Fire!

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Fire!

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:10 pm https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 14066.html
The Smokehouse Creek Fire, the largest blaze in Texas history and one of the largest in the country has been contained nearly three weeks after it broke out due to a falling electrical poll.

:snippity:
Did they take a vote to start a fire or not :?: :twisted:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Fire!

Post by AndyinPA »

:brickwallsmall:

And that should be a more than decent news association.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Fire!

Post by Maybenaut »

NOT a controlled burn, and less than a mile from our house! We’re under a Red Flag Warning for fire. I’m worried. Very mountainous terrain with very few roads.
IMG_8695.jpeg
IMG_8695.jpeg (165 KiB) Viewed 489 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Maybenaut

Fire!

Post by Maybenaut »

We’re packed up and ready to evacuate. most of our stuff is just stuff, and I don’t really care about it. We grabbed a few things that are irreplaceable and I packed up all my musical instruments. I have about $20,000 worth, and none of it is insured.
IMG_8698.jpeg
IMG_8698.jpeg (171.65 KiB) Viewed 473 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Fire!

Post by Volkonski »

Good luck! :eek:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut

Fire!

Post by Maybenaut »

this is so freaky. We have neighbors, and next-door to them is a 60 acre, wooded tract, and next-door to that is a 20 acre archery range. Near as I can tell, the fire started at the archery range or in that general vicinity. It is now enormous, so big you can’t see the edges of the smoke. And it’s jumped the road so now the fire is burning on both sides of the road. The uphill side of the road is very steep, so there are no houses there. It’s still reasonably far from us, but it’s spreading pretty quickly. We’re hopeful that if it gets close to our house or our neighbors house that the fire department will defend the structures. We’re packed up, but we don’t plan to leave until they tell us to.
Maybenaut

Fire!

Post by Maybenaut »

IMG_8703.jpeg
IMG_8703.jpeg (109.05 KiB) Viewed 462 times
IMG_8705.jpeg
IMG_8705.jpeg (180.27 KiB) Viewed 454 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Fire!

Post by AndyinPA »

Good luck!

It's so windy here today, and it's probably heading your way.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut

Fire!

Post by Maybenaut »

This is the last image from the security camera at the cabin before it went dark.
IMG_8710.jpeg
IMG_8710.jpeg (48.68 KiB) Viewed 430 times
chancery
Verified:

Fire!

Post by chancery »

:brokenheart: :bighug:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Fire!

Post by AndyinPA »

:grouphug:
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Fire!

Post by poplove »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Whatever4

Fire!

Post by Whatever4 »

:shock: :crying: :cantlook: Big hugs from the W’s. So much work you guys put into the Maybelots. Fortunately, one of you has disaster recovery experience.

Sending good vibes and weather requests.

Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Estiveo
Verified:

Fire!

Post by Estiveo »

I'm just glad you humans and the maybecats are safe.
Image Image Image Image
Maybenaut

Fire!

Post by Maybenaut »

Whatever4 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:09 pm :shock: :crying: :cantlook: Big hugs from the W’s. So much work you guys put into the Maybelots. Fortunately, one of you has disaster recovery experience.

Sending good vibes and weather requests.

My sister was a personal property adjuster for many years. She’ll help me capture everything in the event I need to make a claim.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Fire!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Oh, noes! :grouphug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Fire!

Post by Foggy »

:shock: Yikes!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Volkonski
Verified:

Fire!

Post by Volkonski »

Doesn't look good. :?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Fire!

Post by pipistrelle »

Any news?
Volkonski
Verified:

Fire!

Post by Volkonski »

Crews battle scores of wildfires in Virginia, including a blaze in Shenandoah National Park

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/artic ... 354305.php
LURAY, Va. (AP) — Crews were battling scores of wildfires around Virginia on Thursday, including a fire affecting hundreds of acres at Shenandoah National Park, amid an elevated fire risk, officials said.

More than 100 new fires popped up Wednesday amid gusty winds and low relative humidity, affecting more than 1,600 acres across the state, many of them in the central part of the state, Virginia Department of Forestry spokesperson Cory Swift said by telephone.

At least 16 fires were contained and hundreds of firefighters worked overnight to contain the others, Swift said. Amid high winds, officials were seeing some downed powerlines causing fires, he said.
Maybenaut

Fire!

Post by Maybenaut »

The house and the cabin both survived. I am astonished that the cabin didn’t burn. The flames were so close. Our metal barn was a complete loss. That’s OK. The contents were insured.

There are some pics on the View from Maybelot thread. https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=325

Not everyone in our area was as lucky, so we’re extraordinarily grateful.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Fire!

Post by bill_g »

Your angels did a good job.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Fire!

Post by Frater I*I »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:03 pm The house and the cabin both survived. I am astonished that the cabin didn’t burn. The flames were so close. Our metal barn was a complete loss. That’s OK. The contents were insured.

There are some pics on the View from Maybelot thread. https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... &start=325

Not everyone in our area was as lucky, so we’re extraordinarily grateful.
Good to hear that.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Fire!

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Fire!

Post by AndyinPA »

https://apnews.com/article/copenhagen-f ... e5cea07360
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — A fire raged through one of Copenhagen’s oldest buildings Tuesday, causing the collapse of the iconic spire of the 17th-century Old Stock Exchange as passersby rushed to help emergency services save priceless paintings and other valuables.

The blaze broke out on the building’s copper roof during renovations, and police said it was too early to say what caused it. The building with its distinctive 56-meter (184-foot) spire in the shape of four intertwined dragon tails has been a major tourist attraction next to Denmark’s parliament, Christiansborg Palace, in the heart of the capital.

”A piece of Danish history is on fire,” Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen wrote on Instagram, saying that it hurt to see the loss of such “irreplaceable cultural heritage.”

Ambulances were at the scene but there were no reports of casualties.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”