Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

RNC Co-Chairs Michael Whatley & Lara Trump

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly

Who wil be the next RNC chair?

Mike Lindell
39%
Kevin McCarthy
11%
Michael Whatley
50%
Scott Presler
No votes

Total votes: 18

Dr. Ken

Who will be the next RNC Chair?

Post by Dr. Ken »

I hope they drain all the RNC candidates of any funding.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

You would think that would wake some people in the party up, but it's probably too late to matter.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Lara Trump nomination: In a world where qualifications are often measured by titles and years of experience, we’re reminded of a truth: God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called. Lara Trump is the embodiment of this truth
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 pm Lindell got robbed!
He's got nothing left to steal.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:16 pm
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Lara Trump nomination: In a world where qualifications are often measured by titles and years of experience, we’re reminded of a truth: God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called. Lara Trump is the embodiment of this truth
Actually if you take the example of the Book of Judges, God often sends the worst kind of assholes to lead and judge his people when they have gone completely off the rails.

Sorry, I've actually read the Bible once or twice and not just excerpts on the internet.
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

1 Samuel 8:10-22

Samuel's Warning Against Kings
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Already into the grind...
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Lara Trump: We have to raise a lot of money. I have great news. I have a check for the RNC for $100k that has been donated
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Wow, who knew that the RNC could donate to the RNC via a Check.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I dunno, if they get desperate enough Musk may pitch in. Some believe he's behind the Carroll bond.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RNC lays off dozens of staffers days after Trump’s team takes over

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics ... index.html
The Republican National Committee began laying off dozens of staffers on Monday, days after Donald Trump’s handpicked team took the reins of the organization, according to two Republican operatives with knowledge of the dismissals.

The layoffs affect staffers across multiple departments, the sources said. The cuts also go beyond senior staff to vendors and mid-level employees, one of the Republican operatives said. Vendor contracts will likely be cut as well.

Some staff who were asked to resign could reapply for jobs at the organization.

It’s not unusual for there to be staff turnover at a national committee after that committee’s party has a de facto or official presidential nominee, but the depths of these cuts go beyond the norm and underscore the lackluster fundraising the committee has experienced lately.

Politico first reported on the layoffs.

Top officials in communications, the political department and the data team were laid off, according to multiple Republicans with knowledge of those layoffs.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:23 am RNC lays off dozens of staffers days after Trump’s team takes over

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics ... index.html
Some staff who were asked to resign could reapply for jobs at the organization.
Will they be required to sign NDAs as part of being rehired?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I can't envision Trump's takeover of the RNC organization as anything other than a disaster for both him and the Republicans. I know nothing about what running an national election campaign entails, but one would think that - at 8 months out - you'd want highly competent, experienced individuals. Since Trump values loyalty over competency, I see pitfalls ahead.

:popcorn:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

You only need ond guy to write a check to the Turnip's secret slush fund, and one daughter to cosign it.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I have seen what are now called maga people taking over state parties since 2012. Once they get their people in the driver's seat, the old guard walk away. They were the ones who handled the day-to-day business, campaign support, donor relations, candidate vetting, etc. I remember this happened in Nevada 2013. They took over the Clark County GOP, which is pretty much the state, then spent the next few years infighting with the NVGOP until they both went broke. It happened in other states since then and always ends up the same. They used to be the tea party people, most of them are maga now. But they don't know how to run a party, they just fight with each other over their dwindling cash supplies. I suspect this will also happen with the RNC.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

RNC is gone - it's now the Party Of T - The Maga party (even the tea party didn't get so far)
‘Absolute bloodbath’ at RNC as new leadership loyal to Trump purges staff
Chair Michael Whatley and co-chair Lara Trump move to reorganize the party, with an expected cull of 60 members

Hugo Lowell
Tue 12 Mar 2024 01.02 CET

Donald Trump’s new leadership team at the Republican National Committee started the process of ousting scores of staffers on Monday night, clearing out its ranks as they prepare to bring the committee under the wing of the Trump 2024 presidential campaign, sources familiar with the matter said.

The RNC is expected to cull about 60 people across the political, data and communications departments. At least five members of the senior staff will be let go and some third-party contracts may also be cancelled. One source familiar with the situation described it as an “absolute bloodbath”.

In ousting large swathes of the RNC, the new chair Michael Whatley and the new co-chair Lara Trump – the former president’s daughter-in-law – moved to reorganize the Republican party’s central committee to fall squarely behind the Trump campaign just days after they were formally elected.

The RNC is being brought under the Trump campaign to such an extent, the sources said, that the firings are mainly to ensure there is no overlap in roles between the RNC and the campaign. The Trump campaign, for instance, already has robust political and communications teams.

And, as ever with Trump’s operations, the firings are part of a strategy to ensure that only staffers committed to Trump and the Maga movement are left at the RNC as Trump tightens his grip on the party ahead of the presidential election in November.

“Chairman Whatley is in the process of evaluating the organization and staff to ensure the building is aligned with his vision of how to win in November,” the new RNC chief operating officer Sean Cairncross wrote in emails to the political, data and communications teams that were seen by the Guardian.

“During this process, certain staff are being asked to resign and reapply for a position on the team,” Cairncross wrote. The email added that if staffers chose not to reapply, they would be terminated from the RNC at the end of March.

An RNC spokesperson could not be immediately reached for comment. The news of the firings were first reported by Politico.

The purge at the RNC, coming days after Whatley and Lara Trump were unanimously elected on Friday as the new RNC leaders, has been widely expected for weeks inside the committee as it became increasingly apparent that Trump would force out the previous RNC chair Ronna McDaniel.

In a speech after his election, Whatley said the RNC would “be the vanguard of a movement that will work tirelessly every single day to elect our nominee, Donald J Trump”, increase Republicans’ slim majority in the House and flip control of the Senate.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... urge-staff
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:18 am I can't envision Trump's takeover of the RNC organization as anything other than a disaster for both him and the Republicans. I know nothing about what running an national election campaign entails, but one would think that - at 8 months out - you'd want highly competent, experienced individuals. Since Trump values loyalty over competency, I see pitfalls ahead.
On the same theme and of concern too, also, to those of us who are not in the US,

I can't envision Trump's takeover of the US government as anything other than a disaster for both America and the whole World. We all know something about what running a national government entails, but one would think that - if given 4 more years - you'd want highly competent, experienced individuals. Since Trump despises competency, I see pitfalls ahead.

'Pitfalls' needing replaced by a stronger word.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

They’ve been spamming people. I never signed up, but got a dozen overwrought emails in the last couple days. I had to unsubscribe to get it to stop.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Lansdowne wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:19 am
MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:18 am I can't envision Trump's takeover of the RNC organization as anything other than a disaster for both him and the Republicans. I know nothing about what running an national election campaign entails, but one would think that - at 8 months out - you'd want highly competent, experienced individuals. Since Trump values loyalty over competency, I see pitfalls ahead.
On the same theme and of concern too, also, to those of us who are not in the US,

I can't envision Trump's takeover of the US government as anything other than a disaster for both America and the whole World. We all know something about what running a national government entails, but one would think that - if given 4 more years - you'd want highly competent, experienced individuals. Since Trump despises competency, I see pitfalls ahead.

'Pitfalls' needing replaced by a stronger word.
Shitstorm?
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sixty less salaries to pay is more money for trump's legal fees and/or his pocket.

I got the impression they're not going to do much in the way of down ballot support. They're getting rid of some positions because trump's campaign already has similar staff in place? It's going to be all trump all the time.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:15 am They’ve been spamming people. I never signed up, but got a dozen overwrought emails in the last couple days. I had to unsubscribe to get it to stop.
Report it as spam. Their computer will detect it and since they desperatly don't want to be listed as spammers they will blacklist you for all their clone email spammers. Unsubscribing confirms you are an active email so they will sell your email on and make a little money that way
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:09 am
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:15 am They’ve been spamming people. I never signed up, but got a dozen overwrought emails in the last couple days. I had to unsubscribe to get it to stop.
Report it as spam. Their computer will detect it and since they desperatly don't want to be listed as spammers they will blacklist you for all their clone email spammers. Unsubscribing confirms you are an active email so they will sell your email on and make a little money that way
I’ve reported all Republican emails as spam for years. That doesn’t stop them. At one point it got worse. It won’t stop unless I unsubscribe. I do that when I’m at the MAKE IT STOP phase. Which was fast this time given how much they were churning out.

I’m one of those valued independents.
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

Donald thinks all the downballot candidates have to do is come up on stage with him and they will win their elections.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ok. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Again. :D
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:11 am Ok. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Again. :D
I agree unsubscribing is usually a bad idea but in this case it’s the only thing that works. Neither the RNC or the DNC seems to grasp double opt in. I suspect a relative keeps mistakenly putting my email in. I sometimes get his car dealership emails.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

They might be desperate for money, and the Turnip Vegetable Campaign is famous for spamming the shit out of its marks just in case there is a Dollar out there they haven't sucked up.

I imagine the RNC will rapidly turn into the Turnip white house - It will be grossly understaffed, have a massive overturn in staff as people will constantly fail loyalty tests, and no-one will be able to do anything as Turnip will be so insecure he will see anyone making a decision as implied criticism of him, so he will jam his nose into it.

Lara might think she is getting a plumb job that will get her a big time position in the future, but she will actually find herself trying to keep the ship functioning while the Father in law sets fire to everything and "decides" disastrous things.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Current Politics”