George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You got my support for #TrumpSantos2024! I’ll even reopen my old Twitter account! To be clear, no money changes hands, right?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:14 am You got my support for #TrumpSantos2024! I’ll even reopen my old Twitter account! To be clear, no money changes hands, right?
Yabutt Noem has been kissing his gluteal fold lately.
Largo al factotum.
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

Luke wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:37 am Cross post from Roger Stone.

Now, it might seem like a long shot, but I'm doing my best to promote this so please jump in to support: #TrumpSantos2024
Just using Wikipedia to check his eligibility.

Age 35 or older: Yes (but only just)
14 years a U.S. resident Probably yes but not 14 continuous years. Might need a ruling on that one.
Born in the U.S. Oddly Wp implies it but doesn't seem to definitely say so.
Born to parents who were citizens at the time? Not certain. Please refer to Prof. Laity.
Approved as an nbC by Robert Laity? Too early to tell.
Has not engaged in insurrection or rebellion . Might be a problem.
bob

Post by bob »

Lansdowne wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:29 pm Born in the U.S. Oddly Wp implies it but doesn't seem to definitely say so.
Some jerk* over at the P&E commented that there's no evidence that Santos is even a U.S. citizen, but that didn't seem to bother the three remaining birthers. :think:

* :whistle:
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:46 pm
Lansdowne wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:29 pm Born in the U.S. Oddly Wp implies it but doesn't seem to definitely say so.
Some jerk* over at the P&E commented that there's no evidence that Santos is even a U.S. citizen, but that didn't seem to bother the three remaining birthers. :think:

* :whistle:
You know, you've been calling that guy a jerk for years. I really think you're being too hard on him. Maybe you should offer to buy him a nice cuppa joe and talk out your differences. Just sayin'. :biggrin:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Hidden Content
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

chancery wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:15 pm
Hidden Content
:yeahthat:

But with all love and affection, truly.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:11 pm :snippity:
But with all love and affection, truly.
Really? I suspect you envy some jerk*'s dexterity as he nimbly plucks Sharon's harp strings then slinks back into the shadows as onlookers gasp with mixed despair and delight. What a tease!
:biggrin: :biggrin:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I luvs a tease! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Sam the Centipede

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 am I luvs a tease! :biggrin:
:fingerwag: straighten your petticoats, put on a nice bonnet, tie it with a taffeta ribbon, and go for a brisk walk! :oldlady:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/23/politics ... index.html
Former New York Rep. George Santos, who was expelled from the House and is facing federal charges, announced Tuesday that he is withdrawing his bid for Congress in New York’s 1st District.

Santos, who previously represented New York’s 3rd Congressional District on Long Island, said in a social media post that he had decided to end his bid because he didn’t want to split the ticket with incumbent GOP Rep. Nick LaLota and “be responsible for handing the house to Dems.”

“Staying in this race all but guarantees a victory for the Dems in the race,” he said.

Santos also noted in the statement that he didn’t want his run to “be portrayed as reprisal against” LaLota, who has been an outspoken critic of Santos and introduced a resolution to expel him last fall.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:dance: :towel: :rotflmao:
“Hi NAMBLA, I just wanted to stop by to offer you my full support and that I am here for you if you need anything. I want to congratulate you on your success and on your anniversary this past December. I just wanted you to know that you’re doing a great job and you’re doing great things. The world is a better place because you. We all love you and I love you, NAMBLA. Mwah!”

– Former Rep. George Santos in a Cameo video apparently paid for by a troll. Santos is currently suing Jimmy Kimmel for pranking him with far less sinister fake Cameo messages and then running them on his show.

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

I am stunned that either a) he doesn't know what NAMBLA is, or b) he does thought that was worth the cash.

Sam the Centipede

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:09 am I am stunned that either a) he doesn't know what NAMBLA is, or b) he does thought that was worth the cash.
I couldn't remember what NAMBLA meant, one could fit any number of words to that acronym, but I think I would have found ten seconds or so to look it up if it was thrown at me.

Yukky people.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:47 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:09 am I am stunned that either a) he doesn't know what NAMBLA is, or b) he does thought that was worth the cash.
I couldn't remember what NAMBLA meant, one could fit any number of words to that acronym, but I think I would have found ten seconds or so to look it up if it was thrown at me.

Yukky people.
Researching who wants him to appear is none of his concern. He's an attention whore. He'd go to the opening of an envelope.
101010 :towel:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

northland10 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 am He'd go to the opening of an envelope.
:lol: :boxing:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:04 pm :dance: :towel: :rotflmao:
“Hi NAMBLA, I just wanted to stop by to offer you my full support and that I am here for you if you need anything. I want to congratulate you on your success and on your anniversary this past December. I just wanted you to know that you’re doing a great job and you’re doing great things. The world is a better place because you. We all love you and I love you, NAMBLA. Mwah!”

– Former Rep. George Santos in a Cameo video apparently paid for by a troll. Santos is currently suing Jimmy Kimmel for pranking him with far less sinister fake Cameo messages and then running them on his show.

https: //twitter.com/JoJoFromJerz/status/1782578619014856987
I saw this the other day. He is such a lazy buffoon. We should deport him just for being stupid.
Sam the Centipede

bill_g wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 am I saw this the other day. He is such a lazy buffoon. We should deport him just for being stupid.
Have some respect and consideration for that other country, The Rest Of The World. Your guy, your problem.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

:lol:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:56 am
bill_g wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:59 am I saw this the other day. He is such a lazy buffoon. We should deport him just for being stupid.
Have some respect and consideration for that other country, The Rest Of The World. Your guy, your problem.
There's probably something in the body of International Law that discourages sending Santos to another country (along with BooBo and MTG). It might be easier to send it to an adversary but I am pretty sure that is covered somewhere in Geneva Convention.
101010 :towel:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Exporting terrorism is generally not well regarded.

Also exporting toxic substances requires a boat load of paperwork
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:42 pm Exporting terrorism is generally not well regarded.

And in some cases I'd guess airtight containers.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Safety first
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:15 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:42 pm Exporting terrorism is generally not well regarded.

And in some cases I'd guess airtight containers.
Don't remind me.....

As a Yoot, one summer I was working and managing a team of Indian's, Bengali's and Pakistani's skilled labourers in the Middle East and got volun-told by my boss one morning that I was responsble for the repatriation of Raj No.4's mortal remains home after he had had and lost an argument with a speeding Nissan 280ZX.......

The paperwork was a nightmare, you can't just wrap 'em up in tin foil, slip 'em in a big plastic bag, seal with duct tape (not for ducts) and add stamps.

A doctors report, time of death record, coroners report, police report, magistrates report and conclusion that it was an accident and no fault was assigned (seemed a bit suspect to me but…), contract details, contact details, next of kin notification form, authorisation to release the deceased, assigned authorisation to accept the deceased (with my name already filled in), appointment form with the coroners office to hold or release, contact details for “preservation”, “storage”, “handling”, “packaging”, Indian Embassy contact details for an import licence, local Customs contact details for an export licence…Airline contact details for transport, “fixers” details in Bombay who would sort out transport from airport to home village etc etc etc.

Oh and lets not forget the doouble layered air and "liquid" tight coffins....which didn't react terribly well to being "mislaid for 3 weeks in a non air conditioned, stagnant aired warehouse in Bombay airport in the height of summer.......

I imagine the export paperwork on a toxic container of Squirming George would be equally as fun......

Return to “Current Politics”