L. Lin Wood - Lucian Lincoln "Lin" Wood Jr. - Oct 19, 1952 Libra / Dragon - "I might actually be Christ coming back..."

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Gregg

L. Lin Wood - Lucian Lincoln "Lin" Wood Jr. - Oct 19, 1952 Libra / Dragon - "I might actually be Christ coming back..."

Post by Gregg »

chancery wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:02 pm
bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:25 pm Wood basically has moved his shop to South Carolina; this may be a method to protect his South Carolina bar card. I presume South Carolina would initiate some sort of reciprocal discipline proceedings if Georgia actually disbarred him, so this may be a move to avoid South Carolina from acting.
bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:39 pm
Greatgrey wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:30 pm I was wondering if he could reapply in some other State, but that’s been taken care of.
To me, that reads like sloppy language. I believe it is meant to convey only that Wood can't seek PHV status in another court based on his (now retired) Georgia license.

Having said that, I don't believe Wood has a law license from South Carolina.
The Attorney Information Search of the South Carolina Judicial Branch turns up no records for "Lucian Wood" or "Lincoln Wood."

As far as sloppy language goes, I dunno. It hadn't occurred to me that one could use the status of being a "resigned lawyer" as the basis for admission pro hac vice, and if that were the concern, I would have expected language that was more clear.

It did, however, occur to me that the State of Georgia doesn't have jurisdiction to declare who may practice law in other jurisdiction.

OTOH, reciprocal discipline exists in every jurisdiction I've heard of ... oh all right, let's look ... OK: "Every state in the country has a 'reciprocal' discipline rule." Attorney Grievance Commission v. Whitehead, 390 Md. 663, 679 n.12 (2006). However, not every state automatically applies "identical" discipline, particularly when the first jurisdiction has not made extensive findings of fact. Id.

In Whitehead, the attorney had been disbarred by the District of Columbia. Disbarment was "on consent" and was therefore on a limited record. A divided (4/3) court held that (i) it was free to determine under Maryland law the degree of punishment that was appropriate for the attorney's conduct, and (ii) under Maryland precedents, an indefinite suspension with the right to reapply after eighteen months was appropriate.

In light of this, I find it more likely that the reference to other jurisdictions wasn't sloppy language, but rather designed, so far as is possible, to frame a decree, binding under the Full Faith and Credit Clause, that would prevent Wood from practicing law anywhere for the rest of his life.

Almost anywhere, anyhow...

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Lin Wood was disbarred in Colorado last month.
https://www.coloradopolitics.com/courts ... fe8b2.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:34 pm Lin Wood was disbarred in Colorado last month.
https://www.coloradopolitics.com/courts ... fe8b2.html
Always good to see bad news about a cult member. I had no idea he was licensed in CO; I knew he was in GA. He has a home in SC but idk if he's licensed there.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Josh Gerstein
@joshgerstein

Famed former Georgia lawyer and 2020 election fraud promoter Lin Wood loses defamation suit to former colleagues he accused of extortion.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 6.90.0.pdf
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:28 pm damnit beat me to it
:lol:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”