Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

A second juror out of the seven has been dismissed so now there are only five.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Edit: ninja'd by Volkonski.

The IT consultant has been dismissed. He had made comments during questioning the he found Trump "fascinating" and other comments that made me think he was possibly a fan of Trump but didn't want to admit to that. Turns out he was deceptive in some of his representations, one thing that was mentioned was that he had a history of "tearing down political signage" or something of that sort. It didn't say if it was signage of a particular party or what. Anyway, doesn't matter. He's gone. I bet Trump is not happy about this dismissal.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Don't they know the rules don't apply to him?
https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1780954575920320623
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 wrote: NBC News: Trump is using his phone in the courtroom, openly flouting the rules of the courtroom. Blanche just told him to stop and Trump tucked the phone in his pocket while looking annoyed. @MSNBC
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump makes a quip about the chilly courtroom as he departs for lunch
As former President Donald Trump exited the courtroom for a lunch break, he turned to reporters inside the courtroom and asked, "Is it cold enough?"

It is, indeed, chilly in the facility, according to CNN journalists at the Manhattan Criminal Courthouse in New York.

One of Trump's attorneys, Todd Blanche, approached Judge Juan Merchan earlier today and asked if they could make the courtroom any warmer. Merchan agreed it was chilly, but said that even a minor adjustment to the thermostat would heat up the courtroom significantly.

The judge said he would rather be a little cold than sweat.

The 17-story Art Deco courthouse, with its steel frame and granite and limestone facade, is composed of four towers, according to the city of New York. It was completed in 1941.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1780969397043286088
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: I’ve tried over 250 criminal jury trials over 29 years and I have never once not had a client stand up for jurors. That includes 6 charged with murder. Leave it to Trump to go out of his way to be a boorish, obnoxious asshole.
Tyler McBrien @TylerMcBrien wrote: A pool reporter notes that, curiously, "when the defense is introduced to the potential jurors seated in the audience, Trump does not stand up like his legal team does to turn and face them."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

RVInit wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 pm Edit: ninja'd by Volkonski.

The IT consultant has been dismissed. He had made comments during questioning the he found Trump "fascinating" and other comments that made me think he was possibly a fan of Trump but didn't want to admit to that. Turns out he was deceptive in some of his representations, one thing that was mentioned was that he had a history of "tearing down political signage" or something of that sort. It didn't say if it was signage of a particular party or what. Anyway, doesn't matter. He's gone. I bet Trump is not happy about this dismissal.
https://x.com/KGreenberg_/status/1780996547267694908
Kristy Greenberg @KGreenberg_ wrote: UPDATE: Juror who finds Trump fascinating and mysterious and was accused of failing to disclose his prior arrest was excused. Counsel engaged in a lengthy argument. Trump team clearly wanted this juror on the jury for a mistrial. Huge win for the DA.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Defendant: I object your honor. This trial is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of two mockeries of a sham. I move for a mistrial, do you realize there is not a single homosexual on that jury.

Juror: Yes there is.

Defendant: Really, which one is it, is it the big one at the end?
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

Dearest Evie, when you're a celebrity, they let you. Juror intimidation? Sure. Witness intimidation? Go right ahead. Those people who got arrested were nobodies, they have to follow the rules. Not so with tfg.
https://x.com/cg_evie/status/1780966287096578415
Evie CG @cg_evie wrote: My husband was fighting a parking ticket in NYC so we had to go to this same courthouse he’s in. No phones were allowed in any court room. We watched 2 people waiting to fight their tickets get arrested for using their phones. Why wasn’t this lard ass arrested?! I’m sick of this!
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 wrote: NBC News: Trump is using his phone in the courtroom, openly flouting the rules of the courtroom. Blanche just told him to stop and Trump tucked the phone in his pocket while looking annoyed. @MSNBC
raison de arizona

https://x.com/KGreenberg_/status/1781028965999595572
Kristy Greenberg @KGreenberg_ wrote: Waiting for both sides to question the 18 jurors. I’ve seen a lot of juries, and the jury pool today is among the most accomplished I’ve seen. And lots of very impressive women. A terrible draw for Trump today.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Judge Merchan: "We have our jury"
Judge Juan Merchan said a jury has been seated in the Trump trial.

The court is now selecting alternates.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:thumbsup:

He's really going to enjoy opening statements.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jurors are being empaneled
The jurors are being empaneled now.
Jurors sworn in
The empaneled jurors have been sworn in.

Judge Juan Merchan is now reading instructions to them.
much ado

Post by much ado »

I think they're going to need more than six alternates after the death threats start coming in.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 pm https://x.com/KGreenberg_/status/1781028965999595572
Kristy Greenberg @KGreenberg_ wrote: Waiting for both sides to question the 18 jurors. I’ve seen a lot of juries, and the jury pool today is among the most accomplished I’ve seen. And lots of very impressive women. A terrible draw for Trump today.
When I have had jury duty in my county (which has happened about 4 or 5 times for me), the large panels where they start are done alphabetically; they just say "If your name begins with A - M, follow me". And then the first smaller group is As and Bs, for example. So you could end up with a jury with people whose names all start with A, B, C, D. I wonder if that's how they do it in NY.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Jury selection for alternates will continue tomorrow
Judge Juan Merchan said court will resume tomorrow and jury selection will continue until all the alternates are seated.

He said he's hopeful they will finish the jury selection process tomorrow.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

And I am flabbergasted that jury selection is basically finished.

Glad I didn't bet the over of 3 weeks.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Judge says he is aiming to have Sandoval hearing on Friday
Judge Juan Merchan said he intends to have the Sandoval hearing tomorrow if there's time left in the day.

What happens during a Sandoval hearing: A judge is asked whether previous bad acts can be brought up, and the judge is expected to weigh the probative value versus prejudicial effect of doing so, according to CNN legal analyst Karen Friedman Agnifilo.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

much ado wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 pm I think they're going to need more than six alternates after the death threats start coming in.
Only if Don Snoreleone gets hold of the names of the jurors.
Largo al factotum.
much ado

Post by much ado »

zekeb wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:13 pm
much ado wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:48 pm I think they're going to need more than six alternates after the death threats start coming in.
The judge provides enough detail about employment, etc., that jurors can be identified. One juror has already been excused because they had been identified.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

zekeb wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:13 pm
He has their names..

He will leak them
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Lots of very impressive women? Very bad for Trump, considering that E. Jean Carroll is now a heroine in NYC.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Prosecutor says they won't name witnesses in advance because of Trump's social media posts
Donald Trump attorney Todd Blanche asked for the names of prosecutors' first few witnesses because it's possible testimony could start as soon as Monday.

Prosecutor Joshua Steinglass said usually they would extend that courtesy, but because Trump posts on social media about the witnesses, "we're not telling him who the witnesses are."
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Judge says court plans to be in session Tuesday despite request from Trump team to break for Passover
Prosecutor Joshua Steinglass asks to confirm that Judge Juan Merchan intends the court go straight through until 2 p.m. ET on Monday and Tuesday for Passover.

The judge said that is his plan.

Trump attorney Todd Blanche said Monday is fine to break at lunch but asked that they do not sit on Tuesday because it's a holiday the entire day for one attorney on the team.

"I can appreciate it's a holiday, the entire day for him. It's not a court holiday," Merchan says.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/kylegriffin1/status/1781074017044111530
Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 wrote: Breaking on @MSNBC:

Trump attorney Todd Blanche asked who the DA's Office plans to call as their first three witnesses. Joshua Steinglass from office refused on the basis that Trump has been tweeting about them.

Judge Merchan said he doesn't blame the DA's office. Blanche said Trump won't tweet about the witnesses — to which Merchan said Blanche can't promise that.

Merchan refused to order the DA's office to name its first three witnesses.
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Also, word on the bird site is that CNN is doxxing the jurors. Will have to go peek.
raison de arizona

JFC.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”