Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Addison Mitchell "Moscow Mitch" McConnell Jr. "Excessive Expectations" "Bleed Out" "Cocaine Mitch" #RichMitch

Post by raison de arizona »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:18 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:43 pm As much as I despise that SoB, I fear his replacement will be worse.
I have no fear. The replacement WILL be worse
Undoubtedly worse, less capable with any luck.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

You are right there. McConnell was extraordinarily capable. :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I’m surprised that his boss is letting him retire.

Vladimir is usually not that generous with assets.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Just my arrogant opinion but I'm guessing his health is failing quickly.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:38 pm Just my arrogant opinion but I'm guessing his health is failing quickly.
One can only hope.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

If interested: thoughtful essay on McConnell from Talking Points Memo's Josh Marshall. Excerpt:
Josh Marshall wrote:These days you often hear reporters and commentators saying matter of factly that legislation requires 60 votes in the Senate. This is truly McConnell’s greatest accomplishment. People say this like it’s in the Constitution, like the two-thirds requirement for conviction at impeachment or to approve a treaty. But it is a novel development and it has radically altered U.S. politics. It transforms the federal Senate into a genuinely Calhounian body in which minority factions exercise a de facto and permanent veto over the majority.

It’s what creates gridlock, the breeding ground of political disaffection and extremism.

It also lays the groundwork for McConnell’s other great accomplishment, the corrupted federal judiciary and especially the corrupt Supreme Court. By throwing a wrench into the engine of legislation you create a vacuum that is inevitably filled by an increasingly activist judiciary. They are the yin and yang of today’s federal government, a broken legislative branch whose vacuum is filled by a right-wing activist federal judiciary. Thus McConnell’s only affirmative goal as Senate leader: the confirmation of right wing judges, who in this system amounted to the appointment of a permanent Republicanized federal legislature

The irony of McConnnell’s rise and fall is that he is now ushered off the stage by the Trumpian politicos who he is not equal to but whose rise he made possible by breaking the legislative branch..
Gift link: Mitch McConnell: Some Thoughts on Mastery, Destruction and Minority Rule
raison de arizona

He's a thorn in tfg's side. Enemy of my enemy and all.

Sort of. :brickwallsmall:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I think for sure health (and age) issues are part of if, but he sees what he helped create and doesn't want to be a part of it. He, of course, won't be personally affected by any of this insanity, so off he trots to his safe little house and safe little life, never to be affected by the crazy RWNJs or the court he created.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:28 pm I’m surprised that his boss is letting him retire.

Vladimir is usually not that generous with assets.
8 months is a long time :toxic-waste:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

SNL Weekend Update featured Addison :lol:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

Party over all.
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Q: “How do you reconcile your Trump endorsement with the fact that you called him practically and morally responsible for Jan. 6 and the fact that he insulted you and your wife repeatedly?”
Daily Show captioned...
► Show Spoiler
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveo_20240315_182947.jpg
Estiveo_20240315_182947.jpg (63.82 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Image Image Image Image
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Now we know where the AI got trump's extra fingers from.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

a case of ‘After Shaking his Hand, Start Counting your Fingers’

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”