Democrats Behaving Badly

p0rtia

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by p0rtia »

Tx, Kendra.

I am fond enough of his daughter, Alicia, to feel sorry for her. It's gotta be no fun to be the daughter of that.
Kendra

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Kendra »

Alicia was a rock star sitting in for Nicolle Wallace. Difficult spot for her to be in, and IIRC she will not cover it on her show(s). I believe the current wife is not her mother, wasn't she a former aide or something?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:00 pm Alicia was a rock star sitting in for Nicolle Wallace. Difficult spot for her to be in, and IIRC she will not cover it on her show(s). I believe the current wife is not her mother, wasn't she a former aide or something?
Wikipedia says they met at IHOP :shrug:

But yeah, she is his second or third wife, there is some question, but definitely not the first wife who was divorced in 2005 and is Alicia and Rob's mother.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Democrats Behaving Badly

Dunno about the veracity, but NYC Mayor Eric Adams is being sued for sexual assault.
https://eddsa.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.n ... AINT_4.pdf
This action is brought by Plaintiff under the Adult Survivors Act, CPLR 214-j, as a
result of sexual assault perpetrated by the current Mayor of the City of New York, Eric Adams
(“Defendant Adams”). Defendant Adams claimed he would assist Plaintiff with an employment
issue, only instead to drive her to a vacant lot and request oral sex from her. When she refused,
Defendant Adams forcibly pushed Plaintiff’s hand onto his erect penis, and then, after she removed
her hand, masturbated himself to completion and ejaculated on her.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ba2b6&ei=7
Indicted Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) announced Thursday he will not file to run for reelection in the Democratic primary but said he hopes to still seek another term as an independent later this year.

“I will not file for the Democratic primary this June," Menendez said in a video posted to social media. "I am hopeful that my exoneration will take place this summer and allow me to pursue my candidacy as an independent Democrat in a general election.”

Menendez’s announcement complicates a race that already includes two prominent New Jersey Democrats, first lady Tammy Murphy and Rep. Andy Kim.

Menendez, who is fighting federal corruption charges, faced a Monday deadline to decide whether to run in his party’s primary. The filing deadline for independent candidates is not until June.
Menendez and his wife were charged last year with taking bribes from three business executives, including gold bars, in exchange for legislative favors. He has pleaded not guilty to the initial indictment, as well as to additional charges since then, including obstruction of justice.

Last week, a judge rejected Menendez’s claim of legislative immunity against some of the charges. A trial is scheduled to start May 6.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by AndyinPA »

He's done.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

Democrats Behaving Badly

Eric Adams’ legal defense fund drops longtime ally after crude comments
Bo Dietl, the notoriously foul-mouthed head of an eponymous security and private investigation firm, was a contractor connected to the trust.

One of Mayor Eric Adams’ fundraising entities on Wednesday fired the security and private investigative firm run by longtime friend and donor Bo Dietl shortly after Dietl berated a POLITICO reporter.

Dietl’s company was hired to vet donors to Adams’ legal defense trust — a fundraising entity to help pay legal bills connected to a federal probe into Adams’ 2021 mayoral campaign. In January, the organization paid Dietl’s firm just under $13,000 — an expense first reported by the Daily News, whose reporter Dietl reportedly cursed at this week.

When asked for comment Wednesday afternoon about the services he was paid to perform for the trust, Dietl told a POLITICO reporter: “Why don’t you do me a favor. Go suck somebody’s dick, because I don’t want to talk to you, okay? You like to suck dick? Go suck dick somewhere.” He then hung up the phone.

Less than two hours after being informed of Dietl’s remarks, the trust’s counsel, Vito Pitta, condemned Dietl and told POLITICO he would be let go.

“The mayor believes that that language is unacceptable, and that no person should talk to another person in such a disrespectful way,” Pitta said in a statement.

The Democratic New York mayor almost never publicly admonishes or fires problematic aides, particularly ones with whom he has a long history, like Dietl — a fellow New York Police Department alum.
:snippity:
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/1 ... d-00152930
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by RTH10260 »

State Sen. Nicole Mitchell responds after being charged with burglarizing stepmom’s home

Krystal Frasier KSTP
Updated: April 24, 2024 - 5:37 AM Published: April 23, 2024 - 4:24 PM

Court documents filed Tuesday morning are shedding more light on the arrest of Minnesota Senator Nicole Mitchell (DFL-Woodbury) on Monday, and a Senate Republican leader is now considering calling for her immediate resignation.

As previously reported by 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS, Detroit Lakes police arrested Mitchell after being called to the 700 block of Granger Road at around 4:45 a.m. about a burglary happening in her home. When authorities responded and searched the home, they found Mitchell inside and arrested her.

Mitchell appeared in court late Tuesday morning, where a judge ordered she can be released without posting bail as long as she abides by conditions such as making future court appearances, remain law abiding, don’t leave the state with the exception of Cass County in North Dakota and traveling for official duties, among other conditions. An alternate, unconditional bail was set at $40,000.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/cha ... ds-things/

looks like a family matter gone astray
“Like so many families, mine is dealing with the pain of watching a loved one decline due to Alzheimer’s and associated paranoia.

“Over the weekend, I learned of medical information which caused me grave concern and prompted me to check on that family member. I entered a home I have come and gone from countless times in the past 20 years, where my son even once had his own room.

“Unfortunately, I startled this close relative, exacerbating paranoia, and I was accused of stealing, which I absolutely deny.”

Mitchell went on to thank her friends and colleagues for their support. She stated she hopes that the incident can return to being a “private matter.”
Sam the Centipede

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by Sam the Centipede »

My first thought was "Odd that it was at 4:45 a.m., not a usual time for checking on family, but there could be innocent reasons."

But the linked article has:
According to a criminal complaint – which is linked at the bottom of this article – a woman called police reporting a suspect, later identified as Mitchell, ran into her basement.

When police arrived, officers searched the basement and found Mitchell dressed entirely in black clothing and a black hat.

While being detained, the complaint says Mitchell told the victim that she was trying to get a couple of things belonging to her dad, who recently died, because the woman wouldn’t talk to Mitchell anymore.
Throws my "there could be innocent reasons" conjecture into the bin!
MN-Skeptic

Democrats Behaving Badly

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Yeah, I've thought about posting about that arrest. Totally stupid on her part. Anyway, from today's Minneapolis StarTribune -
Senate Republicans filed an ethics complaint against Mitchell Wednesday, arguing that she violated chamber rules that require members to "adhere to the highest standard of ethical conduct." GOP lawmakers accused Mitchell of posting false or misleading claims when she published her Facebook post and violating chamber rules. They contrasted the social media explanation with the statements Mitchell gave police when she was arrested.

Senate rules require the ethics subcommittee to act on a complaint within 30 days, which means the Legislature could take it up after lawmakers adjourn on May 20.

Democrats hold a one-seat majority in the Senate, which means they need Mitchell's vote to pass legislation without bipartisan support. She has appeared remotely since her arrest.

Republicans have accused Senate Democrats of holding up the process to protect their majority and have demanded Mitchell resign in the meantime. The senator's attorney said he's advised Mitchell against resigning and said he doubts Senate Majority Leader Erin Murphy will ask her to.

Gov. Tim Walz told MPR he's reserving judgment pending additional information.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”