Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Post by Suranis »

I grow less impressed by US Judges.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:10 pm Tick Tock MFer.

Well dear Donald, this case is not per se about you paying her out to keep quiet about your qualitime time out searhing for the mushroom.

It's about the bad bookkeeping of the payments, the falsification of payment reasons, and hiding them in company records rather than directly in your name on your personal account.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

MTN Michael Popok on a motion never seen before, the judges daughter did it and papa must recuse himself :doh: :brickwallsmall:

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

More than 500 New Yorkers set to be considered as jurors in Trump's "hush money" trial

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-tria ... selection/
Several hundred Manhattan residents were recently sent notices to appear at the borough's criminal court on April 15. Whether they know it or not, they're under consideration to be jurors in perhaps the most high-profile criminal trial in U.S. history.

Lawyers for former President Donald Trump and Manhattan prosecutors are poised to scrutinize more than 500 potential jurors when his trial gets underway, according to two sources, a staggering number that reflects the magnitude of the case itself.

The attorneys will review their responses to lengthy questionnaires before interviewing many of them individually in court, with the goal of reaching consensus on who should be selected. It's an arduous process that's designed to ferret out prospective jurors who can't put aside their biases, and it could take days or even weeks.

Ultimately, the group will be whittled down to 12 jurors and a few alternates. They'll be tasked with deciding whether the former president illegally falsified business records after his attorney paid "hush money" to an adult film star days before the 2016 election. He faces 34 felony counts and has pleaded not guilty.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump says going to jail for gag order violation would be a ‘great honor,’ compares himself to Mandela

PUBLISHED SAT, APR 6 20246:14 PM EDT UPDATED SAT, APR 6 20246:58 PM EDT
Rebecca Picciotto

KEY POINTS
  • Donald Trump posted on Truth Social that it would be his “great honor” to be jailed for violating his gag order in his New York hush money trial.
    “I will gladly become a Modern Day Nelson Mandela,” the former president said.
    The incendiary comments come just over a week before the trial is set to begin on April 15.
Donald Trump on Saturday said he welcomed the prospect of going to jail for violating a gag order in his upcoming New York hush money trial.

“I will gladly become a Modern Day Nelson Mandela — It will be my GREAT HONOR,” the former president wrote in a lengthy Truth Social post attacking New York State Supreme Court Judge Juan Merchan, who is presiding over Trump’s case.

It was not the first time Trump has likened himself to a martyr as he faces a flurry of criminal charges.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/06/trump-b ... honor.html
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It's kind of fun to think of the scrambling the oh-so-loyal Secret Service would have to do if he did have to go to jail, and where he'd end up (solitary, presumably, but with agents).
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:51 pm
Trump says going to jail for gag order violation would be a ‘great honor,’ compares himself to Mandela

Rebecca Picciotto

KEY POINTS
  • Donald Trump posted on Truth Social that it would be his “great honor” to be jailed for violating his gag order in his New York hush money trial.
    The incendiary comments come just over a week before the trial is set to begin on April 15.
Donald Trump on Saturday said he welcomed the prospect of going to jail for violating a gag order in his upcoming New York hush money trial.

“I will gladly become a Modern Day Nelson Mandela — It will be my GREAT HONOR,” the former president wrote in a lengthy Truth Social post attacking New York State Supreme Court Judge Juan Merchan, who is presiding over Trump’s case.

It was not the first time Trump has likened himself to a martyr as he faces a flurry of criminal charges.

Come on, your honor! CALL HIS BLUFF!!!!
realist

Post by realist »

I would be happy for him to be a martry like Nelson Mandela. 27 years in prison sounds good to me.
Image X 4
Image X 32
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

First Jesus Christ, then Nelson Mandela. Next, I expect him to compare himself to Gandhi, Mother Theresa, and Buddha.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

SuzieC wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:48 pm First Jesus Christ, then Nelson Mandela. Next, I expect him to compare himself to Gandhi, Mother Theresa, and Buddha.
While the rest of us compare him to Adolph and Benito.
Largo al factotum.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I’ve always seen him as Caligula
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

noblepa wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:38 pm

Rebecca Picciotto

KEY POINTS
    T...

Come on, your honor! CALL HIS BLUFF!!!!
Oblige him.jpg
Oblige him.jpg (100.57 KiB) Viewed 496 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dave from down under wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:28 pm I’ve always seen him as Caligula
Especially, I suppose, if one looks at Caligula's relationship with his horse the way DJT deals with the Sycophant Prime of the moment -- lavishing temporary attention to such a ludicrous degree.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I wonder which intern wrote that. No way would Dimwit even admit the possibility of going to jail. He was probably screaming when he heard about it. Then pretended it was his idea when he saw the coverage it got.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Like Mandela, a fighter against Apartheid, help the White Supremacist :blackeye:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

He should talk to his buddy Peter who's close by at the Miami area fed pen. Or Manafort. Or his son-in-law's dad who was in fed prison in Alabama.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump to Sue Judge in Last-Ditch Attempt to Avert Manhattan Trial
Donald J. Trump’s lawyers indicated they would file an action asking an appeals court to delay the first prosecution of a former president. The move is unlikely to succeed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/08/nyre ... 595e2e6e66
The lawsuit was not immediately made public, but court records showed on Monday that Mr. Trump was filing an action against the judge, Juan M. Merchan, in an 11th-hour bid to delay the case. An online court docket where Mr. Trump is filing the action showed that the related paperwork was sealed.

Two people with knowledge of the matter said that Mr. Trump’s lawyers on Monday planned to file the action calling on an appeals court to delay the trial and to challenge a gag order that Justice Merchan recently imposed on the former president. The order prevents Mr. Trump from attacking witnesses, prosecutors and the judge’s own family.

Mr. Trump’s unorthodox move — essentially an appeal in the form of a lawsuit — is unlikely to succeed, particularly so close to trial.

And the appeals court might act fast to reject it. A single appeals court judge will most likely issue a preliminary ruling on Monday, setting up a full five-judge panel to consider Mr. Trump’s request in the coming days.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Jinx! :cry:

Here's a gift link to the article: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/08/nyre ... =url-share

And another snippet:
In a separate filing with the appeals court on Monday, Mr. Trump was expected to ask the court to move the trial outside Manhattan. The request reflects his deep unpopularity in the solidly Democratic borough.
These are special proceedings under Article 78 rather than interlocutory appeals. Dunno the tactical purpose of proceding this way. Trump's lawyers got burned by their choice last December.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/harrylitman/status/ ... 937899691
Harry Litman
@harrylitman
Trump's latest desperate move of personally suing Merchan in the appellate division is reminiscent of his initial gambit in Palm Beach, where judge Cannon permitted him to take the whole action off track. But won't happen here. Imagine if a criminal defendant could do this...
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Trump's papers are listed in a new First Department docket, but they're not available for downloading. Press accounts have stated that they have been filed under seal, but I can't think of a justification for that treatment. I think it's more likely that the papers are unavailable because are still being processed by the court staff, particularly since Trump is seeking immediate interim relief.

Also, too, NYS practices with respect to docketing (mostly not docketing) filings in criminal cases are obscure and secretive.

Edit: there's no mention of a request for sealed treatment in the docket.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

chancery wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:34 pm These are special proceedings under Article 78 rather than interlocutory appeals.
I'm relying on press accounts for this statement, but the First Department docket (2024-02365) refers to a notice of appeal, which would make more sense to me.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/frankrunyeon/status ... 1782814821
We are still waiting. What will follow is among the odd things in NY courts:

One side tells the other they're seeking emergency relief, with little notice. They show up, hoping a judge will see them. If so, they go to a little room. No steno. They argue. The judge rules.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:pray: I predict that the case will be thrown out and the ruling will say that petitioner did not show any case law in support ... :blackeye:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

So desperate. Oh, well.

They are really panicking now, thinking of the most obscure and zany things to file to delay or derail this trial. Anybody creative enough to think of another delay tactic? I've got a couple:

Trump tries to move/delay the trial because the building has mold and bothers his allergies.
One of his lawyers is pregnant and the trial will cause stress which might affect her pregnancy.
One of his grandkids has a school play that week.
Melania has kidney surgery that week and he needs to support her.

Whatcha got?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Donnie jnr phones in bomb threats.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”