Military behaving badly

neeneko

Military behaving badly

Post by neeneko »

northland10 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:06 am I'm not sure if its the case here but I still wonder if what was considered "bullying" would be different if the captain was male.
Yeah, that was my thought. The bar for women in cases like this seems to be MUCH lower since they are 'not behaving like women', but men doing the same are 'being tough' or 'leaders'. Toxic angry men are generally worked around because they are perceived as being effective.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Military behaving badly

Post by Slim Cognito »

And I agree with the above. However, if the problem is anger management/mental health issues, it's possible there could be an issue that wasn't as pronounced when she was younger but exacerbates with age. (I've experienced this with Hub's kids. Apparently his first wife had anger management issues that became more apparent when she hit her 30s. Sadly, she developed lung cancer and died at 39. His kids seemed ok at first, hopefully taking after laid-back dad, but all three of them now have issues that have greatly increased over the years. I know two have medical diagnoses, and I suspect the third has, as well.)
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Military behaving badly

Post by Suranis »

Its also possible she had reached her "level of incompetence" meaning she had risen to a level that she could not deal with and it came out as anger issues. So if she was demoted to a lower level of responsibility she would have reverted to an excellent officer again.

It's called "the Peter Principle" I think.
Hic sunt dracones
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Military behaving badly

Post by Maybenaut »

From the Navy Times:

Navy chief charged with espionage
A Navy chief is facing espionage and other criminal charges over allegations that he delivered classified information to a foreign contact in 2022 and 2023.

Chief Fire Controlman (Aegis) Bryce Steven Pedicini faces eight espionage charge specifications for alleged crimes that occurred between November 2022 and May, according to a copy of his charge sheet obtained by Navy Times.

Pedicini is the first sailor to be charged with espionage in at least the past five years, according to the Navy’s Office of the Judge Advocate General.

Currently assigned to the Japan-based destroyer Higgins, Pedicini has been held in pre-trial confinement since May, according to Navy records.

He could not be reached for comment, and the Navy’s defense attorney office did not respond to a Navy Times request for comment from his appointed attorney.
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... espionage/
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Military behaving badly

Post by raison de arizona »

Since when were members of the military allowed to appear at campaign events in uniform? I thought that was a no-no.
Tom Nichols @RadioFreeTom wrote: Who is the guy in an Air Force uniform behind Trump?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MN-Skeptic

Military behaving badly

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:17 pm Since when were members of the military allowed to appear at campaign events in uniform? I thought that was a no-no.
Tom Nichols @RadioFreeTom wrote: Who is the guy in an Air Force uniform behind Trump?
According to the replies to that tweet, the military person is Thomas M. Suelzer, Adjutant General of Texas. Per Wikipedia:
The Adjutant General of Texas is the commander and chief executive officer of the Texas Military Department, the executive department of the Texas Military Forces. The adjutant general's position of authority over Texas Military Forces is second only to the commander-in-chief, the governor of Texas. This position is analogous to the United States secretary of defense. The adjutant general of Texas is appointed by the governor of Texas with the advice and consent of the Texas Senate from Texas Government Code Title 4, Subtitle C, Chapter 437.003.

The Constitution of Texas vests all military authority in the commander-in-chief, an elected position, to maintain civilian control of the military. It is impractical for the governor of Texas to operate the military themselves, so their command authority is delegated via commission to the adjutant general. The adjutant general, secretary of state, attorney general, and comptroller are generally regarded as the most important executive positions in the Government of Texas.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Military behaving badly

Post by RTH10260 »

High-ranking Ohio National Guard officer charged with rape of child

by Tom BoscoWed, April 24th 2024 at 6:43 PM
Updated Wed, April 24th 2024 at 12:52 PM

DELAWARE, Ohio (WSYX) — A high-ranking officer in the Ohio National Guard is charged with three counts of rape and now sits in the Delaware County jail.

Steven Vicario, 40, is facing rape charges, along with one count each of gross sexual imposition and tampering with evidence.

Vicario is a Lieutenant Colonel in the guard. A spokeswoman for the guard said he’s also a full-time employee of the guard and works at Joint Force headquarters as a mobilization officer. He was commander of the 211th Maintenance Company for a three-year stretch from 2013-2016.

The Delaware County grand jury handed up a secret indictment last week. Vicario was arrested Friday and is expected in court Wednesday.

Delaware Police officials said an adult brought their child to the police station back in November after allegedly catching Vicario raping her in their Delaware home. The child was examined at two hospitals, and it was determined that rapes had occurred in both October and November.

The complainant also told police Vicario had up to 50 guns in the home, including three he always kept loaded.

The spokeswoman for the guard said Vicario is considered AWOL and will not be paid during his absence.

The Delaware County prosecutor said the indictment was filed in secret “to protect the integrity of the case” and likely so as not to tip off Vicario of his imminent arrest.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/h ... e-of-child

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”