Assault on the Capitol (DC)

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:26 pm Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes continues to be called "Person One" in the court records, indicating he has not been charged, and a few other unindicted co-conspirators also still exist in the case.
Person One has been a bad, bad boy. Todd Engel has a few words to say about him:
► Show Spoiler
Other comments:
CNFMONTANA
3 days ago
Todd, As past Vice President of Oath Keepers-Montana, I can attest that the question you ask is certainly in order. I could go on, but...

Elohim Embroidery
1 day ago
Many of us caught on to his scheme when we attended the NY State dinner and he begain buying leadership top shelf liquor with his Oath keepers credit card. Mind you, the state chapters did not EVER recieve funding from national on ANYTHING. All the membership dues went into his pocket to which he tried covering up the embezzlement by having rifle raffles to shich NO ONE ever heard of a winner.

Elohim Embroidery
1 day ago
For those that do not know...Stewart Rhodes surrendered his law license because he was going to have it revoked.
Why?
Because in the early days of Oathkeepers, Stewart organized a protest at a local AZ town hall. 2 fellow Oathkeepers were arrested and Stewart promised he would defend them in court. Stewart Rhodes never showed up. The 2 Oathkeepers were assigned new represetation by the courts to defend them. Stewart Rhodes never even filed the paperwork to represent them nor did he ever contact his clients to update them at any time. When Stewart was ordered to attended a hearing BY PHONE, he failed to attend and subsequently surrendered his law license.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Seems like a good guy to have your back :roll:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:56 pm
(plea deal says Ivey skipped Trump Jan 6 rally, because it was crowded)
Doesn't that lend credence to the argument that Trump's speech did NOT incite the insurrectionists? After all, how could Ivey have been incited by Trump's word's at the rally, if he did not attend the rally?
Yeah, I'm sure that will be the defense, and it may work, but trump told them long before that Jan 6 was going to be "wild." But it's obvious many of them, the ones with the most severe charges, had planned the Capitol takeover for weeks.
ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:48 pm
noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:56 pm
(plea deal says Ivey skipped Trump Jan 6 rally, because it was crowded)
Doesn't that lend credence to the argument that Trump's speech did NOT incite the insurrectionists? After all, how could Ivey have been incited by Trump's word's at the rally, if he did not attend the rally?
Just because he didn’t attend, doesn’t mean he didn’t hear it. Even if this one guy wasn’t invited by it, that doesn’t mean others weren’t.

I know all that. He wouldn't even have been in DC that day if he hadn't already swallowed Trumps lies.

But, if anyone ever comes close to charging Trump with incitement, he can point to this, and possibly other, statements that the insurrectionist didn't attend to argue that his January 6 speech could not have been the proximate cause of the attack.

IANAL, but, in a court, accusers would have to point to specific actions or words on Trump's part that caused "otherwise peaceful" listeners to attack the Capital. If anyone ever tries to charge Trump, the riot will be exhibit A. If he can plausibly argue that the rioters didn't act because of his exhortations, that may create reasonable doubt.

Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely not making the argument that Trump is not culpable. I'm simply suggesting that others may use this plea as "proof" that Trump was not to blame.

Trump is guilty as sin. The attack on the Capital, and his attacks on democracy in general, are, IMHO, his greatest crimes, with potentially the longest lasting and most devastating consequences.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I'm pretty sure we will never see any charges against former guy. But in my wildest fantasies if there were charges, I would want them to be based on his entire history of pushing the Big Lie, not only on what he said Jan 6. He has been constantly stoking his followers pretty much since even before the election, but certainly he's been doing it earnestly since the day Biden was declared to have won the election.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
raison de arizona

:yeahthat:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"I am here in a divine special appearance."
per uninformed's earlier post.

How CAN you top that? It has become one with my signature. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@MacFarlaneNews
on Jan. 6: "There's one plea agreement in a high level case, an accused OathKeeper charged with conspiracy. He's been offered witness protection and has agreed to cooperate with the feds ... that's the epicenter of the case right now."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The guy in the green circle is the one pleading today.

Recognize the guy in the suspenders?
raison de arizona

Slurrrrplise!
► Show Spoiler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A plea hearing today for a 2nd accused OathKeeper *conspirator* in US Capitol Insurrection case

If the first plea deal is any indication.... feds will require full cooperation from the defendant

This is likely a scary day for ..... someone. Or some people
We're going to need a bingo card or a poll to decide which heads up the food chain roll first.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

And... there's this: Graydon Young will be appearing *in person* in DC federal court for his plea agreement hearing.

Haven't seen much -- or any -- of that in Jan 6 prosecutions, as courts continue COVID restrictions
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

!!! Alert. Jan 6 defendant and accused OathKeeper conspirator Graydon Young tells judge he will plead guilty. And will cooperate with prosecutors and testify before grand jury
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Those misdemeanors are all trespassing (technically parading).

The restitution amounts are:
Young: $2K
Schaffer: Undecided
Hodgkins: $2
Misdemeanors: $500
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

BOOM: Judge at Jan 6 case sentencing just slammed some Members of Congress for “re-writing history” and comparing insurrection to “tourists”
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Not just any Judge, it was Royce Lamberth, who we’ve been hearing from since the early birther days.

I kinda get the feeling he’s fed up with the whole lot of the RWNJs.
"I don't know what planet these people are on," the judge said of Clyde and his GOP friends. "I'm especially troubled by the accounts of some members of Congress that January 6 was just a day of tourists walking through the Capitol. I don't know what planet these people are on."

"It was not an accident that it turned violent," Lamberth continued. "It was intended to draw to a halt the very functioning of our government."

"The attempt by some congressmen to rewrite history and say this was all just tourists walking through the Capitol is just utter nonsense."
https://www.rawstory.com/judge-andrew-clyde/
Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:31 pm
BOOM: Judge at Jan 6 case sentencing just slammed some Members of Congress for “re-writing history” and comparing insurrection to “tourists”
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
LM K

Post by LM K »

First insurrectionists sentenced.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I hadn't seen this before. Hilarious! :rotflmao:

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Maybe I need to learn Tik Tok

that was good
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Federal prosecutor tells judge that discussions of possible plea agreement have begun with Larry Brock, the military veteran accused of carrying zip-ties in Capitol on Jan 6

FLASH: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will establish select committee on the US Capitol Insurrection
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Let’s run down the arrest of famous QAnon believer Jamie Buteau (and his wife Jennifer Buteau). He was featured on Vice News, in a popular HBO documentary, and in plenty of media coverage about QAnon. Not exactly incognito.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Per court docket, judge is ordering Scott Fairlamb held in jail through next court appearance in late August.

US Justice Dept released this video exhibit in his case (below) ==>
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Greatgrey wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:09 pm Not just any Judge, it was Royce Lamberth, who we’ve been hearing from since the early birther days.

I kinda get the feeling he’s fed up with the whole lot of the RWNJs.
"I don't know what planet these people are on," the judge said of Clyde and his GOP friends. "I'm especially troubled by the accounts of some members of Congress that January 6 was just a day of tourists walking through the Capitol. I don't know what planet these people are on."

"It was not an accident that it turned violent," Lamberth continued. "It was intended to draw to a halt the very functioning of our government."

"The attempt by some congressmen to rewrite history and say this was all just tourists walking through the Capitol is just utter nonsense."
This would explain why Klayman is having a mad at is former BFF.
101010 :towel:

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”