CSPOA

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Baidn

CSPOA

Post by Baidn »

I wonder if the Oathkeeper sentence is going to put a bit more fear into these idiots. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of them slink back under rocks. Will be a big blow to donny boy too since he couldn't save them as they were counting on. I would expect to see him making "iron clad" (in quotes because you trust s**t from him) promises to pardon the lot in an attempt to blow on the embers of their hopes.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
Dave from down under

CSPOA

Post by Dave from down under »

I thought it was junior who was into blow..
pipistrelle

CSPOA

Post by pipistrelle »

I dig how it's called "political discourse."
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

CSPOA

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:00 am I dig how it's called "political discourse."
Well, they can't call it "political intercourse." It might offend the evangelicals among them.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

CSPOA

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Baidn wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:29 am I would expect to see him making "iron clad" (in quotes because you trust s**t from him) promises to pardon the lot in an attempt to blow on the embers of their hopes.
Excellent description!!!!!!!! :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

CSPOA

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:13 am
pipistrelle wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:00 am I dig how it's called "political discourse."
Well, they can't call it "political intercourse." It might offend the evangelicals among them.
:rotflmao: You have been on a roll!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

CSPOA

Post by Ben-Prime »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:17 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:13 am
:rotflmao: You have been on a roll!
I blame home leave. Since a week ago Thursday, I'm on my obligatory 20-40 business day leave between assignments, spent in the U.S. (like, literally I can't even go to Canada or Mexico during home leave under federal law), so I'm without a car (I rent for a few days at a time and otherwise use foot or pedal power) and enjoying having only minimal responsibilities at the moment. Other than gathering the info to bid on the next assignment after this coming one-year gig I start in July, and doing some stuff on my own honey-do list, I'm free to relax, recuperate, and be a wit.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

CSPOA

Post by Slim Cognito »

:clap:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
John Thomas8

CSPOA

Post by John Thomas8 »

Little reichsfurher in Cherokee County, NC, is dragging the CSPOA to North Carolina:

https://www.bpr.org/bpr-news/2023-09-05 ... -in-murphy
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

CSPOA

Post by raison de arizona »

Devin Burghart @dburghart wrote: At #CSPOAVegas, Richard Mack goes off on the far-right Republic vs Democracy lie fused with election denialism - "We want to turn back, and make America the Constitutional Republic she was meant to be."
Last time I checked a constitutional republic is a form of democracy :shrug:
The Constitution establishes a federal democratic republic form of government. That is, we have an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States. It is a democracy because people govern themselves. It is representative because people choose elected officials by free and secret ballot. It is a republic because the Government derives its power from the people.
https://clyburn.house.gov/fun-youth/us-government
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

CSPOA

Devin Burghart @dburghart wrote: #CSPOAVegas now going full-on white nationalist Great Replacement Theory. Wayne Allyn Root adds a teachers' union twist.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

CSPOA

A sheriff, a felon and a conspiracy theorist walk into a hotel. They’re there for the same conference.
The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association is urging lawmen to form posses, seize voting machines and investigate baseless claims of voter fraud.

A conference for a far-right sheriffs group this week drew a parade of felons, disgraced politicians, election deniers, conspiracy theorists and, in the end, a few sheriffs.

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, or CSPOA, met in Las Vegas’ Ahern Luxury Boutique Hotel conference center to publicly counter reports of extremism within the group and set a course for the coming election — one that involves sheriffs’ investigating what they claim, despite a lack of evidence, is rampant voter fraud.

The group sees sheriffs as the highest authority in the U.S., more powerful than the federal government, and it wants these county officers to form posses to patrol polling places, seize voting machines and investigate the Democrats and foreign nations behind what they claim is a criminal effort to rig the vote by flooding the country with immigrants who vote illegally.

Critics of the group — including voting rights advocates and extremism researchers — fear the CSPOA’s new focus will amount to interference and legitimize disinformation about U.S. elections.

But the event Wednesday, which starred MAGA celebrities speaking to a half-empty audience made up of few actual sheriffs, pointed to just how fringe the group’s ideas are — and how what once seemed like a movement on its way into the mainstream has lost political pull.
:snippity:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/co ... rcna147487

Return to “Other weirdos”