TESLA and Elon Musk - anything not elsewhere

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

noblepa wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:48 pm I've wondered about the legal liability ramifications of self-driving cars. I don't think that the law has caught up with the technology, a not unusual situation.
They aren't truly self-driving, and you're responsible for any accidents you cause just like with any vehicle.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Also too and I believe to be true worldwide, traffic laws command the driver to always be on control of the vehicle. Have a automagick gadget in the vehicle does not relive from said duty.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

This video is pretty interesting in that it goes through Musk's bullshit promises and failures over the last decade. The voice is a bit smug, but the content is solid. And ya, he has been saying that Self driving is fully functional and can take you from Chicago to New York without touching the controls for years.

And this compares him to Enron. Which is different yet the same.

Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:43 am Also too and I believe to be true worldwide, traffic laws command the driver to always be on control of the vehicle. Have a automagick gadget in the vehicle does not relive from said duty.
In the US, traffic laws are, at best, suggestions and, at worst, leftist globalist communist nanny-state laws, which must be ignored by true patriots.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Years ago, I attended a sovereign citizen/common law grand jury meeting hosted by Roger Dowell. I'm here to tell you that the post above is not an exaggeration.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.theonion.com/elon-musk-s-ne ... 1851446594
Elon Musk’s Neighbors Fed Up With Eyesore Yard Covered In Broken-Down Cybertrucks
Published 9 hours ago

BOCA CHICA, TX—Accusing the billionaire tech mogul of dragging down property values, neighbors of Elon Musk told reporters Thursday they were fed up with his eyesore yard covered in broken-down Cybertrucks. “I don’t know if the guy who lives there is sick or has fallen on hard times or what, but I’m sorry—that yard looks like absolute shit,” said Alaina Barett, who was one of several neighbors who had called 311 in response to the mess strewn over Musk’s front lawn, complaining that the ramshackle Tesla trucks were a public health hazard due to the multiple families of rats, opossums, and hornets that had taken up residence inside the vehicles. “You can tell those things haven’t run in a very, very, very long time. Occasionally you’ll see him out in the yard trying to work on one, but most of the time it just starts sparking. I don’t understand why he doesn’t just haul all that junk away. They’ve got to be worth at least something at the scrapyard.” At press time, Musk had been fined $250 by his neighborhood’s HOA.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:30 am
noblepa wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:48 pm I've wondered about the legal liability ramifications of self-driving cars. I don't think that the law has caught up with the technology, a not unusual situation.
They aren't truly self-driving, and you're responsible for any accidents you cause just like with any vehicle.
That's what I thought. To me, that means that the feature is less than worthless.

It is worthless, because I still have to "drive" the car.

It is less than worthless, because it can lull me or another driver into not paying attention to traffic/road conditions.

IMHO, it has no up-side, only a down-side.

Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but for those reasons, I don't think I will ever buy a car with a self-driving feature.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm still a little hesitant to use cruise control. I want to be fully in charge when I'm driving.

ImageImageImage x4
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:48 pm I'm still a little hesitant to use cruise control. I want to be fully in charge when I'm driving.
I lurves me cruise control. It keeps my speed constant, uphill and downhill. I can tell when a person in front of me isn't using cruise control. 45 uphill - 65 downhill.
Largo al factotum.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:05 pm Years ago, I attended a sovereign citizen/common law grand jury meeting hosted by Roger Dowell. I'm here to tell you that the post above is not an exaggeration.
Was that intentional or did you end up at Dennys at a bad time? :biggrin:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Off Topic
It was intentional. I was just getting into the whole Trussell debacle and decided to infiltrate. It's why I decided on the name Slim Cognito. At the time, Fogbow had a sovcit member (Gimme Truth?) and I didn't want to be outed. I hoped nobody would assume a short, chubby lady would call herself Slim.

Sadly, it wasn't Denny's but wouldn't that have been perfect? It was at the Overtime sports bar in CC.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Here's the inside story of why Elon Musk fired the entire Tesla Supercharger staff
Employees say it was a snap decision after he got an answer he didn't like
REUTERS

The day before Elon Musk fired virtually all of Tesla’s electric-vehicle charging division last month, they had high hopes as charging chief Rebecca Tinucci went to meet with Musk about the network’s future, four former charging-network staffers told Reuters.

After Tinucci had cut between 15% and 20% of staffers two weeks earlier, part of much wider layoffs, they believed Musk would affirm plans for a massive charging-network expansion.

The meeting could not have gone worse. Musk, the employees said, was not pleased with Tinucci’s presentation and wanted more layoffs. When she balked, saying deeper cuts would undermine charging-business fundamentals, he responded by firing her and her entire 500-member team.

The departures have upended a network widely viewed as a signature Tesla achievement and a key driver of its EV sales. Tesla Superchargers account for more than 60% of U.S. high-speed charging ports, federal statistics show, and the company has been the biggest winner so far of $5 billion in federal funding for new chargers.

This account, the most detailed to date on the Supercharger firings and the fallout, is based on interviews with eight former charging-division employees, one contractor and a Tesla email sent to outside vendors. Only Musk and Tinucci were in the meeting described to Reuters; the four sources with knowledge of the meeting are relaying what they heard about it from Supercharger department managers.

Tesla, Musk and Tinucci did not respond to requests for comment from Reuters.
:snippity:
https://www.autoblog.com/2024/05/15/her ... ger-staff/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And yet Musky boy wants to get a 50 Billion dollar bonus.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Does he intend to sell off that business branch? Cause rebuilding the operational knowhow will take years. Will the employees be absorbed into a number of competitors, or create a new company?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:27 am Does he intend to sell off that business branch?
How do you sell something that's based 100% on the value of the people you already got rid of? :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The only valuable person is Elon Musk.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Suranis wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:41 am And yet Musky boy wants to get a 50 Billion dollar bonus.
I read somewhere that it amounts to $10,000 per car he has sold to date. Apparently he thinks as much about himself as Trump thinks about Trump.
Largo al factotum.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

zekeb wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:33 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:48 pm I'm still a little hesitant to use cruise control. I want to be fully in charge when I'm driving.
I lurves me cruise control. It keeps my speed constant, uphill and downhill. I can tell when a person in front of me isn't using cruise control. 45 uphill - 65 downhill.
Me, too. I use CC even driving around town at 35 mph.

That said, CC does not relieve me of the task of driving the car in every other way. I must keep my hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road. And I must stay awake. CC just keeps my speed from drifting up and down. If I need to slow down, I can either tap the brakes, or pull toward myself on a stalk on the right side of the steering column.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:44 am
RTH10260 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:27 am Does he intend to sell off that business branch?
How do you sell something that's based 100% on the value of the people you already got rid of? :confuzzled:
Silly bird. The product is 100% based on the genius and charisma of Elon Musk.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

re cruise control, use it of course on freeways at fixed speed and use the regulator on the steering wheel to fine tune up and down as speed fluctuation happen, use it to limit in residential areas to prevent me from overspeeding the low speed limit (30 km/h, around 15 mph)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

PS. from Germany and the new Tesla Gigafactory. They are producing many units above market request. They are parking at a nearby airfield Neuhardenberg, rising numbers stored over the last 18 months. Seems to be mainly Teslas Model Y.

Source in German https://www.nzz.ch/mobilitaet/model-y-u ... ld.1830326
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Cruise control is great on the OPEN HIGHWAY. It is worthless around town.

It has taken me 10 years to break SWMBO of the habit of using CC in town in stop and go traffic and use the Speed Limiter instead.

I'm so used to (appropriate use of) CC and SL now that when I was sharing driving on a road trop in a friends car last year I got TWO effing speeding tickets in the space of 40 kilometres.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:19 pm re cruise control, use it of course on freeways at fixed speed and use the regulator on the steering wheel to fine tune up and down as speed fluctuation happen, use it to limit in residential areas to prevent me from overspeeding the low speed limit (30 km/h, around 15 mph)
Ditto, I have a heavy foot and cruise control keeps me honest in the neighborhoods at 25mph. On the highways I also have a tendency to sped up and slow down randomly, loves me since cruise control to keep it steady. I envy those of you that don’t need it. 🤷
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Now that my husband has passed away and I'm driving longer distances myself, I've gotten used to using cruise control on those trips. The cruise control in my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport will detect the speed of the vehicle ahead of me and slow down accordingly to maintain a safe distance. When I move over to the passing lane, my speed resumes. I like that feature.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I only use cruise control on a not rubber necked interstate. I don't have the feature to auto slow down in heavy traffic.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”