💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, "My Kevin" McCarthy House Speaker /Clowns

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Post by Frater I*I »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:20 pm As the traditional forum, the House is not mentioned ...

:think: How about the State Of The Union being presented from the Oval Office 8-)
Better yet the floor of the Senate, with the majority inviting Dem congrescritters from the House :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Slim Cognito
Verified:

💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - "My Kevin" McCarthy "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, House Speaker /Clowns

Post by Slim Cognito »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:52 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:20 pm As the traditional forum, the House is not mentioned ...

:think: How about the State Of The Union being presented from the Oval Office 8-)
Better yet the floor of the Senate, with the majority inviting Dem congrescritters from the House :biggrin:
IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2337.jpg (159.67 KiB) Viewed 933 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:52 pm Well seems like we have yet ANOTHER QOPer who's never read the constitution they so claim to love and cherish....here's my shocked face...

:bored:
Officially, the President does not need to make his report a speech to the joint Congress. It could be done by a letter, and I believe it was done that way often in the earlier days.

Still, the Qpid idiot from Pennsylvania is just making political noise and nothing more.
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

To be fair, then-Speaker Pelosi also noted the House must first invite the president to speak.

Pelosi eventually invited the president. Did other things too. ;)

The president-must-be-invited was a minor plot point on "The West Wing."
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya. The present speaker could just not invite him, and the President could find some other way to deliver the State of the Union. I'msure they are already looking at alternatives.

Alternatively, after the Speaker pulled this stunt, the President could decide to decline the invitation and tell the dingbat to spend the time doing some work.
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:42 pm Ya. The present speaker could just not invite him, and the President could find some other way to deliver the State of the Union. I'msure they are already looking at alternatives.

Alternatively, after the Speaker pulled this stunt, the President could decide to decline the invitation and tell the dingbat to spend the time doing some work.
If the fuckwads do refuse to invite him, Biden should simply do a televised address from the Oval Office and deliver a transcript to Congress, to fulfill his Constitutional obligation.

Technically, Biden doesn't even need to do that much. The Constitution sets no specific timeline for the SOTU. There is nothing that says it must be annual. So, he could deliver his speech and not send a transcript. If the GOP complains, there is really nothing they can do.

Of course, Margie would claim that Biden had deliberately refused to fulfill a legal obligation and that this is just one more item to list in the articles of impeachment.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Word on the street is that Moscow Mike Johnson is refusing to swear in George Santos' replace Tom Suozzi from NY-3. Moscow Mike is currently saying he'll swear him in Thursday, but folks aren't holding their breath. We'll see.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

While that will prevent an opposition vote it still won't replace the missing Republican vote. :doh:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Isn't the Swearing in a formality? The guy is a Member of Congress from a certain time whether he is sworn in or not?

Sounds like the Democrats should trigger a vote on the Speaker like Happened to McCarthy of this speaker is exceeding his authority.
Hic sunt dracones
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

She should have asked Johnson if he was one of the 100+ co-sponsors of the Life from moment of conception act.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

this has also been noticed in European news media among concerns that China is reaching out to take over. Let's better not think what were to happen ought the former guy to become the next guy again :cantlook:
Congress ‘gradually destroying’ US relations with Pacific ally, Marshall Islands president warns
Hilda Heine says US funding delays damage relationship with the Pacific nation as lawmakers say hold-up delivers a ‘gift’ to China

Jon Letman in Hawaii
Wed 28 Feb 2024 02.28 CET

Hilda Heine, the president of the Republic of the Marshall Islands, has warned relations with the US are “gradually being destroyed by party politics” as Congress delays approval of crucial funding for the Pacific nation.

US lawmakers have not yet passed funding packages agreed in 2023 with the Marshall Islands, Palau and the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), in a move some argue is opening the door to China to build its influence in the Pacific region.

“Members of the Congress have to understand that the funds that the US has agreed to provide … did not come because of the generosity of the US government and its citizens, but rather because of hard negotiations between the parties,” Heine told the Guardian in emailed comments.

The support is part of the Compacts of Free Association (Cofa) agreements which the US has in place with the three nations in the north Pacific. Under Cofa, Washington provides visa-free residential and employment rights, economic assistance and other support to the nations, in return for exclusive military access to large and strategic areas of the Pacific.

Asked about the impact of the Cofa funding delay, Heine said: “At the moment [the US-Marshall Islands relationship] is gradually being destroyed by party politics in the US Congress.”

Despite widespread bipartisan support, Cofa is struggling to achieve passage in a deeply divided Congress that is mired in gridlock over funding for Israel, Ukraine, border legislation and the US government’s own operations.

Cofa is seen by some in the Pacific as a test of Washington’s commitment to the region. In the Marshall Islands, the delay has affected funding for health, education and other services, while also inflaming concerns that the US doesn’t support it – something Pacific politicians are sensitive to.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... -palau-fsm
raison de arizona

See where he is coming from? He believes simply allowing gay people to exist will literally cause the fall of the nation. :mad:
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: Speaker Mike Johnson: “The fall of Rome” happened because they “condoned” gay people, not due to invasions, poor central governance, non-stop civil wars, or the growing importance of Byzantium.

No, none of that. To Johnson, it’s because of gay people.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:20 pm
It's a cult.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

His simple question should be "why are you endorsing a rapist?"
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Actually, he was trying to shame her--but not for being a victim or rape. :oldlady:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Always the victim; can't answer a straight answer question.

:oopsy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:29 pm Actually, he was trying to shame her--but not for being a victim or rape. :oldlady:
Totally incapable of being shamed but I guess he had to try.
101010 :towel:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Rolodex wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:12 pm His simple question should be "why are you endorsing a rapist?"
To be fair, the network lawyers have probably sent orders to all on-air personalities that this is the way they must phrase such questions or remarks. TFG hasn't been convicted or the crime of rape.

But I agree that it is completely hypocritical for someone to claim to support rape victims and DJT.

Like birthers and all cultists, she is perfectly able to believe two or more mutually exclusive things. Just as the MAGA crowd can believe that Joe Biden is both a bumbling, senile incompetent while also being a cunning, evil genius, intent on cleverly subverting American democracy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

She used her history as a crime victim to not only dodge the question but to smear the asker of the question. Intellectually dishonest and morally repugnant.

But what do you expect from an Adulterer? /sarcasm
much ado

Post by much ado »

This has been discussed at length. The Judge clarified that Trump's actions met the common definition of rape, if not the strict legal definition. Neither Trump nor anyone else can claim that Trump did not rape her.

WaPo gift: Judge clarifies: Yes, Trump was found to have raped E. Jean Carroll
[July 19, 2023]

The filing from Judge Lewis A. Kaplan came as Trump’s attorneys have sought a new trial and have argued that the jury’s $5 million verdict against Trump in the civil suit was excessive. The reason, they argue, is that sexual abuse could be as limited as the “groping” of a victim’s breasts.

Kaplan roundly rejected Trump’s motion Tuesday, calling that argument “entirely unpersuasive.”

“The finding that Ms. Carroll failed to prove that she was ‘raped’ within the meaning of the New York Penal Law does not mean that she failed to prove that Mr. Trump ‘raped’ her as many people commonly understand the word ‘rape,’ ” Kaplan wrote.

He added: “Indeed, as the evidence at trial recounted below makes clear, the jury found that Mr. Trump in fact did exactly that.”

Kaplan said New York’s legal definition of “rape” is “far narrower” than the word is understood in “common modern parlance.”
raison de arizona

:yeahthat:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Nancy did no less than 20 tweets yesterday trying to hedge her appearance on tv. She's blaming George for her statement and claiming he victimized her. Oh and she brought George Conway into this for some reason.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Current Politics”