The Stupid Thread

Sam the Centipede

The Stupid Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:32 am My KJV is a beautifully written work of art.
Indeed it has some majestic and sonorous prose, which I believe was a stated aim of the translation project.
But it influenced my family for countless generations, mostly (I think) for the better. My father's faith is undeniably strong, and he uses it only for good.
That's obviously a good thing. Especially if your forebears ignored the advice about slavery. But I remember being amused at my mother's funeral when the priest indicated that my mother's christian faith gave her good morals and I thought "No, you didn't know my ma properly, she'd have rejected any part of the religion that didn't fit with her kind and generous beliefs, always humane if not humanist."

And I sincerely believe that the Christians on this forum would remain good people if they abandoned their church-going and praying; they wouldn't rampage around malls with firearms or sacrifice their children. Some might even improve!

It might seem unfair to religious folk, but when your religion is viewed by outsiders, we don't just see the kind folk, we also see the supremacists, dominionists, misogynists, etc.
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

And I sincerely believe that the Christians on this forum would remain good people if they abandoned their church-going and praying; they wouldn't rampage around malls with firearms or sacrifice their children. Some might even improve!
Well, that was certainly Stupid, so it's on topic. :dance:
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

Christ.jpg
Christ.jpg (32.42 KiB) Viewed 876 times
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

If only he had a cellphone to call for help.

This was posted seven months ago. He's probably starved to death, and the coyotes have spread his bones across the prairie.

Oh, wait! He posted a second video where they brought in a dozer to fill in the hole behind him. That means he backed his rig up for a long ways until he could find a flat to turn around. That's an achievement in itself.

So, he's safe, back in civilization, and still posting videos.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

Las Vegas Locally 🌴 @LasVegasLocally wrote: Federal authorities are looking for two men who were caught on video damaging protected rock formations at Lake Mead National Recreation Area last weekend.

Who knows these asshats?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Fear not - when the greenhouse gases are thick enough the solar farms will no longer suck too much energie out of the sun ... :brickwallsmall:
NC town rejects solar farm, fearing it would suck up all the energy from the sun

WTVD
Monday, December 14, 2015

NORTHAMPTON COUNTY (WTVD) -- Leaders in the small North Carolina town of Woodland rejected a new solar farm after residents expressed concerns that it would "suck up all the energy from the sun."

The Roanoke-Chowan News Herald reports the Woodland Town Council denied approval of the solar farm and put a moratorium on others after citizens expressed distrust and fear of the solar panels.

One resident, a retired Northampton County science teacher, reportedly said she was concerned that photosynthesis would not happen after she said she observed areas near solar panels where plants were brown and dead because they did not get enough sunlight.

Another resident reportedly questioned the high number of cancer deaths in the area, saying no one could tell her that solar panels didn't cause cancer.

According to the newspaper, solar farm companies seeked placement around Woodland because it has an electrical substation and the solar power generated by the panels can be hooked up to the electrical grid.

Three other solar farms had previously been accepted by the town council.

https://abc11.com/sun-solar-panels-energy/1122081/
raison de arizona

The Stupid Thread

Great plan, Dan.
Heartland Signal @HeartlandSignal wrote: Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R) says that if officials lock up 15% of the population, there will be no crime:

"Only about 15% of all Americans commit 100% of the crime ... If you lock up the 15%, we don't have any crime."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Florida man’s trip overseas ends in sticker shock over $143,000 phone bill

ABC Action News
17 Apr 2024

Floridian Rene Remund and his wife toured Switzerland last September. But when they got home, their cell phone bill had jumped higher than the Swiss Alps. Remund and his wife said they travel frequently and always notify their cell phone carrier before they leave the United States. In this case, Rene said he visited a T-Mobile store to share his travel plan. He's also been a T-Mobile customer for nearly 30 years. “They said you’re covered. Whatever that meant. You're covered,” Rene said.
PS. a additional local Swiss data abo would cost approx $30 per month, several cheaper e-SIM options on the market. Buy directly from the web shops.

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

The Stupid Thread

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:20 am
:snippity:

Surprisingly, around the same time as this guy was making up the Rapture, Atheists were making up the lie that people thought the Earth was flat in the Middle ages, and Columbus was a Hero. There must have been a lot of lying in the air in the first half of the 19th century.
Bu...bu...but Eoin Warner says that as recently as the 6th century folks DID belive that the Earth was flat.

Which Irishman is right? Who to believe?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Please don't start with the Young Earthers too, also :violin:
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

TX - Return a library book late and you have an arrest warrant for theft of government property :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
'I am just shocked' | Texas mother shares warning after warrant issued for her arrest over overdue l

KHOU 11
2 Apr 2024

Kaylee Morgan said there's a warrant out for her arrest in Navasota after she failed to pay a citation for not returning a library book she checked out in 2023.

raison de arizona

The Stupid Thread

A criminal offense to return a book late to the library? It's almost like Texas doesn't want people using the library. Nah...
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

*sigh* This should be a tragic tale. From reading the comments, the background here is that this girl was trafficked, she has no family, and she was in an institution where they took care of her till she turned 18. the problem is that rather than have a transition program they are literally put out onto the street with just a Monthly check for support. She is a victim of a bad system and bad people. You would have to work extremely hard to make me not be extremely sympathetic to her, as basically she is trying to scream "PLEASE just take me back to where it was safe!"

BUT BOY, SHE DOES IT! Zero Sympathy alert!

From the first sentence out of her mouth she acts like an entitled little shit. Forst word out of her mouth was "Boo!" Then "GO AWAY NOW-A!" "LEAVE-A" And insisting she left the car like the Officer asked her to because she stood out of the car for a second and got back in. And then when the officer's backup arrives and he has finally has had enough of her screaming at him doing the straight arm up Beyonce wave in his face, it takes 3 officers to handle her. And then it just keeps getting worse. She winds up in a restraining harness, helmet and Spit guard. And she keeps it up for hours.

I'm giving you the Radical one as his snarky comments are a blessed relief from her howling.

I looked at the body Cam Video and she was charged with Concealing Identity, Resisting arrest, and Battery on a Peace officer. Ragical has all but a few seconds of it but if you want to check it out here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SehfTTwwYrM

(As an aside, the Straight Arm had wave does not work in any situation where you are not an extra being paid minimum wage to look intimidated.)
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

The Stupid Thread

Goof grief, I want to feel badly for her. But she's an adult and needs to start acting like one.

Besides, people just don't seem to want to talk about the problems facing our galaxy. Speaking of stupid shit. At least this one is a bit funny.
Eddie ‘Liger’ Smith @EdbieLigerSmith wrote: Comedian Walter Masterson gets almost instantly attacked by Zionist protestors for talking about Star Wars… the media won’t show you this because they’re too busy trying to portray the pro-Palestinian protestors as violent.
sugar magnolia

The Stupid Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 am Goof grief, I want to feel badly for her. But she's an adult and needs to start acting like one.

Besides, people just don't seem to want to talk about the problems facing our galaxy. Speaking of stupid shit. At least this one is a bit funny.

Comedian Walter Masterson gets almost instantly attacked by Zionist protestors for talking about Star Wars… the media won’t show you this because they’re too busy trying to portray the pro-Palestinian protestors as violent.

"Her" who?
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am
raison de arizona wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 am Goof grief, I want to feel badly for her. But she's an adult and needs to start acting like one.

Comedian Walter Masterson gets almost instantly attacked by Zionist protestors for talking about Star Wars… the media won’t show you this because they’re too busy trying to portray the pro-Palestinian protestors as violent.

"Her" who?
I’m assuming this one.
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 78#p259447
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 am I’m assuming this one.
I think she has me blocked. And probably needs to remind me every so often. :|
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:39 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 am I’m assuming this one.
I think she has me blocked. And probably needs to remind me every so often. :|
I found the "her" reference confusing and had to go back to figure out which post it was.
sugar magnolia

The Stupid Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 am

"Her" who?
I’m assuming this one.
It's on a post about a male comedian named Walter?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

The Stupid Thread

Post by Foggy »

This is why my preferred gender pronouns are who? and huh? :thumbsup:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Suranis

The Stupid Thread

Post by Suranis »

Apparently my sex is "Never." :bag:
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 am

"Her" who?
I’m assuming this one.
It's on a post about a male comedian named Walter?
That's in response to a post about a woman, but it's not clear since the posts are unrelated.
raison de arizona

The Stupid Thread

:bag:

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”