Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Suranis wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:30 pm Ya it got in fashion a few years ago to call everything and emotional support animal. What seems to have gotten everyone yelling "ENOUGH!" was when a story went viral of a Woman trying to bring her emotional support Peacock onto a plane.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42880690
A female traveller was recently banned from taking a large "emotional-support peacock" on board a United Airlines flight, it has emerged.

She had offered to buy the bird its own plane ticket, according to travel blog Live and Let Fly.

Nonetheless the airline refused to let the bird board at Newark airport in New Jersey, saying it did not meet guidelines due to its weight and size.

United says this was explained to the traveller before she arrived at Newark.

Pictures of the striking bird and its owner, attempting to travel to Los Angeles, emerged via The Jet Set, a travel-based talk show.

The images show the animal perched on an airport baggage trolley, as fellow passengers gaze at it in shock.

After six hours at the airport, the exotic bird and its human companions decided to take to the road and instead drive across the US.

Real emotional support animals are highly trained, and don't allow people to pet them.
I'm wondering who trained and certified Wally.
Attachments
wally.jpg
wally.jpg (77.06 KiB) Viewed 938 times
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

bill_g wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:47 am My read is there was a secondary goal of raising Rittenhouse's public credibility by association. He was asked to speak at a university as if he was a subject matter expert worth the time investment to listen to.

Basically I imagine it was planned a win-win for TPUSA. If his appearance sparks controversy, he gets press time as a martyr for the cause once again. That's good for the grifting. OTOH, if his appearance goes well, it becomes a net positive for his resume, and they can parlay that for future events.

The absolute worst thing that could have happened to him was no one attended his lecture, that no controversies emerged, and he fizzled into a big yawn. Apathy rather than antipathy would have spelled his doom.
I think what happened is actually the worst for him, he froze up, couldn't respond (could barely try to deflect) and eventually ran away to cry. Then he lied about it in a way that won't even seem plausible to most people.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

andersweinstein wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:28 am
Baidn wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 pm This went even better than I hoped :popcorn: I wonder if his fawning defender will talk about how rude they were?
Is that me?

You are a fawning Rittenhouse fanboy who wants the same outcomes that white supremacist do.
"...don't teach a man to fish. He's a grown man and fishings not that hard." Ron Swanson the worlds only good libertarian
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Baidn wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:11 pm I think what happened is actually the worst for him, he froze up, couldn't respond (could barely try to deflect) and eventually ran away to cry. Then he lied about it in a way that won't even seem plausible to most people.
Yeah, even some of his fanboys on twitter thought his performance was pathetic.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

For a lot of them it's just more of their perpetual victimhood.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Baidn wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:12 pm You are a fawning Rittenhouse fanboy who wants the same outcomes that white supremacist do.
I can't believe you're reading me seriously if you think that. But on outcomes:

First, on principle, a case should be decided on the facts and law without any consideration of the effect of the outcome. My opinion has always been that he had a pretty strong self-defense case and his liberal haters have been blinded to that fact by lack of information and prejudice and attachment to a false narrative in some quarters of liberal media. Desiring some outcome is not a consideration.

But second, I don't believe the verdict will have any deleterious outcome. No rational person should want to go through what Rittenhouse went through simply because he was acquitted in the end. If not for the extremely unusual circumstance that he was able to crowdfund 2 million dollars cash bail (no bond in WI), he would have languished in pre-trial detention for over a year. And any jury trial is a crapshoot, he was under non-zero risk of a mandatory life sentence no matter how good he thought his case was. And of course in other cases like the one in Austin, right-winger shooters have been convicted. And now it is impossible for him to lead a normal life; he will be vilified by one side wherever he goes.

True, people are not always rational. Perhaps a malignant idiot does look at all that and think "hey, Rittenhouse got off, I can shoot protestors too". But there's no accounting for what idiots think. I never believed we're going to see a spate of people wanting to emulate Rittenhouse simply because he was lucky enough to be acquitted in the end. I think that's been borne out.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:rotflmao:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Unpopular opinion: I think Anders makes some good points. I don’t agree with them, but they are well thought out and valid and I hate to see him crapped on.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Baidn wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:11 pm I think what happened is actually the worst for him, he froze up, couldn't respond (could barely try to deflect) and eventually ran away to cry. Then he lied about it in a way that won't even seem plausible to most people.
Thinking on this, you have a point. He really is unprepared for this. Perhaps his days as a cause celebre are over.

OTOH, he has a narcissistic streak fed by those hoping to profit off him compelling him to get out in front again only to get smacked down over and over. It's almost tragic.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:21 pm Unpopular opinion: I think Anders makes some good points. I don’t agree with them, but they are well thought out and valid and I hate to see him crapped on.
I agree with Anders about the verdict not necessarily causing others to follow Rittenhouse’s example. I agree with raison about Anders being crapped on. I never understood the tinder point the Rittenhouse case caused on the Fogbow.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Baidn

Post by Baidn »

andersweinstein wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:32 pm
Baidn wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:12 pm You are a fawning Rittenhouse fanboy who wants the same outcomes that white supremacist do.
I can't believe you're reading me seriously if you think that.
I'm sure you disavow David Duke too
andersweinstein

If anyone is interested, this has KR's whole session at WKU.
Gives his story of shootings.
Goes into pro-gun rights screeds I could do without.
Interestingly to me, disavows "lies of BLM" in the promotion (which understandably set off some questioners). Said he had nothing to do with the promotion and is not going to talk about "lies of BLM". I believe him, but it's just stupid, all of TPUSA's promotions have this provocative line in it.
It does seem correct his spiel is planned for only 30 minutes including Q&A.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:21 pm Unpopular opinion: I think Anders makes some good points. I don’t agree with them, but they are well thought out and valid and I hate to see him crapped on.
I stopped reading them when it became clear it was always going to be, "My take on the evidence is the correct one, and any other is wrong." We all think that way about our particular takes on anything, but things like KR's fake tears on the stand were a "panic attack" did my head in. I think it best not to crap on so much as move on.
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:22 pm I stopped reading them when it became clear it was always going to be, "My take on the evidence is the correct one, and any other is wrong."
:yeahthat:

And "bonus" repackaging of opinion as fact.
Image ImageImage
Dave from down under

My triggers are

Hypocrites
Liars
Killers
Enablers
Apologists
Gaslighters
Vigilantes

I’m fully triggered
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

How does a video from KY "prove" anything about his speech at Memphis?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

bob wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 am
pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:22 pm I stopped reading them when it became clear it was always going to be, "My take on the evidence is the correct one, and any other is wrong."
:yeahthat:

And "bonus" repackaging of opinion as fact.
:yeahthat: I quit reading his posts months ago and seriously doubt that I've missed a darn thing.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
andersweinstein

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 am How does a video from KY "prove" anything about his speech at Memphis?
It doesn't "prove" anything, but since it wasn't disrupted, he was able to talk, I think it gives a sense of what his presentation is supposed to be like. This is a planned tour of certain college campuses in which his coming and going looks managed by security people and the first part of the talk looks rehearsed so I think all the stops are planned to be similar. The only thing I thought it supports (not "proves") is his claim that his appearance is planned to last only about 30 minutes. That's a bit short for an invited speaker -- an hour is much more usual -- but that brief in-and-out seems to be what they are doing, if the WKU event is any guide.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, there are basically two possibilities here.

(a) The Talk was planed for longer, but Hunky Kyle had had enough of being challenged. He cut the talk short, grabbed the Dogs lead and stomped off the stage in a temper.

(b) The Talk was genuinely only planed for half an hour. Hunky Kyle saw the organizer give him the nod that the time was up. But he didn't do the pleasantries of thanking the crowd for coming etc. Instead he immediately grabbed the dogs lead and stomped off the stage in a temper.

Frankly, when you look at it like that, whether the talk was planed for half an hour or longer than that is irrelevant and impossible to prove. Either way, it was his behavior at the end of the night that marks him down as a petulant child. Whom, you could say, would cheerfully shoot someone who didn't respect his authoritay!!

Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

He wasn't there to be polite, respectful, or even gracious. He was there to try to drum up a controversy and then stomp out, so that's what he did. And hay, it got him another 30 seconds in the American conversation, even though he made himself look like a petulant child doing it. Woot. That's a small success. Tiny.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Dave from down under

5.56mm full metal jacket tiny/puny

Without a gun he is nothing
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

He still looks like Charlie McCarthy.

And he's still being used like Charlie too.
bob

Post by bob »

RVInit wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am I quit reading his posts months ago and seriously doubt that I've missed a darn thing.
Nothing, like you've heard before.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

If you do not have bone spurs and want to make a change in your old days ...
ACE THE ASVAB
Take a Practice ASVAB Test

You’ve heard taking the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is your ticket to a great U.S. military career. If you’re serious about joining the military, then it’s time also to get serious about taking the ASVAB by using ASVAB practice tests.

What is the ASVAB test?

The ASVAB is a timed, multi-aptitude test, which is given at more than 14,000 schools and Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS) nationwide and is developed and maintained by the Defense Department (DoD).

Before your oath of enlistment you must take the ASVAB.

The ASVAB helps the DoD not just determine whether you are a good fit to join the service, but also which service branch you might be best for and even what military jobs you can hold after you finish basic training or boot camp. The better your ASVAB score, the broader your options.

You can start preparing now by taking our ASVAB practice tests (click or tap on the test links in the header above). These tests will give you an idea of how you'll score and identify areas for improvement. Then, use our suggested resources and ASVAB study guides to learn how to prepare for the ASVAB test.

https://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/asvab

Return to “Other weirdos”