JOE BIDEN

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
Uninformed

JOE BIDEN

Post by Uninformed »

It may be partly due to my innate bias but I get the definite impression that the UK media whilst suffering from the inevitable whataboutism and false equivalencies seems to exaggerate any deficiencies of the Biden administration. Obviously this varies from outlet to outlet and depends on their established political stances. Some of the reporting is quite subtle in its bias, some is blatant, some is the normal sensationalism, some is just poor reporting - so nothing out of the ordinary one might think. Some would say that the UK “establishment” approach is to not upset whomever becomes President and this filters down through the media. Whatever, I find it both worrying and depressing.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

JOE BIDEN

Post by Slim Cognito »

Loved. It.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

JOE BIDEN

Post by keith »

Presìdent Bartlett was unavailable?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

JOE BIDEN

Post by Suranis »

Well, a lot of people have played the US President in Movies and TV, including Harrison Ford. They couldn't have them all on, even if they were all willing.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

JOE BIDEN

Post by pipistrelle »

keith wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:02 pm Presìdent Bartlett was unavailable?
Possibly unwilling.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

JOE BIDEN

Post by Slim Cognito »

I doubt unwilling. He's a liberal, even stumped for Hilary. But there may have been a schedule conflict. Charlie was the one originally for trump but I think he turned against him, perhaps in a moment of sobriety?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

JOE BIDEN

Post by raison de arizona »

Chris Mowrey @chrisdmowrey wrote: Really fun moment I got of Biden last night, looking at us and saying

“Don’t jump, I need you!” :)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

JOE BIDEN

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/POTUS/status/1775316042367094888?s=20
President Biden @POTUS wrote: I am outraged and heartbroken by the deaths of seven humanitarian workers from World Central Kitchen, including one American, in Gaza yesterday.

Incidents like yesterday’s simply should not happen.

Here is my full statement.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

JOE BIDEN

Post by RTH10260 »

‘Lost for words’: Joe Biden’s tale about cannibals bemuses Papua New Guinea residents
President’s suggestion that his ‘Uncle Bosie’ was eaten by cannibals harms US efforts to build Pacific ties, say local experts

Rebecca Ratcliffe and Bethanie Harriman
Fri 19 Apr 2024 03.20 CEST

Joe Biden’s suggestion that his uncle may have been eaten by cannibals in Papua New Guinea during world war two has been met with a mixture of bemusement and criticism in the country.

Biden spoke about his uncle, 2nd Lt Ambrose J Finnegan Jr, while campaigning in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, describing how “Uncle Bosie” had flown single engine planes as reconnaissance flights during the war. Biden said he “got shot down in New Guinea”, adding “they never found the body because there used to be a lot of cannibals, for real, in that part of New Guinea.”

Official war records say Finnegan was killed when a plane on which he was a passenger experienced engine failure and crashed into the Pacific Ocean. The records do not mention cannibalism or state that the plane was shot down.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... new-guinea

Return to “Biden Administration”