Biden impeachment inquiry

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol: Ms O'Connor does not seem to have been at many House hearings, it seem to me :rotflmao: Just look at her :o :lol:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Burchett: There’s 20 million that flowed through.

Sanchez: That’s incorrect. I looked at the bank records. They don’t say that Joe Biden got any money. Have you read the bank records? I’m not going to let say things that are untrue sir,
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I watched that. :notlistening:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

any info on Hunter's testimony?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Is the House Judiciary GOP account tweeting from a Russian server?
Estiveo_20240228_172403.jpg
Estiveo_20240228_172403.jpg (69.31 KiB) Viewed 747 times
Image Image Image Image
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Are their goalposts mounted on a flatbed trailer?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:43 pm Are their goalposts mounted on a flatbed trailer?
Nope.

They're mounted on a dragster.....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Estiveo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:31 pm Is the House Judiciary GOP account tweeting from a Russian server?
I checked-I don’t see that on their timeline but I have it blocked.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:26 pm
Estiveo wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:31 pm Is the House Judiciary GOP account tweeting from a Russian server?
https://x.com/JudiciaryGOP/status/17629 ... 74017?s=20
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

1. Hunter Biden sat on Burisma’s board.
2. He was unqualified to do so.

How many "unqualified" people sit on company boards everywhere?

How many unqualified Republicans sit on company boards?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

How many unqualified Republicans sit in congress or are dog catchers..
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:14 am
Thanks. The date looks ‘merican to me.
IMG_4482.jpeg
IMG_4482.jpeg (326.73 KiB) Viewed 593 times
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:40 am
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:14 am

Thanks. The date looks ‘merican to me.
IMG_4482.jpeg
Mine shows 28 Feb 24 which makes sense since I have set up most of my devices and apps in a similar fashion.
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Only 4800 people liked that post? Are they running out of money to pay Bots?

And Hunter was perfectly qualified to serve on the capacity that he was hired for - expertise in International Business Law. You don't have to know anything about pumping Oil for that.
Hic sunt dracones
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

So, what made Nikki Haley qualified to sit on Boeing's board?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:13 pm So, what made Nikki Haley qualified to sit on Boeing's board?

you're choice
Before joining the board, she had opposed efforts by Boeing employees to unionize in South Carolina when she was governor of the state.

in https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... t-request/
or
As a state legislator and candidate for governor, Ms. Haley supported a 2009 economic development package for Boeing Co. valued at as much as $900 million that helped land the company’s 787 Dreamliner production facility in this city. A few years later, as governor, she signed into law an additional $120 million for the aerospace company as part of an expansion.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-nikki- ... g-ef6c3e9f
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That doesn't mean she's qualified. That just means she was paid back. And, yeah, I knew she was involved with Boeing as governor.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:15 pm That doesn't mean she's qualified. That just means she was paid back. And, yeah, I knew she was involved with Boeing as governor.
Being paid back, or being a famous name on the letterhead is part of how boards are created. It's always been that way.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Convicted fraudster becomes House Republicans' new hope in Biden impeachment probe

Kathleen Culliton
March 5, 2024 5:17PM ET

A federal inmate sentenced to 15 years in prison for scamming a Native American tribal entity out of tens of millions of dollars appears to be the new star witness in House Republicans' quest to impeach President Joe Biden, official documents show.

Reps. James Comer (R-KY), Jim Jordan (R-OH) and Andy Biggs (R-AZ) Tuesday sent out two more angry letters — this time to Manhattan-based assistant U.S. Attorney Negar Tekeei and Federal Bureau of Prisons Director Collette Peters — demanding information about why Jason Galanis' 2023 pleas for early release were denied.

"The Committees held a transcribed interview with Jason Galanis, a former business partner of President Biden's son, Hunter Biden," the trio explained.

"Galanis made several allegations against [Bureau of Prisons] officials, including that he has been the 'victim of a pattern of retribution by the Department of Justice in order to prevent my home confinement, which would have allowed full and free access to congressional investigators.'"

Galanis pleaded guilty in January 2020 to charges linked to multiple frauds, among them funneling about $8.5 million of Wakpamni Lake Community Corporation funds into a personal bank account, according to a lengthy press release from the U.S. Attorney's office.

He was also tied to schemes to defraud an investment firm and a publicly traded company, according to the release. The Daily Mail noted Galanis was part of a notorious New York City crime family whose patriarch was targeted by then-Mayor Rudy Giuliani.

In February 2023, about three years after he was given his 15-year sentence, Galanis requested home confinement under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, House Republicans wrote.

Galanis went through a "lengthy approval process" that was first okayed by the Bureau of Prisons in California but reversed on June 13, one day after the Oversight Committee announced its subpoena of his convicted co-conspirator Devon Archer.

https://www.rawstory.com/biden-impeachment-probe/
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

And today's hearing is underway and not even fox is carrying it live. They have it relegated to the bottom corner without any sound.

Raskin tearing it apart

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
bob

Post by bob »

WPDE: AOC spars with Bobulinski over Biden crime claims, says RICO is 'category' not 'crime':
During a Wednesday hearing in President Joe Biden's impeachment inquiry, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., engaged in a tense exchange with a witness whose testimony she said did not satisfy Republicans' accusations of high crimes by the president.

“Is it your testimony today that you personally witnessed President Joe Biden commit a crime?” Rep. Ocasio-Cortez asked Tony Bobulinski, a former associate of the president's son Hunter.

When Bobulinski began to answer, AOC cut him off by repeating the question. She then demanded he name specific crimes he witnessed Biden commit.

“You asked me to answer the question, I answered the question,” Bobulinski said. “RICO, you’re obviously not familiar with, corruption [inaudible].”

“Excuse me, sir,” Rep. Ocasio-Cortez interjected. “RICO is not a crime. It is a category.”
The bird site is a-twitter over whether RICO is a category or a crime.

RICO, that is, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, created criminal penalties for those who committed multiple acts of "racketeering activity" (which are themselves crimes) if the acts are specified methods to aid an enterprise.

And the very first count listed in the Georgia indictment against the quadfectee is a violation of the state's RICO act.

I don't know who benefits more (or is hurt more) by these NALs sparring over something meaningless.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bob wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:13 pm I don't know who benefits more (or is hurt more) by these NALs sparring over something meaningless.
This is why you go to a surgeon for knee replacement, not your friendly congressional representative who's not also a surgeon. :twisted:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:13 pm WPDE: AOC spars with Bobulinski over Biden crime claims, says RICO is 'category' not 'crime':
During a Wednesday hearing in President Joe Biden's impeachment inquiry, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., engaged in a tense exchange with a witness whose testimony she said did not satisfy Republicans' accusations of high crimes by the president.

“Is it your testimony today that you personally witnessed President Joe Biden commit a crime?” Rep. Ocasio-Cortez asked Tony Bobulinski, a former associate of the president's son Hunter.

When Bobulinski began to answer, AOC cut him off by repeating the question. She then demanded he name specific crimes he witnessed Biden commit.

“You asked me to answer the question, I answered the question,” Bobulinski said. “RICO, you’re obviously not familiar with, corruption [inaudible].”

“Excuse me, sir,” Rep. Ocasio-Cortez interjected. “RICO is not a crime. It is a category.”
The bird site is a-twitter over whether RICO is a category or a crime.

RICO, that is, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, created criminal penalties for those who committed multiple acts of "racketeering activity" (which are themselves crimes) if the acts are specified methods to aid an enterprise.

And the very first count listed in the Georgia indictment against the quadfectee is a violation of the state's RICO act.

I don't know who benefits more (or is hurt more) by these NALs sparring over something meaningless.
And, even if the RICO act specifies crimes itself, and is not simply an umbrella to add additional punishment to crimes that are specified elsewhere, I think that her question is still valid, at least in spirit. Which specific crimes in the RICO act did Bobulinski witness?

One can't accuse someone with violating TItle 18. You must accuse them of violating a very specific section of the law.

So, had I been AOC, I would have reworded the question to "What actions did you personally witness Joe Biden commiting? Why do you believe that those actions are crimes?" I think that is what she was getting at.

The whole history of the Biden impeachment hearings has been "Biden commited crimes!". "What crimes?". "Illegal crimes!". "Who says so?". "I do. I didn't see it, but I know he did".

Return to “Biden Administration”