Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Pete Buttigieg - Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg - Jan 19, 1982 - Mayor & Transportation Secretary

Post by raison de arizona »

:muscle:
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Buttigieg: I’m just astonished that people who have shown zero interest on confronting child labor on any of the other 158 products listed are suddenly concerned about it

Duarte: This is about subsidizing child labor

Buttigieg: Then why didn’t you vote for the provision to move it to US soil
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 2:45 pm https://twitter.com/cspan/status/1806372061289296115
CSPAN @cspan wrote: Electric exchange between @SecretaryPete and @RepScottPerry: "Given time is limited, I will confine myself to addressing the factually incorrect portions of what you have said, beginning with the assertion that EV sales are going down. They are in fact going up..."
The actual reason people are saying this is that sales of Teslas are going down. So that must mean that the sales of all EVs are going down, right?
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Buttigeig 3:16
Do not come for Peter for thou shalt be eviscerated.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

More doorknobs getting their asses handed to them.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Westerman: Do you know how much electricity in the US comes from non-carbon emitting sources?

Buttigieg: Even if all of that electricity came from fossil sources, it would still be cleaner because EVs are more efficient

Westerman: I think you need to go back and look at physics

Buttigieg: Ok, the physics are EVs are 90% more efficient…
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

I ♥ Mayor Pete.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Collins: Norfolk Southern, in their annual shareholder report, said they were going to focus on DEI… that’s what led to that accident

Buttigieg: I have never seen a single shred of data or evidence— Blaming women and minorities, that is not consistent with what the NTSB found.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:59 pm Buttigeig 3:16
Do not come for Peter for thou shalt be eviscerated.
Politely.
raison de arizona

What I think you intended to say, you incredible Idahoan douche bucket, is THANK YOU USDOT and MAYOR PETE!
Katrina 🐝 🚆 @KatrinaWTE wrote:
@USDOT Provides the Wyoming Department of Transportation $6 Million in ‘Quick Release’ Emergency Relief Funding. “The Teton Pass is a key route for workers & visitors traveling between Idaho & Wyoming,” said U.S. Transportation @SecretaryPete Buttigieg.
https://highways.dot.gov/newsroom/us-de ... lion-quick
Brad Little @GovernorLittle wrote: Teton Pass is OPEN!

Thank you @GovernorGordon & the State of Wyoming for working 24/7 to reopen this vital roadway.

Special thanks to @IdahoITD, @IdahoOEM & @IdahoCommerce for helping our neighboring state & keeping surrounding Idaho counties safe.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

It's not only an emergency funding but also an emergency quick-and-dirty solution. The backfilling of the existing dam upside of the curve in the ravine will need to be revisited. The opinion of an engineer I have seen is very critical of the fact, that they did not make an investigation and determine why the dam slipped away, a job thak would have taken three months. Work on the road started near to immediatly. From the images I would expect the whole contraption to slide away with the next big rainfall. The dam does not seem to have any foundation into the bedrock, nor dewatering capabilities. I has not seen how the waters in the ravine can pass under the dam (though that passage may now have been closed over by the slip).

Return to “Biden Administration”