Indiana 7th Congressional District

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dead candidate wins Republican primary in Indiana's 7th Congressional District

WTHR
8 May 2024

Jennifer Pace received 31% of the vote in Tuesday's primary, despite the fact that she had died. 13News reporter Emily Longnecker breaks down how a dead candidate won a primary race in Indiana.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We had a similar situation many many years ago in Missouri. Going from memory, John Ashcroft was running against a gentleman, I think, for senator. The gentleman passed before the election, not sure how long, and MO voted for the dead guy over Ashcroft, whose consolation prize was becoming Bush jr's AG. AnyWho, the widow got the seat. I don't know if she declined to run for reelection or was defeated.

Robin Williams had a joke about it. When he got to the end where the dead guy won, he addressed Ashcroft as the state ofMissouri, "sorry John, but the dead guy scares me less."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:24 pm We had a similar situation many many years ago in Missouri. Going from memory, John Ashcroft was running against a gentleman, I think, for senator. The gentleman passed before the election, not sure how long, and MO voted for the dead guy over Ashcroft, whose consolation prize was becoming Bush jr's AG. AnyWho, the widow got the seat. I don't know if she declined to run for reelection or was defeated.

Robin Williams had a joke about it. When he got to the end where the dead guy won, he addressed Ashcroft as the state ofMissouri, "sorry John, but the dead guy scares me less."
Mel Carnahan. The governor. He died in a plane crash 3 weeks prior to the election. His wife Jean only served until a special election could be held.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

TY.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

And Carnahan was an elected democrat in Missouri before it went completely batshit crazy.

As for Jennifer Pace, and as an Indiana resident, I think I'd rather have a dead Republican in office than our average brain dead Republican. If they leave her on the ballot she'll still win in the general election because this is Indiana.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:think: So the view here is that "the only good Republican is a dead Republican"?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:cantlook: :lol:

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”