Republicans behaving badly

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:00 pm :snippity:

“They start with the children, conditioning them because it helps the ducks and the geese for example. So, it must be a good thing because it helps people.”
[/quote]

And for the record Ricky...Silver Spoons sucked ass....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Never watched it, never will.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Effing demented.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Totally normal way to make a minor mishap much worse.
ABC News 4 @ABCNews4 wrote: Video footage shows former state senator John Kuhn knock down a man with his vehicle after the man attempted to stop Kuhn from leaving the scene of a collision he caused. (Provided)

Read more at: https://bit.ly/3VmPoyu
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:10 pm And for the record Ricky...Silver Spoons sucked ass....
I liked it. Pretty gentle comedy for the most part.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:16 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:10 pm And for the record Ricky...Silver Spoons sucked ass....
I agree. For being standard par-for-course it fit with other pre-teen and adolescent comedies on TV. There were many episodes that had teachable moments, but I guess "The Ricker" never learned a thing.

Wonder if Rick got back the 50k he contributed to Kyles bond...
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:22 pm
Suranis wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:16 pm
I agree. For being standard par-for-course it fit with other pre-teen and adolescent comedies on TV. There were many episodes that had teachable moments, but I guess "The Ricker" never learned a thing.

Wonder if Rick got back the 50k he contributed to Kyles bond...
*$150k.

And he's an asshat that has been arrested twice for domestic violence. And he's a dick to people just doing their jobs.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Social Security head warns against raising retirement age after GOP proposal

https://thehill.com/homenews/4548594-so ... press.coop
Social Security Administration (SSA) commissioner Martin O’Malley warned that raising the retirement age for the program would disproportionately hurt blue-collar workers, the day after the Republican Study Committee (RSC) released a proposal to raise the age.

The RSC, which comprises nearly 80 percent of House Republicans, released a budget proposal on Wednesday that would raise the age of Social Security eligibility “to account for increases in life expectancy,” though it did not provide specifics. The current full retirement age for the program is 67.

“[Americans] want their government to strengthen [Social Security] and expand it — not to cut it, contract it or gut its customer service,” O’Malley said at a House Ways and Means committee hearing on Thursday.

“For those who would advocate raising the age, I think we have to be mindful of people who do hard work their whole lives, and die sooner,” he said.

Democratic lawmakers slammed the RSC budget proposal.

“I don’t know about you, but I don’t think that Americans should be forced to work till they drop dead,” Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) said.

“Underfunding of SSA is an attack on hard-working Americans and their earned benefits — this is no entitlement, but earned benefits,” Rep. John Larson (D-Conn.) said.

Republicans largely avoided the topic during the hearing.

The RSC proposal noted Biden supported raising the age from 65 to 67 as a senator in the 1980s. It said action on Social Security was again necessary given projections that the program will be insolvent within a decade under the status quo.

“With insolvency approaching in the 10-year budget window, Congress has a moral and practical obligation to address the problems with Social Security,” the RSC proposal read.

Biden has proposed raising payroll taxes on Americans earning over $400,000 in order to keep the program fully funded.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Scrap the FUCKING cap.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Wasn't SS supposed to be belly up 10 years ago or so? It seems like they SS is about to collapse meme has been going on since forever.

That the repubs have not been able to fiddle with it is probably why it has not failed yet.
101010 :towel:
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

The RSC, which comprises nearly 80 percent of House Republicans, released a budget proposal on Wednesday that would raise the age of Social Security eligibility “to account for increases in life expectancy,” though it did not provide specifics. The current full retirement age for the program is 67.
In recent years, Americans' life expectancy has been DECREASING.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why ... 2210202835
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

A recently former Virginia state legislator is being held on narcotics and gun charges and charges of violating a protective order taken out by a former girlfriend. This fine piece of work was recently acquitted of felony charges from an assault on the same girlfriend in March 2023.

He forgot to file his paperwork to run for re-election as a Republican last year, so he ran as an independent and was trounced, which is surprising because he's from the rural southwestern part of the state.

But he's really not a bad guy, because, as the article reports,
According to the biography on his website, which is no longer online, Fariss is married, and he cited his wife, Crystal, and their three children as the reason he was running for office. His website also described him as “first and foremost a Christian family man committed to serving his family and community.”
Full story here: https://cardinalnews.org/2024/03/24/for ... n-charges/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The CardinalNews reporting on a CardinalSin ;)
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Justice is investigating intimidation of election workers.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Congressman rebuked for call to bomb Gaza ‘like Nagasaki and Hiroshima’
Civil rights group denounces congressmember Tim Walberg’s calls to ‘get it over quick’ as a ‘clear call to genocide’

Ramon Antonio Vargas
Sun 31 Mar 2024 11.00 CEST

Rather than provide humanitarian aid in Gaza, the US should ensure it is subjected to atomic bombing the way that “Nagasaki and Hiroshima” were at the end of the second world war, a Republican congressman said in shocking remarks that by all indications were recorded recently at a gathering with a relatively small group of his constituents.

The comments by US House representative Tim Walberg of Michigan drew condemnation from progressive political quarters, including from some who expressed disbelief that a former Christian pastor would advocate for what they called the genocide of Palestinians in Gaza.

“A sitting US rep in a secret town hall feels comfortable musing privately about genocide,” said a user on X who circulated video of Walberg’s comments late Friday. A reply to that comment read: “Exactly what Jesus would do, right?”

Entries on Walberg’s congressional calendar – along with videos on social media – establish that he met with members of the public in Dundee, Michigan, on 25 March. As Mediaite recounted Saturday, a clip of the session that was posted on YouTube and other sites, and recorded by an activist, showed Walberg telling his audience that the US should not spend a “dime” on humanitarian aid in Gaza, where Israel has been carrying out a military campaign for months.

The aid would be better spent on supporting Israel, which Walberg labeled the US’s “greatest ally, arguably, anywhere in the world”.

“It should be like Nagasaki and Hiroshima,” Walberg said, alluding to the Japanese cities where the US dropped atomic bombs at the end of the second world war, killing hundreds of thousands of people. “Get it over quick.”

Walberg also spoke in favor of affording similar treatment to Ukraine, which has been defending itself from a Russian military invasion since 2022. But Walberg said the purpose there would be to topple Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s forces expeditiously rather than spend the bulk of US “funding for Ukraine … for humanitarian purposes” as the war there dragged out.

“Defeat Putin quick,” Walberg said.

Once video footage of Walberg’s pronouncements went viral, the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) issued a statement denouncing the congressman’s declarations as a “clear call to genocide”.

“This … should be condemned by all Americans who value human life and international law,” Cair’s executive director, Dawud Walid, said in a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ssman-gaza
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Like a nuke would have limited fallout never reaching into Israel, and not to think of the Israeli hostages still held by Hamas :blackeye: :brickwallsmall:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Mork has the solution in the first 30 seconds.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Walberg overlooks the fact that Putin has nuclear weapons with which to respond.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:45 am
Walberg overlooks the fact that Putin has nuclear weapons with which to respond.
That just means you have to defeat him quigly.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

GOP Congressman walks back remarks on using nuclear weapons in Gaza: ‘I was using a metaphor’

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4566 ... press.coop
Rep. Tim Walberg (R-Mich.) clarified Sunday that his comments that Gaza should be “like Hiroshima and Nagasaki” were not literal, backing off remarks that many interpreted to be endorsing the use of nuclear weapons.

Walberg made the comments at a town hall meeting with constituents last week, with a video going viral in recent days. He said that the U.S. “shouldn’t be spending a dime on humanitarian aid,” in the Israel-Hamas war and that Gaza “should be like Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Get it over quick. The same should be in Ukraine.”

In a statement Sunday, Walberg said the words were merely a metaphor.

“As a child who grew up in the Cold War era, the last thing I’d advocate for would be the use of nuclear weapons,” he wrote. “In a shortened clip, I used a metaphor to convey the need for both Israel and Ukraine to win their wars as swiftly as possible, without putting American troops in harms way.

“My reasoning was the exact opposite of what is being reported: the quicker these wars end, the fewer innocent lives will be caught in the crossfire,” he continued. “The sooner Hamas and Russia surrender, the easier it will be to move forward. The use of this metaphor, along with the removal of context, distorted my message, but I fully stand by our allies.”
He thinks that Russia will ever surrender to Ukraine? :roll:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

The only thing that would have made that walk-back 'better' is if he'd said something like "When I said we should literally go nuclear on them, I didn't mean we should actually go nuclear on them. I meant literally."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:24 pm Scrap the FUCKING cap.
Wait up here.

There's a limit on FUCKING? We gotta get gummit out of our bedrooms!
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:24 am Like a nuke would have limited fallout never reaching into Israel, and not to think of the Israeli hostages still held by Hamas :blackeye: :brickwallsmall:
If I remember my 1970's WMD controversies rightly a Neutron Bomb would kill every one in range, leave infrastructure intact, and produce little or no radiation nasties.

The neutron wave is much greater than the thermonuc blast, so the fission bomb can be quite small - say briefcase size.

Israel is understood to have both briefcase bombs and neutron enhancing technology.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://meidastouch.com/news/trump-post ... one-by-god

Wayne Allyn Root --remember him?--
In this sickening article, Root makes the case that Trump is a true miracle sent by God to save America. That Trump is 'The Chosen One' sent by God and blessed by God.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”