the president’s. I don’t know what’s happened to The New York Times that they make up news. It isn’t true.'” It went on to call Pelosi “one of the most seasoned and cutthroat politicians in the House.”
https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.c ... n-remarks/

RELATED: ‘Wildly Irresponsible’: NY Times Blasted Over Debunked Parkinson’s Doctor ‘Innuendo’
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Tim Alberta, a reporter I respect, has a long piece in The Atlantic about how Trump's team engineered much of this chaos. This is just the beginning of Tim's story.

TRUMP IS PLANNING FOR A LANDSLIDE WIN
And his campaign is all but praying Joe Biden doesn’t drop out.
By Tim Alberta JULY 10, 2024, 4:08 PM ET

The outcome of the presidential campaign, Republicans believed, was a fait accompli. “Donald Trump was well on his way to a 320-electoral-vote win,” Chris LaCivita told me this past Sunday as Democrats questioned, ever more frantically, whether President Joe Biden should remain the party’s nominee in November. “That’s pre-debate.” LaCivita paused to repeat himself: “Pre-debate.” This could be interpreted as trash talk coming from a cocky campaign: If you thought Biden was in trouble before he bombed at the June 27 debate, imagine the trouble he’s in now. But I heard something different in LaCivita’s voice.

One of the two principals tasked with returning Trump to the White House, LaCivita had long conceived of the 2024 race as a contest that would be “extraordinarily visual”—namely, a contrast of strength versus weakness. Trump, whatever his countless liabilities as a candidate, would be cast as the dauntless and forceful alpha, while Biden would be painted as the pitiable old heel, less a bad guy than the butt of a very bad joke, America’s lovable but lethargic uncle who needed, at long last, to be put to bed.

As the likelihood of a Trump-versus-Biden rematch set in, the public responded to the two candidates precisely as LaCivita and his campaign co-manager, Susie Wiles, had hoped. The percentage of voters who felt that Biden, at 81, was too old for another term rose throughout 2023, even as the electorate’s concerns about Trump’s age, 78, remained relatively static. By the end of the primaries, the public’s attitude toward the two nominees had begun to harden: One was a liar, a scoundrel, and a crook—but the other one, the old one, was unfit to be president.

In the months that followed, Trump and his campaign would seize on Biden’s every stumble, his every blank stare to reinforce that observation, seeking to portray the incumbent as “stuttering, stammering, walking around, feeling his way like a blind man,” as LaCivita put it to me. That was the plan. And it worked. Watching Biden’s slide in the polls, and sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars for an advertising blitz that would punctuate the president’s visible decrepitude, Trump’s team entered the summer believing that a landslide awaited in the fall.

Only one thing could disrupt that plan: a change of candidates atop the Democratic ticket.

There was always a certain danger inherent to this assault on Biden’s faculties. If Wiles and LaCivita were too successful—if too many Democrats decided, too quickly, that Biden was no longer capable of defeating Trump, much less serving another four years thereafter—then they risked losing an ideal opponent against whom their every tactical maneuver had already been deliberated, poll-tested, and prepared. Campaigns are usually on guard against peaking too soon; in this case, the risk for Trump’s team was Biden bottoming out too early.
Wiles and lacivita are two of America’s most feared political operatives. She is the person most responsible for Florida—not long ago the nation’s premier electoral prize—falling off the battleground map, having spearheaded campaigns that so dramatically improved the Republican Party’s performance among nonwhite voters that Democrats are now surrendering the state. He is the strategist and ad maker best known for destroying John Kerry’s presidential hopes in 2004, masterminding the “Swift Boat” attacks that sank the Democratic nominee. Together, as the architects of Trump’s campaign, they represent a threat unlike anything Democrats encountered during the 2016 or 2020 elections.
Free gift link: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... JEBev1zJXY

"A mad king who shows flashes of reason & a pair of cunning viziers..." @TimAlberta's "TRUMP IS PLANNING FOR A LANDSLIDE WIN. And his campaign is all but praying Joe Biden doesn’t drop out." Chaos by Susie Wiles & Chris LaCivita. What next? Free Gift Link: https://theatlantic.com/politics/archiv ... JEBev1zJXY

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don't know what's going to happen with Biden. I'm fine with him staying in the race, but the effing media cares more about clicks than the country's welfare and will continue to beat that drum as Biden's numbers drop. Which brings me to reiterate, for the umpteenth time, that the only thing that will save this country is trump having a massive stroke or heart attack, preferably followed by the assumption of room temperature.

Sorry, not sorry.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

I agree, and I want it to happen at one of his rallies, or during a televised speech. Otherwise, I'm scared.
"Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge"
Luke

Post by Luke »

12:30pm EDT: Hakeem Jeffries is about to have a press conference.
6:30pm EDT: President Biden's rescheduled news conference (with totally unrealistic expectations setting things up for failure)

I think it's wrong and not fair, but we're getting to a tipping point here. I agree with Slim. But we have to look at the swing Congressional districts both House and Senate. The Democratic Party can't only be about one person. I love President Biden, respect all his historic accomplishments, and still support whatever decision he makes, but it's getting harder to justify potentially losing everything when we all have seen the issues. For anyone who did not watch the debate, it's important to see. It's not just about today or this year... what happens in the next four? I'm alternatively sad af and angry af if staff kept health issues from us. We primary voted without this vital information. We need to be litigating again the impeached felon, instead, it's weeks of this bs. Make it end. :(
Most Democrats want Biden to drop out, but overall race is static, poll finds
More than half of Democrats say Biden should end his candidacy. Overall, 2 in 3 adults say the president should step aside, including more than 7 in 10 independents.
By Dan Balz, Scott Clement and Emily Guskin July 11, 2024 at 6:00 a.m. EDT

Most Democrats nationwide say that President Biden should end his reelection campaign based on his performance in the presidential debate two weeks ago, according to a Washington Post-ABC News-Ipsos poll.

The poll results contradict Biden’s claim that only party elites want him to step aside. He has said that positive interactions with supporters on the campaign trail have helped persuade him to stay in the race after a debate in which he trailed off and occasionally appeared confused. But the poll finds that 56 percent of Democrats say that he should end his candidacy, while 42 percent say he should continue to seek reelection. Overall, 2 in 3 adults say the president should step aside, including more than 7 in 10 independents.

The poll finds Biden and former president Donald Trump in a dead heat in the contest for the popular vote, with both candidates receiving 46 percent support among registered voters. Those numbers are nearly identical to the results of an ABC-Ipsos poll in April.

That finding is at odds with some other recent public polls. Across eight other post-debate national polls tracked by The Post, Trump leads by 3.5 percentage points on average, compared with a one-point Trump edge in those same polls before the debate. Biden led Trump by between nine and 11 points in averages of public polls at this point in the campaign four years ago. He ended up winning by 4.5 points.
Free Gift Link: https://wapo.st/3LqgfDv

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
Replying to @LarrySabato

Larry, when did polls begin becoming Rorschach tests? What does this WaPo-Ipsos-ABC poll even mean? 😕

"Most Democrats want Biden to drop out, but overall race is static, poll finds".
Free Gift Link: https://wapo.st/3LqgfDv

Your Honor, may we have a short recess? 🚀

I DEMAND A RECESS!!

Recess.jpg
Recess.jpg (64.19 KiB) Viewed 474 times
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I like how a “poor” debate performance has been downgraded to “disastrous.”

My impression is the proverbial rank-and-file voters haven’t changed.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Are any of the polls asking people if the debate changed their mind about voting, or are they just asking if people think he should drop out? The two questions are not mutually exclusive.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ok, we had people coming back from talking to their voters in the spring break fining practically no-one wanted Biden to drop out, and now we have the flat dumb flat statement that most democrats want him to drop out.

Bull. Shit. On the level of the Red Wave.

And I don't trust any reporter after Rachel Maddow followed the corporate line that Obama had a terrible debate first debate and he should drop out. Even trusted Reporters would toe the line if the bosses were saying "say this, or you are fired."

And I'm sorry, tipping point my ass. I'm seeing nothing out there with actual people saying he should drop out. Nothing. I saw one single person on facebook saying it, and everyone told him he was crazy. It's just media generated hysteria. (And the same guy was screaming Hillary should drop out for Bernie Sanders back in the day)

If the corporates and people who ran wall to wall Trump Rallys were actually thinking Biden would lose to Trump, they would be all in on keeping him in the race. That is a bald faced fact.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

Don't think anybody would doubt my enthusiasm for the Democratic Party. We must win in November, the stakes are existential. Suranis, I'm grateful for your support of Biden, but please let us all express our opinions. To dismiss it with "Bull. Sh*t", "Tipping point my ass", etc. are your opinions and I respect them. Would you please show me the same courtesy? It's my opinion. That's hard for me to write but it's been going on for a while now.

You're right about people wanting President Biden to stay in the race: 88% of REPUBLICANS. Democrats? Not so much.

WaPo Poll R.JPG
WaPo Poll R.JPG (40.24 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Democrats I've spoken to, and in many results and discussions including with folks in Washington, would be OK with VP Harris at the top of the ticket. Note the "dissatisfied" with the idea includes the 88% of Republicans who'd like to wipe us out.

Dems Harris.JPG
Dems Harris.JPG (219.46 KiB) Viewed 438 times

Here is the full WaPo poll, some questions above are addressed. "This poll was jointly sponsored and funded by The Washington Post, ABC News and Ipsos.The poll includes a random sample of 2,431 U.S. adults. Interviews were conducted in English and Spanish."

Here's a PDF of the Toplines:
WaPo Poll.pdf
(212.64 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/tablet/2 ... psos-poll/
realist

Post by realist »

Democrats seem hell bound on losing this election. And the press is helping them.
Image X 4
Image X 32
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Doing Russsia's work for them.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke

Post by Luke »

Email from Biden Campaign an hour ago, many good and true points:

The Path Ahead
Jen O'Malley Dillon (via JoeBiden.com) <info@contact.joebiden.com>
2:31 PM (1 hour ago) to me
MEMORANDUM TO: Luke
DATE: July 11, 2024
RE: The Path Ahead
ACTION: Make a $25 donation today to support the Biden-Harris reelection campaign and defeat Donald Trump once and for all. (Contribute here)

Jen O’Malley Dillon here, Campaign Chair on Team Biden-Harris. In the wake of last month’s debate, many of you have asked for an update on the path ahead and what we need to do to work together to defeat Donald Trump.

Going into the debate, our campaign was clear-eyed about the five things we needed to do to win this race:

Showing the strength of the President’s record of accomplishment, leadership, and support.
Going on the offense against Trump to draw contrast and show how dangerous another term would be.
Maintaining multiple pathways to 270 electoral votes, with a focus on the Blue Wall states.
Staying laser-focused on our coalition of voters and double-down on our grassroots support.
Driving a vision and ambitious agenda for the future.
Those imperatives remain true. What has changed following the debate is the urgency and discipline with which we need to pursue them. We believe if we follow the roadmap below, we will win.

So, I hope you’ll take a second to read it. And, if you’re ready to donate now to help Joe and Kamala on our Path to Victory you can chip in $25 right now.

DONATE NOW
If you want to learn more about how we are going to win and defeat Donald Trump, please read on below.

Where the Race Stands

While there is no question there is increased anxiety following the debate, we are not seeing this translate into a drastic shift in vote share. In fact, this morning, a new ABC/Ipsos poll showed a tied race with no change since April.

Our internal data and public polling show the same thing: This remains a margin-of-error race in key battleground states.

The movement we have seen, while real, is not a sea-change in the state of the race. While some of this movement was from undecided voters to Trump, much of it was driven by voters who have always been our core persuasion targets. Our post-debate net favorability is 20 percentage points higher than Trump’s among these voters based on internal polling. That said, we believe we have a very real path to consolidating their support.

Most importantly, we maintain multiple pathways to 270 electoral votes. Right now, winning the Blue Wall states -- Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania -- is the clearest pathway to that aim, but we also believe that the sunbelt states are not out of reach. The consensus across internal and public polling is that these states largely remain within the margin-of-error.

In addition to what we believe is a clear pathway ahead for us, there is also no indication that other Democratic candidates would outperform the President against Trump. Hypothetical polling of alternative nominees will always be unreliable, and surveys do not take into account the negative media environment that any Democratic nominee will encounter. The only Democratic candidate for whom this is already baked in is President Biden.

There is a long way to go between now and Election Day with considerable uncertainty, but the data shows we have a clear path to win. As we’ve always said, in today’s fragmented media environment, it will take time for our message to break through with trusted messengers and a strong ground game. That remains the case.

What Comes Next: Shoring Up the Biden-Harris Coalition

Our campaign remains laser-focused on battleground states and prioritizing outreach to the coalition that sent Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to the White House in 2020.

Last Friday, the President rallied over 1,000 fired-up supporters in Madison, Wisconsin. On Sunday, he campaigned across Pennsylvania, speaking at a church in Northwest Philly, stopping by a field office with Senator Fetterman to fire up volunteers, talking with hundreds of supporters, including union members and local Democrats, at an organizing event in Harrisburg, and grabbing coffee at a small business in Harrisburg with Governor Shapiro. And tomorrow, he’ll be in Detroit, Michigan.

The President has also spent the weeks following the debate rallying key constituencies that make up our winning coalition, meeting with Democratic governors and mayors from across the country, talking with key congressional leaders, meeting with labor leaders at the AFL-CIO yesterday, and more.

Next week, as Trump and extreme MAGA Republicans put their toxic extremism front and center at the Republican National Convention, the President will be on the road. On Monday, he will mark the 60th anniversary of the Civil Rights Act in Austin, Texas, followed by a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada for events with the NAACP, UNIDOS, and local leaders.

A Campaign Designed to Win Close Elections

Our campaign has been designed to win a close election from the beginning.

Since last fall, we have been building deep relationships in communities across the battleground states to register, persuade, mobilize, and turn out voters when it matters most. Using both in-person events and activities as well as engaging voters online, we are having conversations with voters to cut through media silos and political narratives.

At the same time, we made early and ongoing investments in a staff presence across the battleground states. We are presently at over 1,200 coordinated staff across key states. They are building an army of tens of thousands of volunteers who will talk to millions of voters. Meanwhile, Donald Trump’s operation relies almost exclusively on name ID and earned media, which presently Democrats are giving him in spades.

Framing the Election as a Choice

People are continuing to vote on the issues they care about -- which are also the very issues we are winning on. Many voters turned on the debate having forgotten how much they dislike Donald Trump. They left the debate with a fresh reminder of how extreme and dangerous a second Trump term would be.

With that in mind, our path centers on reminding voters that this election will be a choice between Joe Biden, who is fighting to move our country forward and make life better for working people, and Donald Trump, who is focused on his own revenge and retribution with no concern for who he hurts.

In our polling, we have seen that when we remind voters what Trump has done and said -- bragging about overturning Roe v. Wade, saying that there has to be some form of punishment for women who have an abortion, proposing cuts to Social Security and Medicare and tax cuts for big corporations -- the voters who moved away from us after the debate came home. And, after hearing messaging about the stakes of the election, we move ahead of Trump in vote choice.

Our team has seized on this unique opportunity by amplifying Trump’s deeply unpopular agenda online and in ads. Project 2025 is now more frequently searched than Taylor Swift and the NFL, and President Biden himself weighed in, warning that Project 2025 “would give Trump limitless power over our daily lives and let him use the presidency to enact ‘revenge’ on his enemies, ban abortion nationwide and punish women who have an abortion, and gut the checks and balances that make America the greatest democracy in the world. It’s extreme and dangerous.”

When we reach our target voters with the President’s positive vision, they respond to it. This is not a simple task in this media environment, but it is a straightforward one. While we will aggressively attack the threat that Trump poses, we will simultaneously paint the picture of the America Joe Biden and Democrats nationwide are fighting for. One where we restore Roe, make billionaires pay their fair share in taxes, lower costs for American families, and protect our fundamental rights and freedoms.

During the 2022 midterms, Democrats were disciplined and banded together to expose Republicans up and down the ballot for their extremism on democracy and reproductive freedom, heading off a red wave the pundits said was inevitable. We have an opportunity to do that again over the next three and half months -- and there is no better time than next week to start.

The Bottom Line

No one is denying that the debate was a setback. But the President and this team have made it through setbacks before. We are clear eyed about what we need to do to win. And we will win by moving forward, unified as a party.

We must focus on defeating Donald Trump every single day between now and Election Day. There’s never been a more important moment than right now to show that you are ready to defeat him once and for all. So, I have to ask:

Will you make a $25 donation today to reelect the President and Vice President in November?

If you've saved payment information with ActBlue Express, your donation will go through immediately:
$25 >>
$50 >>
$100 >>
$250 >>
$500 >>
Other >>
Thank you for your support,

Jen

Jen O'Malley Dillon
Campaign Chair, Biden for President
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:13 am I agree, and I want it to happen at one of his rallies, or during a televised speech. Otherwise, I'm scared.
I totally agree

I hope he strokes out and only his eyes and his little brain work and he can watch all of his family being disgusted with the mofo as they have to change his shitty diapers because he runs off every nurse they try to hire for him.

However, we would still have to pay SS for that so maybe him blowing up at his rally is ideal as well
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

The day before the election would be the best time for wish fullfillment :whistle:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Luke wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:32 pm
Here's a PDF of the Toplines: WaPo Poll.pdf
Ahem.
31. Imagine that Biden stepped aside and was replaced by Kamala Harris as the Democratic nominee for president. Would you be satisfied or dissatisfied with Harris as the Democratic nominee?
Satisfied - Dissatisfied - Skip
44 - 53 - 3
Among leaned Democrats:
Satisfied - Dissatisfied - Skip
70 - 29 - 2
Yes Virginia, right at the end, is the kicker. By 9 points people in general would hate it if Harris replaced Biden, and by implication would not support her. I cant understand why Wapo didn't highlight this. [sarcasm] The loveliness [sarcasm] of the British Tabloid staff that have replaced the editorship of Wapo is really starting to show.

And all because Biden is tied with Trump. Being tied is within the margin for error, you know. What, did Wapo highlight that?

Remember, The Democrats have been overperforming against polls for the last 6 years. If Biden is within 5 points of Turnip, he wins.

Especially since the Poll shows a movement towards Biden. Yes, he is doing better in this poll since the last time that poll was run. Yes, Virgina, Wapo is lying about its own poll...
2. If the 2024 presidential election were being held today, for whom would you vote?
(IF UNDECIDED OR SKIPPED QUESTION) Who would you lean toward?
Biden - Trump - Someone else - Would not vote - Skip Q2b
7/9/24 39 - 39 - 6 - 16 - *
4/30/24 38 - 40 - 7 - 14 - 1
Wow, movement towards Biden and they are tied. I'm panicing. [sarcasm]

And, you know who does the majority want to drop out and let someone else run? Both of them
24. Given his performance in the debate, which of these do you think Biden should do?
Continue his campaign for president - Step aside and let someone else run - Skip
30 - 67 - 3
(Rotated with Q25)
25. Given his performance in the debate, which of these do you think Trump should do?
Continue his campaign for president - Step aside and let someone else run - Skip
47 - 50 -3
Yep, Wapo is letting us know the majority thinks Turnip should drop out. Oh sorry, that would the headline if Turnip was a Democrat and Biden was a Republican and the numbers were the same. "POLL SHOWS TRUMP SHOULD DROP OUT!!!"

I'm sure there are other nuggets of loveliness inside this poll but I cannot be bothered looking more closely right now. Honestly, this whole subject is giving me a stress headache, and I cannot be assed arguing about it anymore. Its not going to happen, it would be a disaster if it did, and there is nothing in this poll that shows it would be anything other than a disaster if it did. Enough. Exunt stage left. *bing*
Hic sunt dracones
Luke

Post by Luke »

Suranis, I said in my post and had screenshots: The folks that don't want President Biden to drop out include 88% OF REPUBLICANS. That's why the Total vs. Democrats is so different. Please look back at my post and your "Ahem" stats paste. The majority of US Democrats want to win. President Biden chose VP Harris and if he decides not to continue his campaign, most Democrats are OK with that.

Here's a link for the press conference:

Major television networks — CBS, NBC, Fox and ABC — are expected to break away from scheduled programming to carry the press conference live. Cable news channels also are expected to air the event live. C-SPAN says it will carry the press conference live online, on C-SPAN 1 and its radio station. Like I said earlier, I think this is unfair and over the top, but right now, this is the reality.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I don't care about screenshots. The poll you linked to didn't have that question. I've been back and forth over it 5 times, and it didn't ask it nor break it down for republicans. I even did a text search for "rep" and it never came up. Theres 7 hits, mostly talking about he word representitive. Republican came up twice, neither breaking down what Republcans think specifically about anything.

If that came up in the Wapo article, they are lying.

I'm sorry.
Hic sunt dracones
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:26 pm The day before the election would be the best time for wish fullfillment :whistle:
Let's start a prayer chain! (isn't that how that works?)
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

As expected, you jump in with a bunch of crap, putting words into people's mouths, making shit up, thinking you have a fucking clue about American politics, somehow knowing other's thoughts on the subject, acting condescending and snotty to one of our most thoughtful and knowledgeable posters on actual American politics, then you run away like a little boy after hollering nyah, nyah, nyah, at him. And as usual, have approached your "argument" like you're hacking your way through the vegetation of the rain forest with a machete. You try to bolster your "arguments" with a cafeteria plan of rebuttals, but we can see what you're doing. It comes across as verbose but pitiful. You are nothing but an irritating, self-important nitwit. So grab your thesaurus, your keyboard and your whiny words and come for me, bro.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:40 pm As expected, you jump in with a bunch of crap, putting words into people's mouths, making shit up, thinking you have a fucking clue about American politics, somehow knowing other's thoughts on the subject, acting condescending and snotty to one of our most thoughtful and knowledgeable posters on actual American politics, then you run away like a little boy after hollering nyah, nyah, nyah, at him. And as usual, have approached your "argument" like you're hacking your way through the vegetation of the rain forest with a machete. You try to bolster your "arguments" with a cafeteria plan of rebuttals, but we can see what you're doing. It comes across as verbose but pitiful. You are nothing but an irritating, self-important nitwit. So grab your thesaurus, your keyboard and your whiny words and come for me, bro.
Sugar, for the love of God, knock off the crap. I was analysing what was in the text of the poll that was attached to the post Luke made. If you want to make a fool of yourself again because you hate me, go right ahead, but everything I said was in that text. I wasn't waffling about anything about American politics or whatever you want to pretend I was talking about, I was just reading what was on the page.

If you cant understand black and white, that's not my problem. And, by the way, I spent 20 minutes reformatting it so it would look somewhat clear. For instance, the "-" between the data points were all from me. If I had just copied and pasted them as they were it would be gibberish.

So I spent time trying to make it so that even you in your hate filled screaming would understand it.

You're welcome.

Look, here it is again. Download it and look at it. Have a great evening.

----->
WaPo Poll.pdf
(212.64 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
<-----
Hic sunt dracones
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:51 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:40 pm As expected, you jump in with a bunch of crap, putting words into people's mouths, making shit up, thinking you have a fucking clue about American politics, somehow knowing other's thoughts on the subject, acting condescending and snotty to one of our most thoughtful and knowledgeable posters on actual American politics, then you run away like a little boy after hollering nyah, nyah, nyah, at him. And as usual, have approached your "argument" like you're hacking your way through the vegetation of the rain forest with a machete. You try to bolster your "arguments" with a cafeteria plan of rebuttals, but we can see what you're doing. It comes across as verbose but pitiful. You are nothing but an irritating, self-important nitwit. So grab your thesaurus, your keyboard and your whiny words and come for me, bro.
Sugar, for the love of God, knock off the crap. I was analysing what was in the text of the poll that was attached to the post Luke made. If you want to make a fool of yourself again because you hate me, go right ahead, but everything I said was in that text. I wasn't waffling about anything about American politics or whatever you want to pretend I was talking about, I was just reading what was on the page.

If you cant understand black and white, that's not my problem. And, by the way, I spent 20 minutes reformatting it so it would look somewhat clear. For instance, the "-" between the data points were all from me. If I had just copied and pasted them as they were it would be gibberish.

So I spent time trying to make it so that even you in your hate filled screaming would understand it.

You're welcome.

Look, here it is again. Download it and look at it. Have a great evening.

----->WaPo Poll.pdf<-----
I don't hate you. I pity you.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 6:56 pm I don't hate you. I pity you.
Don't insult everyone's intelligence. You're better than that.

And I was still talking about that was in that Poll breakdown. Deal with it.

Again, have a blessed and happy evening.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “US President”