Assault on the Capitol (DC)

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:34 pm https://www.wfmj.com/story/47165327/per ... ed-suicide

I feel bad the guy felt the need to kill himself but he did plead guilty and nobody organized a 5k to honor Timothy McVeigh.
This Q-Anon asshat? The one that posted this after the insurrection? "lt's not over, trust me. The purpose of today was to expose Pence as a traitor."

I'm sorry he couldn't take his medicine like a man and had to opt for the easy way out. Other than that, fuck that guy.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/penn ... -6-capitol

"Patriot victims of J6." - yeah, fuck all those so-called people.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Words of a (Reagan-appointed) judge to a J6er.
After a brief recess, Lamberth returned to the bench and seemed to respond to Trump and Stefanik's comments: "The Court is accustomed to defendants who refuse to accept that they did anything wrong. But in my 37 years on the bench, I cannot recall a time when such meritless justifications of criminal activity have gone mainstream."

The judge continued: "I have been dismayed to see outright distortions and outright falsehoods creep into the public consciousness. I have been shocked to watch some public figures try to rewrite history, claiming rioters behaved in an orderly fashion like ordinary tourists, or martyrizing convicted Jan. 6 defendants as political prisoners or even, incredibly, hostages. That is all preposterous."
This article is about the judges' thoughts on what these J6ers claim. I personally think, that one of them spouts this junk (mostly they do it at their sentencing hearing), they should be required to have mental health evaluations. While every American is entitled to believe whatever stupid thing they want, that stops when it becomes action that breaks laws/harms others. In fealty to one person, they have broken laws...we know that's cult-like behavior and the kind thing to do is to get these folks some help.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6- ... -theories/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Navy vet and alleged Jan. 6 rioter nabbed outside of Obama’s home faces raft of new felony charges

Brandi Buchman
Feb 16th, 2024, 2:45 pm

Justice Department court exhibits show Taylor Taranto, left, in a photo he posted to Facebook while inside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Right: Justice Department provided footage from inside the Capitol, Taranto is circled in yellow in exhibit.

Justice Department court exhibits show Taylor Taranto, left, in a photo he posted to Facebook while inside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Right: Justice Department provided footage from inside the Capitol, Taranto is circled in yellow in exhibit.

After being charged for showing up to former President Barack Obama‘s home in Washington, D.C., last summer toting guns, ammunition and possible supplies for an explosive device, a federal grand jury has added five new felony counts to an existing indictment for Jan. 6 defendant Taylor Taranto.

As Law&Crime reported last year, Taranto, 37, was arrested on a fugitive for justice warrant on June 29 when he was found near Obama’s home in the elite Kalorama neighborhood in northwest Washington, D.C. He took off running toward the residence but was promptly chased off by Secret Service before being apprehended hours later when he was found lurking in woods near a busy thoroughfare.

Prosecutors said that in a van parked near the Obama’s home, Taranto had stashed weapons, including firearms and ammunition, as well as materials that could be fashioned into a Molotov cocktail-like device. They also claimed the U.S. Navy veteran had been lingering in Washington, D.C., for months before the incident on June 29.

He often slept in his van near a jail where many Jan. 6 defendants are detained, they said.

By the time Taranto was arrested last summer, he had been identified by “sedition hunters” — the community of online sleuths integral to reviewing open source footage from the Capitol attack in order to identify individuals in the mob.

Taranto showed up to Obama’s home the same day former President Donald Trump posted a screenshot on Truth Social that appeared to feature Obama’s home address. Prosecutors said Taranto reposted Trump’s message to his Telegram account alongside a message of his own.

“We got those losers surrounded! See you in hell Podesta’s and Obama’s,” Taranto wrote.

Podesta was a reference to Hillary Clinton’s onetime presidential campaign manager John Podesta.

Upon arrest, he was charged on two counts of unlawfully carrying a pistol as well as a felony charge for unlawful possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device. He was also hit with a number of charges tied to his conduct at the Capitol on Jan. 6 including: knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building ore grounds, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds and parading and demonstrating.
In a screengrab from a podcast provided in court records by the Justice Department, prosecutors say Jan. 6 defendant Taylor Taranto gleefully identified himself in footage from inside the Capitol on Jan. 6, crying out "That's me!" when he saw himself in picture (right.)

In a screengrab from a podcast provided in court records by the Justice Department, prosecutors say Jan. 6 defendant Taylor Taranto gleefully identified himself in footage from inside the Capitol on Jan. 6, crying out “That’s me!” when he saw himself in picture (right.)
A redacted Justice Department exhibit contained inside charging documents for Taylor Taranto allegedly shows his Facebook photo and page where he commented that this was him "stormin' the capitol' lol'."

A redacted Justice Department exhibit contained inside charging documents for Taylor Taranto allegedly shows his Facebook photo and page where he commented that this was him “stormin’ the Capitol’ lol’.”

The new charges added in the superseding indictment for the Seattle native this week include unlawful possession of an unregistered firearm, specifically a Scorpion CS short-barreled rifle; unlawful possession of ammunition; carrying a pistol without a license, specifically, a Scorpion CZ pistol; making false information and hoaxes; and notably, obstruction of an official proceeding on Jan. 6, 2021.

The false hoax charge is tied to a bogus threat Taranto allegedly made about setting off an explosive at the National Institute of Standards and Technology in Maryland before he was finally arrested.

Taranto’s legal troubles don’t end there.

Erin Smith, the wife of Metropolitan Police Department Officer Jeffrey Smith, sued him for her late husband’s assault and battery and wrongful death.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/navy-vet- ... y-charges/
raison de arizona

And, the indictment for best use of an American flag goes to!
SeditionHunters @SeditionHunters wrote: Jan 6, 2021, the United States Capitol, a little different view of the "officers let them in" story.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

What's the problem? That's normal touristy behaviour :daydreaming:

:twisted:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:58 pm What's the problem? That's normal touristy behaviour :daydreaming:

:twisted:
Wish I’d known that when I used to visit DC every summer. I saw people wandering around and pointing at stuff.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yeah, I mean, who takes the tour buses these days? Now I feel dumb for doing that night time memorials ride.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/defia ... 4ff7&ei=13
A tree cutter who smoked marijuana in a senator’s office during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol was sentenced to 3½ years in prison Thursday after his strategy of interrupting and challenging the sentencing judge seemed to blow up in his face.

A jury in U.S. District Court in D.C. last year convicted Brandon Fellows, 29, of obstructing an official proceeding, entering a restricted building and disorderly conduct stemming from his 36-minute incursion into the Capitol with a mob of supporters of President Donald Trump. The riot delayed Congress’s official counting of electoral ballots, which showed Joe Biden had won the 2020 election.

Fellows, from Upstate New York, chose to represent himself through most of his legal proceedings and was found in contempt at his trial after calling U.S. District Judge Trevor N. McFadden a “modern-day Nazi” running a “kangaroo court.”

“In all my years as a judge, and before that as a litigator, I have never seen such contemptuous conduct,” McFadden said at Thursday’s sentencing, recalling that Fellows also made “lewd comments” to his probation officer, “outlandish accusations” against prosecutors and heckling remarks to the jury as the verdicts were being read.

“There is no grand conspiracy here against you,” the judge said as Fellows kept interrupting. “It’s time for you to grow up!”
realist

Post by realist »

Some Jan. 6 sentences were improperly lengthened, appeals court rules
"Brock was among the earliest rioters to breach the Capitol, wearing military gear and surging with the mob onto the Senate floor. The appeals court panel affirmed Brock’s felony conviction for his action but ordered Bates to resentence him without the enhancement attached.
“Brock’s interference with one stage of the electoral college vote-counting process — while no doubt endangering our democratic processes and temporarily derailing Congress’s constitutional work — did not interfere with the ‘administration of justice,’” wrote Judge Patricia Millett in a unanimous ruling joined by Judges Cornelia Pillard and Judith Rogers."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1jbhnH
Image X 4
Image X 32
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

So, Speaker Johnson has ordered more video of J6 to be released (like he promised ALL of it would). He was trying to have all the faces blurred and discovered that that task was extremely time consuming and expensive (what a surprise!). Still not releasing all 40,000 hours, though.

Funny he yammered about "full transparency" yet wanted to blur people's faces. Huh.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Well, it’s not as if anyone who works for The Blaze is a real journalist anyway.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... rcna140041
raison de arizona

Prosecutors: A ‘network’ of supporters helped fugitives avoid capture after Capitol riot

A Florida man charged with interfering with police during the Jan. 6, 2021, siege at the U.S. Capitol is connected to a “network” of supporters who have helped other Capitol riot defendants avoid capture by the FBI, prosecutors said in a court filing this week.

A federal judge on Thursday ordered Thomas Paul Osborne to be released from a Florida jail while he awaits trial on charges that he grabbed a police officer’s baton during a mob’s attack on the Capitol. Before the judge ruled, a Justice Department prosecutor argued that Osborne poses a risk of fleeing after his Feb. 22 arrest.

Osborne harbored a Jan. 6 defendant, Christopher Worrell, who disappeared last year after he was convicted of assaulting police with pepper spray during the Capitol riot, prosecutors said. They believe Worrell, a member of the Proud Boys extremist group, lived at Osborne’s home in Lakeland, Florida, for roughly six weeks while on the run.

In January 2024, FBI agents arrested the Pollocks and a third fugitive, Joseph Hutchinson, at a ranch in Groveland, Florida. Jonathan Pollock had remained at large for over two years. Olivia Pollock and Hutchinson were on the run for approximately 10 months after tampering with their court-ordered GPS monitoring devices.

Osborne worked at a gun shop operated by a brother of the Pollock siblings and attended the same church and prayer meetings as members of the Pollock family, according to prosecutors.

Federal authorities believe that relatives of the Pollocks helped the siblings avoid capture. Supporters gave them money and supplies and helped them “by coordinating a network of individuals who were willing and able to harbor them,” prosecutors said in a court filing. Authorities haven’t accused Osborne of sheltering the Pollocks but cited his ties to the family as a reason to fear that he could abscond.

“While Osborne may not have a passport or foreign ties,” prosecutors wrote, “the concerns presented by his access to the Pollocks’ network are the same: he has the means to flee and avoid detection by law enforcement.”
:snippity:
https://apnews.com/article/thomas-osbor ... 2cabd45cf6
raison de arizona

A nice thread at the link, but I'll save you the click: continued to 4/30/2024.
Ryan J. Reilly @ryanjreilly wrote: Likely verdict for Jan. 6 defendants John Richter and Joseph Irwin — seen here having their photo snapped on the floor of the U.S. Senate — this afternoon. Earlier, Irwin had been seen on video approaching a line of officers and slamming a stick on the ground, breaking it.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Trump and others calling the J6 criminals "hostages" is now coming up in the trials themselves. And the capitol cops who are there and who were injured in the attack aren't happy about it (unsurprisingly). Short thread is worth the click.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Gonell was on CNN earlier today. What a punch in the gut to these fine officers. :mad: :torches:
Edit: Claire McCaskill was on Deadline WH later and really went all out, called out the head of the police Fraternity of whatever and why isn't he calling this bull:shit: from tfg out and standing by the officers who were attacked by the mob. Damn, she was on fire :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Watching Claire M showing her anger using facts and one syllable words is a beautiful thing.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:34 pm :yeahthat:

Watching Claire M showing her anger using facts and one syllable words is a beautiful thing.
She rocked. Now for a reporter or two to follow up with the FOP head for a comment/response.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ncis-acto ... 6?ref=wrap
An actor who made appearances on NCIS, The Rookie, and Devil’s Night was indicted Thursday on misdemeanor charges stemming from him entering the U.S. Capitol through a broken window on Jan. 6, 2021.

Nolan Freeman, of Nevada, is accused of entering the Capitol around 2:23 p.m., at the height of the riot, and leaving 28 minutes later. His indictment didn’t detail specific actions he made inside the building, but noted he wore a red hoodie, a black jacket, and a red hat.

His indictment, first reported by Politico, included seven photos that allegedly showed Freeman inside and around the Capitol, surrounded by supporters of Donald Trump. Those images were taken from security footage and a YouTube video that was posted with a title that promised to give viewers an “EXTREMELY close up view” of the riot, prosecutors said.

Freeman stands accused of charges faced by nearly ever suspect arrested in connection to the riot—obstruction of an official proceeding, and knowingly entering or remaining in the grounds of a government building without lawful authority to do so. He has also been accused of using “loud, threatening, or abusive language” to “disrupt the orderly conduct of a session of Congress.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

https://x.com/JakeLangJ6/status/1773760 ... 77969?s=20
Jake Lang - January 6 Political Prisoner 🇺🇸 @JakeLangJ6 wrote: Bond Hearing Update:

Yesterday was a perfect example of the Biden DOJ's extreme INCOMPETENCE!!

MY J6 BOND HEARING WAS CANCELED LAST MINUTE 😡

It has not been rescheduled & I am indefinitely detained with NO Constitutional Rights as an American!!

Brooklyn Federal Prison REFUSED to send a representative to my Bond Hearing to explain to the Judge how they planned on allowing me to review my discovery / video evidence.

The real reason is because the policy of this BOP prison is only to allow you to view your video evidence ONE HOUR PER WEEK in the legal library!!!

The January 6 tapes are 40,000 hours. To review even 1,000 hours of J6 footage would take 20 years!!

I am just one of 1400 cases the Gestapo FBI & corrupt DOJ has brought against regular everyday Conservatives that showed up at our Nation's Capitol to protest a STOLEN ELECTION & Marxist takeover by the Chinese Communist Party's puppet Joe Biden.

These court cases are rigged from the onset, we were deemed guilty by the Mainstream Media & Democrat J6 Select Committee before we even got our day in court.

Or we have been regulated to a purgatory state of suspended animation for 3 years and 4 month just waiting for trial - where a brainwashed & biased DC Jury (not of our peers) will find us guilty in a 100% trial conviction rate.

This is two tiered justice. This is Federal Government Tyranny.

This is what our Founding Fathers warned us about.

#FederalGovernmentVsWeThePeople #Tyrants #TheBritishAreComing #1984
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Why would you need to review 40K hs of J6 video from the Capitol? There will be no exculpatory information to be found there as you yourself have been found in the rooms of the Capitol back in the day. The DOJ already made the relevant excerpts for you :brickwallsmall:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 pm Why would you need to review 40K hs of J6 video from the Capitol? There will be no exculpatory information to be found there as you yourself have been found in the rooms of the Capitol back in the day. The DOJ already made the relevant excerpts for you :brickwallsmall:
Yeah, but the cult doesn't care, nor does the whiner.
raison de arizona

FAFO? https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files ... 0Facts.pdf
Raheem. @RaheemKassam wrote: BREAKING: The Biden regime and its DOJ have just orchestrated the trial of 70-year-old Rebecca Lavrenz, a 70-year-old grandmother whose crime was PRAYING IN THE U.S. CAPITOL on Jan 6th.

She was just found guilty, facing $210,000 in fines, and a year in jail.

Only illegitimate regimes behave like this.
johnny maga @_johnnymaga wrote: This is heartbreaking
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What does being 70 have to do with anything?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Well - as usual those numbers mentioned are the top of the line limits for the sentence. She will not see that.
Verdict: Colorado Springs-area resident found guilty on four misdemeanors in Capitol breach trial in D.C.

By Debbie Kelley
Apr 4, 2024 Updated 4 mins ago

After a lengthy deliberation that’s been rare for Capitol breach cases, Falcon resident Rebecca Lavrenz, known on social media as the “J6 Praying Grandma,” was convicted on all four federal misdemeanor charges for her participation in the Jan. 6, 2021, protest of the 2020 presidential election results in Washington, D.C.

The trial began March 25 in federal district court in the District of Columbia and ended after nearly 26 hours of deliberation, when a 12-member jury found Lavrenz guilty of entering and remaining in a restricted building, disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds, disorderly conduct in a capitol building, and parading, demonstrating or picketing in a capitol.

The 71-year-old great grandmother and owner of a bed-and-breakfast business where she lives about 14 miles northeast of Colorado Springs could be sentenced to up to a year in prison and ordered to pay fines of more than $200,000, which excludes legal fees.

Lesser sentences for defendants in other Capitol breach cases have included probation, house arrest, restorative probation or counseling classes.

Lavrenz told The Gazette she felt compelled by God to drive across country to the “Stop the Steal” rally more than three years ago and pray for the nation.

“The whole reason I went to the Capitol was to pray,” she said. “I didn’t get into this for myself, I was there to stand up for my country.”

When she went inside the Capitol for 10 minutes with a group of other rally-goers, Lavrenz said, “I felt god’s presence on me.”

https://gazette.com/news/crime/verdict- ... 851b5.html

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”