Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Lauren Boebert - Carpetbaggin’ Vapin’ Yankin’ Lauren Opal Boebert née Roberts

Post by northland10 »

bill_g wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:42 am
northland10 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:02 am
bill_g wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:02 am So, she's Catholic now. :Spockeyebrow:
Or Episocopalian
Could be. She doesn't look very Greek.
Orthodox are the opposite of Western church style. They go right to left, not left to right. Both traditions go head to breast, then the shoulders, thus making sign, not triangle.

If she sat next to a guy she might be able to get the lower part of the cross closer.
101010 :towel:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

northland10 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:53 am Orthodox are the opposite of Western church style. They go right to left, not left to right. Both traditions go head to breast, then the shoulders, thus making sign, not triangle.

If she sat next to a guy she might be able to get the lower part of the cross closer.
We'll need a lip reading expert, but I'm pretty certain the prayer she recited when crossing in that video was "if this chair is rockin, don't come knockin" or something. I could be wrong. I often am, but I don't think so this time.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Secretary Pete Buttigieg @SecretaryPete wrote: Congresswoman, in what way do you believe that your support helped this project? We chose it because it's a good project, and funded it using President Biden's infrastructure package, which you voted against.
Rep. Lauren Boebert @RepBoebert wrote: Great meeting with Glenwood Springs City Councilor and former Mayor Jonathan Godes.

We have secured over $51.4 million for the South Bridge.

Was thrilled to hear about nearly $30 million in costs savings in addition and that my support has helped make this project a reality.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

She is so tiny even with pumps.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:51 pm She Her mind is so tiny even with pumps.
FIFY
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

I like his flag plaque with all the squad emblems.

I am not going to ask the obvious question about her right arm. I'll just compliment her on her photo perfect posed left hand, and stop there.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:51 pm She is so tiny even with pumps.
I misread that as pimps.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

Somebunny's lyin'.
American Muckrakers @AmericanMuck wrote: Bettlejuice Boebert aka @laurenboebert missed critical votes. She claims she was at her "... 8th grade son's graduation". HOWEVER that ceremony, called a "continuation ceremony", isn't until May 29th. Another lie. Another day. cc: @caitlynkim #copolitics
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:44 pm https://youtu.be/HTsxEtrlsMA
Every idiot that doesn't understand the difference between policy and high crimes please raise their hand.
raison de arizona

Harry Sisson @harryjsisson wrote: WOW!!! Lauren Boebert just got destroyed TO HER FACE for taking credit for infrastructure projects that she voted AGAINST! This is so well done.
Wouldn't have minded hearing her response. Quick on the trigger there.

Moar:
► Show Spoiler
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

That debate has good moderators. They will call out the candidates if they don't answer the question.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

it was great!!!
raison de arizona

raison de arizona

:clap:
CALL TO ACTIVISM @CalltoActivism wrote: I NEEDED THIS RIGHT NOW

In case you missed it, here’s Democrat Maxwell Frost silencing Lauren Boebert over her comments that the government should serve God.

Frost: “My colleague Rep. Boebert said, ‘The church is supposed to direct the government, the government is not supposed to direct the church.

I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk.’”

Frost then gave it to her:

To Lauren Boebert, the “Junk being the Constitution and Bill of Rights.”

Does it concern you that the Republican Party is being led by what experts are calling a “Christo-Fascist” movement?

Do you support a strong Separation between Church and State?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Bobo would look doe-eyed and say "Huh?"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:24 pm :clap:
CALL TO ACTIVISM @CalltoActivism wrote: I NEEDED THIS RIGHT NOW

In case you missed it, here’s Democrat Maxwell Frost silencing Lauren Boebert over her comments that the government should serve God.

Frost: “My colleague Rep. Boebert said, ‘The church is supposed to direct the government, the government is not supposed to direct the church.

I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk.’”

Frost then gave it to her:

To Lauren Boebert, the “Junk being the Constitution and Bill of Rights.”

Does it concern you that the Republican Party is being led by what experts are calling a “Christo-Fascist” movement?

Do you support a strong Separation between Church and State?
This idea that the church should direct the government really annoys me. Whose church? The Roman Catholic Church? The Episcopaleons? The Baptists? The Evangelicals? The Westboro Baptist Church? Orthodox Jews? Muslims? These groups all have very, very different ideas about many issues, both theologicaly and socially.

I'm pretty sure that, when Bobo or others say that, what they really mean is "I should direct the goverment".

It reminds me of the proponents of school-sponsored prayer. If the school is to conduct prayers, whose prayers? In this case, the old joke is very true. "As long as there are history tests, there will be prayer in school". No court ruling or statute prevents students from saying a quick, quiet prayer before a test from saying grace before lunch. It is only school-sponsored or mandatory prayer that is banned. In fact, there have been court rulings that required schools to make their facilities available to student-lead religious activities, such as bible study, on the same basis that is used for other student groups.

The point of separation of church and state is that, if one church or doctrine were to control the government, all others would be discriminated against, and possibly persecuted. To prevent that, we don't allow any church to control the government, hopefully insuring that all churches remain free to believe as they wish and to practice as they wish.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

noblepa wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:29 pm The point of separation of church and state is that, if one church or doctrine were to control the government, all others would be discriminated against, and possibly persecuted. To prevent that, we don't allow any church to control the government, hopefully insuring that all churches remain free to believe as they wish and to practice as they wish.
History is full of cases where "state religions" and such ended up destroying a country. State-sponsored religion will not work in a democracy. Perhaps Ms Boebert should become a citizen of one of several Middle Eastern countries. They feature no religious freedom and very little personal freedom.
Largo al factotum.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

zekeb wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:36 pm
noblepa wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:29 pm The point of separation of church and state is that, if one church or doctrine were to control the government, all others would be discriminated against, and possibly persecuted. To prevent that, we don't allow any church to control the government, hopefully insuring that all churches remain free to believe as they wish and to practice as they wish.
History is full of cases where "state religions" and such ended up destroying a country. State-sponsored religion will not work in a democracy. Perhaps Ms Boebert should become a citizen of one of several Middle Eastern countries. They feature no religious freedom and very little personal freedom.
That's the problem with religious fanatacism. You can't argue with God. And the fanatics believe that they have been given divinely inspired knowledge of the will of God.

So, when religious fanatics gain control, they feel that they are perfectly within their rights to impose their beliefs and their will on others. After all, their will is, by definition, the will of God. They are RIGHT and everyone else is wrong.

This is nowhere more evident in the controversy over abortion. I've seen polls saying that as many as 70 percent of US voters believe that abortion should be legal, yet the minority anti-abortion crowd has no compunction against hijacking the electoral and legislative process to impose their beliefs on others.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

zekeb wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 2:36 pm History is full of cases where "state religions" and such ended up destroying a country. State-sponsored religion will not work in a democracy. Perhaps Ms Boebert should become a citizen of one of several Middle Eastern countries. They feature no religious freedom and very little personal freedom.
I am very much in favor of secular government, but many European countries have state churches: most Scandinavian countries, the UK, Germany has something weird going on, Ireland I think still has Catholicism in its constitution. France is constitutionally very secular, but its public holidays very much match Christian (Roman Catholic) holidays. I don't know about other countries (I think we can exclude the Vatican State as a special case!).

But in these cases the churches know their place or are reminded of it occasionally. They pronounce their views, tell everybody what their gods' will is, then government carries on. Generally they just provide a bit of tartiness on national days and sonorous mumblings at big funerals etc. Also at coronations, for those countries that have coronation ceremonies for new monarchs (most do not).

Being a state (established) church is not always a positive as it restricts the rights of that church to act freely. I think the religious head of the Church of England (the Archbishop of Canterbury) is appointed by the current Prime Minister (the head of government), if I recall correctly the top guys in the church give him/her a shortlist of 2 names, and it is conventional to select the first name. Conventional, obligatory, sometimes it's a not a clear distinction.

Anyway, my long-winded point is yes, I agree completely, it's definitely good not to have powerful religions controlling government, but it does not follow that all state religious involvement necessarily leads to chaos. It depends on whether the religion is relatively gentle and kind or a bunch of fanatical supremacist nutters, as in Iran or the christo-fascists in USA.
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

As with anything related to church, state and related stuff in the UK....it is sort of complicated. It is what you get with over 1000 years of tradition, blood, mayhem, intigue and assorted other shenanigans.

http://rowanwilliams.archbishopofcanter ... 20on%20him.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:30 pm Ireland I think still has Catholicism in its constitution
Not since 1973. I'm not surprised that the news hasn't percolated across the Atlantic yet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Ame ... of_Ireland
Fifth Amendment of the Constitution of Ireland
"To remove references to the "special position" of the Catholic Church and to other named denominations"

The Fifth Amendment of the Constitution Act 1972 is an amendment to the Constitution of Ireland which deleted two subsections that recognised the special position of the Catholic Church and that recognised other named religious denominations. It was approved by referendum on 7 December 1972 and signed into law on 5 January 1973
Reminds me of that guy who told me that "20 years ago there was no way the Irish would do something like pass a divorce referendum, now they are free" upon the result of a referendum in Ireland a few years back. Whereupon I posted the information that the Irish had voted in favour of a Divorce referendum exactly 20 years previous to his post.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:30 pm Being a state (established) church is not always a positive as it restricts the rights of that church to act freely. I think the religious head of the Church of England (the Archbishop of Canterbury) is appointed by the current Prime Minister (the head of government), if I recall correctly the top guys in the church give him/her a shortlist of 2 names, and it is conventional to select the first name. Conventional, obligatory, sometimes it's a not a clear distinction.
I believe technically it's the Crown what does that, except the PM puts the final name before His/Her Majesty. But I could be wrong.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”