Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

U.S. Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (Ind.-AZ)

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
tek

Post by tek »

Selfocrat.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

tek wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:52 amSelfocrat.
:winner:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I found a link over on Oldbow to the RC Radio episode with Kyrsten and the Birther state legislator from Georgia, Mark Hatfield. Does anyone recall producing a transcript of that show?

I found a transcript produced by Twinx and Listeme posted on my old Blogspot blog. I haven't gone through it yet.

http://rcradioshow.blogspot.com/2011/03 ... -mark.html

OK that sucks. The blog links to SCRIBD, which now wants you to get a trial account to read. So I was able to store a copy on my current blog.
https://rcradioblog.files.wordpress.com ... 0-2011.pdf

That should work. Then State Senator Sinema joins in on page 27.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

xpost
Don't count out Sen. Kyrsten Sinema just yet
Opinion: For Sen. Kyrsten Sinema to win reelection, the stars must align and four things need to happen. I wouldn't count her out just yet.

With Ruben Gallego’s entry into Arizona’s Senate race, it appears the political obituary of the senator he seeks to succeed is all but written.

RIP, Sen. Kyrsten Sinema.

So say the pollsters and most of the state’s political consultant class, people who believe Sinema’s December departure from the Democratic Party was a death blow to her reelection prospects.

And yet, of late, there are three additional letters I’ve begun hearing around town.

NSF. Not so fast.

“I think she’s absolutely going to run,” said longtime consultant Chuck Coughlin, a former Republican who (like a lot of Arizonans) became an independent in 2017. “If she could get 20 to 25% of the Democratic and Republican vote and 60% of independents, that’s 43% of a statewide race. That’s a win.”
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 837983007/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is there enough water left in Arizona to keep clean and safe?
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:50 am Is there enough water left in Arizona to keep clean and safe?
There isn't enough water in the country to keep Sinema clean and safe. She has abandoned her constituents and gets all her cash from corporate PACs, hedge funds, and big pharma. :pirate:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

:lol:
Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: "My state Arizona is clearly the meth lab of democracy."

Make no mistake. This is still how phony moderate @kyrstensinema talks about us behind closed doors.

When she's not voting to the left of @BernieSanders, she's mocking us in rooms of lobbyists & government contractors.
raison de arizona

Naughty naughty.
Sam Brodey @sambrodey wrote: NEW: Kyrsten Sinema has spent over $200,000 in taxpayer funds on private chartered jet travel since 2020—an expense that is rarely, if ever, made by most members of Congress

Sinema's AZ colleague, Mark Kelly, has spent $0 on private flights
https://x.com/sambrodey/status/1751982732618383394?s=20
bob

Post by bob »

NEW: Kyrsten Sinema has spent over $200,000 in taxpayer funds on private chartered jet travel since 2020—an expense that is rarely, if ever, made by most members of Congress
Related: Politico: Sinema’s fundraising plummets as reelection decision deadline nears:
The Arizona independent is raising less and less each quarter.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s (I-Ariz.) fundraising cratered to her lowest quarterly total yet this cycle as she stares down an April deadline to file for reelection.

The independent Arizona senator raised just $595,000 in the final three months of 2023, according to a report filed by her campaign with the Federal Election Commission late Tuesday. That is less than one-fifth of the total that her main Democratic challenger, Rep. Ruben Gallego, said his campaign raised during the same period. Her likely Republican challenger, Kari Lake, reported raising $2 million.

Sinema, who left the Democratic Party in December 2022, has not decided if she will seek reelection this year. With nearly $11 million in her campaign account, she remains the biggest unknown on the Senate map.
There's speculation that Sinema knows she isn't going to run in the general, so why not burn it all down while sitting on her war chest? And then tap that money for something different in 2026.
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona

Sinema vows not to let Congress forget border as bipartisan package faces certain defeat
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell concedes 'it will not become law.' Arizona senator says colleagues decided 'they don't actually want to secure the border'

The border security bill championed by Arizona Senator Kyrsten Sinema is all but dead.

"I saw the news at the same time most folks in our country did," Sinema said in an interview Tuesday.
:snippity:
"My colleagues four months ago, on the Republican side in the Senate, said that they were unwilling to move forward with a national security package to fight Putin, or to support Israel unless we also included a tough border security package. Now, you'll recall at the time I agreed," Sinema said.

"Now it does seem that some of my colleagues have changed their mind, and as of today decided that they don't actually want to secure the border."
"Each day as the Senate and the House choose not to take action, I'll remind them that it is a day when we could have been using these new powers to better control our border and ensure national security for our country," Sinema said.
"People get to choose," Sinema said. "Do you want to secure the border or do you want to retain it as a political talking point heading into the election?"
"They are begging for us to fix the border," Sinema said.

"For us in Arizona, this is not about partisanship... This, for us, is an unmitigated crisis. And it will be tomorrow, and the next day and the next day."
"Every single day this year, in 2024, would have triggered my law," she said.
Sinema has declined to say whether she'll run for a second term in the fall.

She's running out of time to decide.

Sinema has until April 8 - two months away - to file at least 42,303 petition signatures to appear on the November ballot.

Her campaign still hasn't filed the notice that is required when she starts to gather signatures.
https://www.12news.com/article/news/reg ... 7f344b462b
raison de arizona

🔥
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Sinema: So if you want to spend the border crisis for your own political agendas, go right ahead. But I have a very clear message for anyone using the southern border for staged political events. Don't come to Arizona. Take your political theater to Texas
raison de arizona

The biggest secret everybody already knew is out: Sinema says she will NOT seek re-election.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:37 pm The biggest secret everybody already knew is out: Sinema says she will NOT seek re-election.
Will this help D or R? Whose vote was she going to split?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kinda weird how she went from being a reasonable voice in the state senate when she was interviewed on RCs show to becoming such a terrible human being as a senator.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona

Rolodex wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:43 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:37 pm The biggest secret everybody already knew is out: Sinema says she will NOT seek re-election.
About the same.

Gallego 33%
Lake 37%
Sinema 21%

vs.

Gallego 42%
Lake 45%

(Poll from late Feb.)
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:43 pm
ETA: Just heard that it was Gallego - 36%
Lake - 30%
Sinema - 20%
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Good riddance to Inappropriately dressed rubbish.
Image Image Image Image
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Estiveo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 pm Good riddance to Inappropriately dressed rubbish.
Has anyone seen a metamorphosis like the Kyrsten Sinema on Reality Check Radio in 2011 to Krysten Sinema US Senator today? She completely disemboweled Birther Mark Hatfield on the show . She had such promise when she became the first openly gay and openly agnostic member of the US Senate.

Some disappointments are just inexplicable.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

Keith Olbermann has done several takes on their brief relationship. He describes her as someone to the political left of him, at that time (around 2010?).
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:44 pm Kinda weird how she went from being a reasonable voice in the state senate when she was interviewed on RCs show to becoming such a terrible human being as a senator.
Simple...she was bought by big money corporate interests...

Everyone has their price...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

According to GovTrack, Sinema has a centrist to center-right voting record in the Senate, to the right of Republican Senators Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:55 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:44 pm Kinda weird how she went from being a reasonable voice in the state senate when she was interviewed on RCs show to becoming such a terrible human being as a senator.
Simple...she was bought by big money corporate interests...

Everyone has their price...
:yeahthat:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:21 pm
Estiveo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 pm Good riddance to Inappropriately dressed rubbish.
Has anyone seen a metamorphosis like the Kyrsten Sinema on Reality Check Radio in 2011 to Krysten Sinema US Senator today? She completely disemboweled Birther Mark Hatfield on the show . She had such promise when she became the first openly gay and openly agnostic member of the US Senate.

Some disappointments are just inexplicable.
The Dem-turned-MAGA state representative in NC who gave the MAGA mutts here a veto-proof majority:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/05/politics ... index.html

Turned from reasonable to shitgibbon in under 6 months.
raison de arizona

John Thomas8 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:12 pm Turned from reasonable to shitgibbon in under 6 months.
That's breathtaking, enough to make one dizzy!

At least Sinema had the common courtesy to perform her heel turn over a decade and not a semester.
raison de arizona

An oldie but a goldie.
Chelsea Pope @chelseathepope wrote: Kyrsten Sinema works with her staff to get dressed for Congress today

Return to “Current Politics”