Kendra

Re: Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by Kendra »

Just...tourists :whistle:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/06 ... stors.html

:snippity:
Pastor Peters flies into DC, he says, on a private jet owned by prominent Trump supporter Mike Lindell, better known as the CEO of MyPillow.

He says it happened unexpectedly. Peters was introduced to Lindell at a political rally in Georgia on January 4. According to Peters, Lindell’s girlfriend asked how he intended to get to DC; he told her he’d likely drive. She invited him to hop on the jet.

Peters added that Lindell picked up the tab for Peters to spend a night in the Trump International Hotel in DC. Reached by phone, Lindell confirmed Peters' account.

Full story, start here: https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/06 ... index.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/06 ... t-cyr.html

Yvonne St Cyr

On December 8, St Cyr attended an anti-mask rally in Boise outside the office of a health district whose board members were holding a meeting. She was arrested.

Had to go and Google her and Ammon. Got hits. Surprise (not).
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:42 am https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/06 ... stors.html

Pastor Peters flies into DC, he says, on a private jet owned by prominent Trump supporter Mike Lindell, better known as the CEO of MyPillow.

He says it happened unexpectedly. Peters was introduced to Lindell at a political rally in Georgia on January 4. According to Peters, Lindell’s girlfriend asked how he intended to get to DC; he told her he’d likely drive. She invited him to hop on the jet.

Peters added that Lindell picked up the tab for Peters to spend a night in the Trump International Hotel in DC. Reached by phone, Lindell confirmed Peters' account.
Full story, start here: https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/06 ... index.html
Whoa! Clear your afternoon for this one.

I'd like to see an interview with one of the dozens of people I watched (on my tv - PBS) on Jan 6 skedaddling AWAY from the Capitol as fast as their little legs could carry them. It was clear a lot of these sheeple headed to the Capitol thinking Dear Leader was going to lead them in a (probably) nonviolent but very loud protest but when they saw the carnage unfolding they knew to get the hell outta Dodge. I don't know how to track any of them down, but I'd love to hear their story.
ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Still have a couple more sections to read. Had to go to the store and run errands.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:05 pm Whoa! Clear your afternoon for this one.
I saw that this morning but for the life of me can not get the page to actually work.
Oh.. wait.. you have to turn autoplay on. So it is one of those 'tons of moving videos on the screen' monstrosities.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neeneko wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:04 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:05 pm Whoa! Clear your afternoon for this one.
I saw that this morning but for the life of me can not get the page to actually work.
Oh.. wait.. you have to turn autoplay on. So it is one of those 'tons of moving videos on the screen' monstrosities.
Yes, probably not for the phone. Working perfect on the laptop and Comcast WIFI 8-)

It's really well done IMHO. If you watched the special CNN had on last night, that's similar to what they covered.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:13 pm Yes, probably not for the phone. Working perfect on the laptop and Comcast WIFI 8-)

It's really well done IMHO. If you watched the special CNN had on last night, that's similar to what they covered.
I use a desktop, but have autoplay turned off, and every once in a while someone builds a site in such a way that things depend on it.. and it usually involves the 2020s version of geocities gif spam, which gives me a headache and is why I have autoplay turned off in the first place ^_^
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

If I knew how to turn off autoplay, I'd probably do the same. Really interesting reading this though.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/06 ... iffin.html

The front yard of Griffin’s ramshackle home on the edge of the desert town of Tularosa, just outside Alamogordo, is scattered with some rusty and aging toys that belonged to his son, now 6, who left with Griffin’s wife in 2019.

His three barbecue eateries have closed — two of them in the fall of 2018 and the other in spring of 2019 — Griffin says largely due to the time consumed by his activism, “to make time for politics.”

Owing to his Cowboys for Trump activities, New Heart Cowboy Church — where Griffin years ago served as a pastor and continued to attend as a member — has asked him not to come back.

In his driveway sit two rundown vehicles, which he has been fixing himself. Griffin says he is currently so broke he can’t afford the internet. The roughly $23,000 he earns as a county commissioner constitutes the bulk of his income.

All that seems to be left is his mule, named Henry.

Everything Trump Touches Dies.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Alan Feuer @alanfeuer
“Capitol riot suspect Pauline Bauer, who had a quite an outburst last time she appeared in court, is now back.
The judge noted she's representing herself--which she denied.
"I am not pro se," Bauer said, "I am here in a divine special appearance."
She's a sovereign citizen.”

:thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sounds like a good time to hunt YouTube for SovCits and judges :crazy: :dance:
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
raison de arizona

Hardly surprising that these "guys" have a history of assaulting women and children, cowards.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
LM K

Post by LM K »

H/t Uninformed.

This thread is really interesting. Ignore the first tweet. The 2nd tweet talks about Bauer.

Bauer has been remanded into custody twice today. The judge gave her a 2nd chance hearing. She was a complete ass.

She refused to agree to conditions of release because she doesn't want to surrender her firearms.

I don't see her leaving jail anytime soon.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Today's hearing:

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

covfefe wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:58 pm Hardly surprising that these "guys" have a history of assaulting women and children, cowards.
Sadly, it seems to be one of the feeders into the community. Such assaults (which they tend to believe are justified, so should be consequence free) can get your kids taken away, or cause your wife to leave and take the kids, or might get the police involved with one of those dreaded 'red flag' laws they are so terrified of. Then you find a community that shares your fear and blames someone CPS or women or democrats for the consequences of your their.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neeneko wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:38 pm
covfefe wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:58 pm Hardly surprising that these "guys" have a history of assaulting women and children, cowards.
Sadly, it seems to be one of the feeders into the community. Such assaults (which they tend to believe are justified, so should be consequence free) can get your kids taken away, or cause your wife to leave and take the kids, or might get the police involved with one of those dreaded 'red flag' laws they are so terrified of. Then you find a community that shares your fear and blames someone CPS or women or democrats for the consequences of your their.
They do not see others, especially women, children, and folks of a different race, as people. They see them as objects only. Therefore, they use them how they wish. I remember past discussions here and elsewhere who wondered what was with various white supremacists with their convictions for child sexual assaults. It is the same mentality.

As they see others as objects, like Trump, they lack empathy for anybody else. This is probably behind some of the inability to understand how they could have lost the election. They can't consider what others are thinking so what they are thinking is the only motivator for their actions. They have not idea how many actually disagree, and they don't care.

In fairness, this is not just a white issue. I figure that there are many gangbangers with the same mentality.
101010 :towel:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

LM K wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:13 pm
This thread is really interesting. Ignore the first tweet. The 2nd tweet talks about Bauer.
Personally, I think the issue of forcing someone to produce evidence against himself is much more interesting than a sovcit.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:56 pm Personally, I think the issue of forcing someone to produce evidence against himself is much more interesting than a sovcit.
Compelled decryption is an issue that has split the courts. E.g., New Jersey has compelled decryption, but SCOTUS denied the cert. petition.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm watching a series Jan 6 defendants fight for release from jail this week. I asked former federal prosecutor
@glennkirschner2
why pre-trial detention is so impactful in *these* cases ====>

ALERT: We have another plea deal in a January 6 prosecution

Bryan Ivey of Tennessee signed deal on June 15, acknowledging he illegally entered Capitol thru broken window, then waved rioters into building

(plea deal says Ivey skipped Trump Jan 6 rally, because it was crowded)
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Doesn't that lend credence to the argument that Trump's speech did NOT incite the insurrectionists? After all, how could Ivey have been incited by Trump's word's at the rally, if he did not attend the rally?
raison de arizona

noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:56 pm
Doesn't that lend credence to the argument that Trump's speech did NOT incite the insurrectionists? After all, how could Ivey have been incited by Trump's word's at the rally, if he did not attend the rally?
Trump had been inciting them for weeks, the final speech was just the last push. IMO.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

noblepa wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:56 pm
Just because he didn’t attend, doesn’t mean he didn’t hear it. Even if this one guy wasn’t invited by it, that doesn’t mean others weren’t.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
bob

Post by bob »

Maybenaut wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:48 pmJust because he didn’t attend, doesn’t mean he didn’t hear it. Even if this one guy wasn’t invited by it, that doesn’t mean others weren’t.
Yeah: That one person wasn't incited doesn't mean others also weren't. Or that there was no intent to incite.

I presume this paragraph was added as further evidence of this defendant's intent, i.e., he didn't get "caught up" in the emotional rhetoric of the speech; rather, he made a series of intentional (and bad) choices, like unlawfully entering and aiding others in their entry.

That is was his fault that he did these crimes.
Image ImageImage

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”