Arizona behaving badly and otherwise

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:25 pm Sounds like an admission the state is going blue.
Rs enjoy only a one member advantage in the AZ House and Senate.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:34 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:25 pm Sounds like an admission the state is going blue.
Rs enjoy only a one member advantage in the AZ House and Senate.
One is all they need to ensure they never need fear loss of power.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:18 pm
An Arizona lawmaker wants to give the state Legislature the power to appoint presidential electors regardless of who wins the popular vote.
This would be constitutional, as the U.S. Constitution says each state decides how to select its electors. (Just like senators originally weren't chosen by popular vote.)

After the 2020 elections, some :crazy: said legislatures could retroactively pick electors, but would be unconstitutional.
I'm assuming that from the way the article notes that if approved by the legislature it goes before the voters in the state that the AZ state constitution currently says otherwise and would need to be amended through this gambit. Anyone got an over-under on whether AZ has enough red to push this through into their state constitution?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:55 pm
An Arizona lawmaker wants to give the state Legislature the power to appoint presidential electors regardless of who wins the popular vote.
This would be constitutional, as the U.S. Constitution says each state decides how to select its electors. (Just like senators originally weren't chosen by popular vote.)

After the 2020 elections, some :crazy: said legislatures could retroactively pick electors, but would be unconstitutional.
I'm assuming that from the way the article notes that if approved by the legislature it goes before the voters in the state that the AZ state constitution currently says otherwise and would need to be amended through this gambit. Anyone got an over-under on whether AZ has enough red to push this through into their state constitution?
Not a chance that this would pass with the voters.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:59 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:55 pm

Not a chance that this would pass with the voters.
Amusingly, I have this mental image of your avatar modified by the Mel Gibson-in-Braveheart woad-on-the-face paint job should this actually come to the voters. Is that bad?

raison de arizona

AZ fake electors demanding RNC pay their legal bills.
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik wrote: JUST IN Arizona fake elector @tylerbowyer demands that Republican National Committee pay legal bills for him & all 2020 fake electors.
@AZAGMayes is investigating. Results of investigation anticipated in early spring.
Tyler Bowyer @tylerbowyer wrote: We are now in resolutions committee, happy to share the resolution I have submitted at the RNC that I worked on with Chairman @JoshMcKoon & others to defend our Electors. With all of the problems ahead, we need to send a clear signal that the RNC will defend those who serve as electors against Democrat radicals trying to criminalize civic engagement and process.
raison de arizona

This is my district. Ben Toma is the only one worth a crap, and that isn't just because his dad lives in my neighborhood. Toma is a non-MAGA Republican, a number of which still exist in purple AZ. Toma has been a good rep for the AZ House for this district. Other than the Republican stuff, he's been good about bringing home the bacon to our district at least.
Abe Hamadeh's attack on Blake Masters is ... well, it's hilarious, really
Opinion: Abe Hamadeh's attack on fellow congressional carpetbagger Blake Masters is astonishing. Does this guy ever look in the mirror?

In a show of rather spectacular chutzpah, Abe Hamadeh is calling on Blake Masters to drop his bid for Congress.

It seems his former America First running mate, Masters, is a liar and a deceiver who has been “intentionally misleading voters” about how much money he’s raised and besides that, doesn’t even live in the district.

So says Hamadeh, who also intentionally misled voters about how much money he’s raised and also doesn’t live in the district.

“The good news,” Hamadeh said in his Wednesday call for Masters to withdraw, “is common sense voters in AZ 8 aren’t falling for any of these Tucson tricks.”

The real question, of course, is this: Will they fall for a few Scottsdale tricks?

Hamadeh doesn't want a split MAGA vote
The GOP primary in the northwest Valley’s Congressional District 8 is shaping up to be Arizona’s version of “The Hunger Games,” featuring two carpetbaggers (Hamadeh of Scottsdale and Masters of Tucson), a fake elector (Anthony Kern), a creepy ex-congressman who trolled for female staffers to carry his baby (Trent Franks), and House Speaker Ben Toma.
:snippity:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 439111007/
raison de arizona

Fake elector uses his office to investigate Attorney General Kris Mayes. Payback much?
Opinion: Sen. Anthony Kern has launched an investigation into Attorney General Kris Mayes. It's not the first time this fake elector has used his elective office to try to wiggle out of a hot spot.

The Arizona Senate, confronted as it is with vexing problems governing elections, water, education and a state budget that’s $1.7 billion in the red, has launched a formal investigation into Attorney General Kris Mayes.

It seems the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee don’t much care for the Democratic attorney general, though no details were forthcoming on how they will proceed or how much this investigation will cost us.

“Over the last year there has been a flood of questionable activity coming from the Attorney General’s Office and I think it’s time someone takes a serious look at what is going on over there,” Senate Judiciary Chairman Anthony Kern, R-Glendale, said.
:snippity:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion ... 482813007/
raison de arizona

:lol: :smoking:
Stephen Richer—MaricopaCountyRecorder (prsnl acct) @stephen_richer wrote: Another strong entrant for the Maricopa County "I voted" sticker contest.
raison de arizona

TheRealThelmaJohnson @TheRealThelmaJ1 wrote: You all, I gotta take a break. I can't keep up with the GOP lunacy in Arizona. Our state treasurer is suing Biden for creating a National Monument up around the Grand Canyon to protect the land. They want it for mining.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Just because it happened in AZ. It's confusing but the post isn't inaccurate in any way.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:50 pm Just because it happened in AZ. It's confusing but the post isn't inaccurate in any way.

Ironically, they buried the lede, because the person in that picture is Rachel Dolezal.

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:12 pm
Rolodex wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:50 pm Just because it happened in AZ. It's confusing but the post isn't inaccurate in any way.

Ironically, they buried the lede, because the person in that picture is Rachel Dolezal.
One person, two names.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Yep. She changed her name. I saw the photo and the headline, and it was a head scratcher. Then the article points out she changed her name.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

busted! :lol:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How dare he provide a perfectly logical explanation.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 pm How dare he provide a perfectly logical explanation.
Aubrey would have known the explanation since they just moved. More faux outrage ginning.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:50 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 pm How dare he provide a perfectly logical explanation.
Aubrey would have known the explanation since they just moved. More faux outrage ginning.
:winner:

Aubrey works for Turning Point USA/Charlie Kirk, it was apparently a setup.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Aubrey is now trying to play victim. It's not going well, as people are pointing out that she's been talking & posting about her move to Tempe for months. I also had to get a dig in.
Estiveo_20240229_101610.jpg
Estiveo_20240229_101610.jpg (119.11 KiB) Viewed 179 times
Image Image Image Image
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:45 pm Aubrey is now trying to play victim. It's not going well, as people are pointing out that she's been talking & posting about her move to Tempe for months. I also had to get a dig in.
Estiveo_20240229_101610.jpg
:dance: Yeah, I saw your response.. almost copied it here but you already did.

Richer also responded:
@stephen_richer
Hi Aubrey!

Your city -- and actually even your exact address -- is public record as a registered voter. You can even request the whole voter file (as your employer regularly does for political walk lists).

If you'd like, you can call or email my office if you want our communications to be more private, I just thought that since you made your first communication in a public manner on social media, you wanted me to respond in kind.

Thanks!
He is having fun.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:lol: and I was just coming back to post that response. She's as dumb as a bag of Boeberts.
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

She got Community Notes and some prominent people attention, including Kinzinger. FTW.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:10 pm She's as dumb as a bag of Boeberts.
Oh... what a GREAT simile! :thumbsup:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Richer seems to be that delightful combination of knowledgeable and clever. That whole thread has been fun amid some really awful other news these days. She's getting ratio'd pretty severely. LOL
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:10 pm :lol: and I was just coming back to post that response. She's as dumb as a bag of Boeberts.
Is this in the Fogbow dictionary?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”