Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

#TrumpTooSleepy - Haberman is reporting that tfg can't stay awake in court again today, he's nodded off multiple times. Alina Habba discussed this the other day on some stupid show. She said that he is such a dynamo and always going, that when you force him to sit still, he catches up on all the rest he's missed because he only sleeps four hours a night. Ha.

Anyway, this answers a question for me.
Frank G. Runyeon @frankrunyeon wrote: ℹ️ As Trump faces criminal contempt for repeatedly posting about witnesses in the hush money case, the @ManhattanDA has asked for a $1,000 fine per violation. Why not more?

Well, that's the law. It's either $1,000 or jail.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

https://x.com/PamKeithFL/status/1781310626540691459
Pam Keith, Esq. @PamKeithFL wrote: There are literally thousands of people working on trying to dox the jurors in the a Trump case to create a mistrial.

Merchan is too soft to deal with that.
The jury should be sequestered and watch the trial on CCTV from a secret and remote location.

This is a mafia trial.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

And there are now six alternates on the panel. Showtime on Monday? :popcorn:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Fire breaks out near courthouse where tfg's trial is being held. Man on fire. No link. Watching on CNN. :eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 pm Fire breaks out near courthouse where tfg's trial is being held. Man on fire. No link. Watching on CNN. :eek:
I was just coming to post that. Talk about live reporting, Laura and Evan are on it. Yikes.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

FWIW MTN Ben Meiselas rants about a mad man truthing while on his way to jail trial ...

► Show Spoiler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Acyn
@Acyn

Meiselas: What I’m hearing from credible sources is that Donald Trump is actually farting in the courtroom… I’m hearing it from actual credible people that as he’s kind of falling asleep, he’s actually passing gas and that his lawyers are really struggling with the smell.
raison de arizona

It's all the hamberders.
raison de arizona

Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 pm Fire breaks out near courthouse where tfg's trial is being held. Man on fire. No link. Watching on CNN. :eek:
I was just coming to post that. Talk about live reporting, Laura and Evan are on it. Yikes.
Looks like someone lit themselves on fire. Disturbing video: https://x.com/simonateba/status/1781379969630814523

CNN reporting: https://x.com/justinbaragona/status/1781378764015841436

The aftermath: https://x.com/ViralNewsNYC/status/1781379607662661901

I can't sufficiently emphasize how disturbing these videos are. Be forewarned.
raison de arizona

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1781373546297749865
Acyn
@Acyn

Meiselas: What I’m hearing from credible sources is that Donald Trump is actually farting in the courtroom… I’m hearing it from actual credible people that as he’s kind of falling asleep, he’s actually passing gas and that his lawyers are really struggling with the smell.
Does this have anything to do with the gag order :think: ;)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rotflmao:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:rotflmao:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm
Looks like someone lit themselves on fire. Disturbing video: https://x.com/simonateba/status/1781379969630814523

CNN reporting: https://x.com/justinbaragona/status/1781378764015841436

The aftermath: https://x.com/ViralNewsNYC/status/1781379607662661901

I can't sufficiently emphasize how disturbing these videos are. Be forewarned.
Thank you for the warning. :bighug:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I've skimmed many tweets detailing the questions to the jury. Still wondering if I would have gotten on it if I said I had no bias. This pretty much clarifies the issue as No Way José:
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 2.26.32 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 2.26.32 PM.png (393.66 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Anyone here think that if the defense attorneys got a glimpse of, say, their Fogbow history, they wouldn't get a prompt strike for cause?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Tragic. Of course, Loomer & the conspiracy theorists are running wild on X. This however appears to be true. NYC Police will have a presser shortly.

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
🚨 3pm ET: Caution required: On an unconfirmed Substack, "Max Azzarello" took responsibility for his self-immolation outside of the #TrumpTrial. Currently, it doesn't appear to be related to the trial, & the Secret Service's protectee was never in danger.
Substack: https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i ... re-outside

ETA:
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
3:10pm ET Press Conference: NYPD confirms Max Azzarello is indeed the person and is alive in critical condition at St. Vincent's. He was visiting from St. Augustine, Florida.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

If a nut wants to get noticed by the media, the best location to do it is right there, where they have like 10:1 press to pedestrian ratio.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Whatever his reasons, he knew cameras would be there.

Edited to add: Apparently, he's still alive. News conference going on.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Seriously it's a cult
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:50 pm https://x.com/PamKeithFL/status/1781310626540691459
Pam Keith, Esq. @PamKeithFL wrote: There are literally thousands of people working on trying to dox the jurors in the a Trump case to create a mistrial.

Merchan is too soft to deal with that.
The jury should be sequestered and watch the trial on CCTV from a secret and remote location.

This is a mafia trial.
I have seen a small handful of lawyers who have had cases in front of Merchan, and none of them described him as "soft". They all indicated they found him to be very fair and respectful, but also that he does not tolerate any nonsense. There is no other judge I have seen that I thought would have the nerve to stand up to Trump, but there is something in his words and the way he is described that tells me that if any judge is going to have the backbone to put a stop to Trump's disrespect of the legal system, it may very well be this one (or Chutkan, sorry forgot about her since that case will likely never go to court) . I would start sweating bullets if I were Trump and Merchan decides to move up the hearing on contempt given that he has a jury so early in the process. Even the fact that we have a jury this early is probably in large part a testament to Merchan and how he runs his courtroom. I'm very impressed with him so far. I think Trump is playing a dangerous game with this particular judge and may end up sorry.

I have to admit I really want to see what kind of hairdo Trump would show up to court with if he had to spend a night in the klink. From what I can see of which parts of hid head actually have hair and how he had to carefully comb in all to over the bare spots, he gonna have a hard time achieving that signature look with a jail cell comb and mirror. Or Secret Service is going to be busy running to Trump Tower to get those hair products and huge mirror. :popcorn:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

That guy who self-immolated picked the wrong day. He should have set himself ablaze tomorrow.

I'll just show myself out...
raison de arizona

I'm not clear on what this is about.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 6706972953
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 wrote: In a tense exchange over redacting documents, Trump lawyer Emil Bove told Judge Merchan that prosecutors "have been invested in this case since 2018, and to say this is too much work is outrageous,” referring to Trump's attorneys' claim that it would be too much work to redact certain documents.

"I am not going to ask people to do that. It is absurd,” the judge told Trump's lawyer, adding, "Have a seat, I am signing the order."
@NBCNews
raison de arizona

https://x.com/KatiePhang/status/1781422313625247986
Katie Phang @KatiePhang wrote: NEW: Trump’s application to the appellate court for a stay pending resolution of his change of venue motion has just been DENIED.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/KatiePhang/status/1781420433025245504
Katie Phang @KatiePhang wrote: Judge Merchan: “We’re going to have opening statements on Monday morning. This trial is starting.”

Necheles asks again for the name of the prosecution’s first witness so they can prepare for cross-examination.

The prosecution: We’ll give it to you on Sunday. And if that name is tweeted, that courtesy will not be extended again.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/Jose_Pagliery/statu ... 503988599
Jose Pagliery
@Jose_Pagliery
An astounding way to finish Donald Trump's first week of trial.

"trump-fumes-as-judge-orders-him-to-sit-like-a-dog"
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fum ... like-a-dog
The tables have turned. The first week of Donald Trump’s criminal trial in New York City ended with a power move by the judge, who ordered the former president to take a seat—where he remained fuming in his chair until the judge left the courtroom.

New York Supreme Court Justice Juan Merchan was wrapping up a contentious hour of debate with lawyers on both sides Friday afternoon, when he clarified that a contempt hearing—where he might punish Trump for repeatedly ignoring a gag order and continuing to publicly speak threateningly about witnesses and jurors—would commence Tuesday morning.

But just as the judge neared the end of his sentence, Trump abruptly stood up—apparently thinking the day was over. Immediately, Merchan turned his face to the former president and said in a firm voice: “Sir, can you please have a seat.”

His long, black robes dangled from beneath his right hand as he waved it down, like a man addressing his dog. It wasn’t a question. And while the judge maintains a stoic demeanor at all times, the tone was decidedly sharper than even the one he’d taken when expressing disappointment in Trump’s lawyers minutes earlier.

Without hesitation, Trump went and plopped straight back down into his maroon leather chair at the defense table—and remained for another minute, fuming as the judge gathered his paperwork and strolled toward his chambers.

As the judge exited the courtroom, Trump shot up and made straight for the back, furious. He looked straight toward the wooden double doors in back, ignoring reporters in the pews and clicking his tongue as he approached the EXIT sign.
raison de arizona

:lol: beautiful. perhaps this will be the judge that stands up to him. I will happily eat crow.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”