Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Poot fight.
https://x.com/KariLake/status/1760269026490753442?s=20
Meghan McCain @MeghanMcCain wrote: Kari Lake is trying to walk back her continued attacks on my Dad (& family) and all of his loyal supporters after telling them to “get the hell out”. Guess she realized she can’t become a Senator without us.

No peace, bitch. We see you for who you are - and are repulsed by it.
Kari Lake @KariLake wrote: Hi Meghan,

As mothers, (both with two kiddos) I’m know we both agree that our children’s future is too important to let it slip away over past grudges or hurt feelings. That’s why I’m working hard to unite Republicans, Independents, Democrats — ALL Americans.

We are facing huge challenges and it’s going to take ‘all hands on deck’ to pull things back from the brink.

My dad passed away from cancer, too. I trust and believe that if our fathers were still with us they would do everything they could to save this Republic.

Our movement to save Arizona & America is growing, and it’s Mama Bears like us who are leading the charge — ALL Moms want the same thing: to leave our children a better America than the one we had.
It’s as simple as that.

I want to make Senator McCain and Larry Lake proud.

I value you. I value your family and I value the passion you have for our state.

I’d love nothing more than to buy you a beer, a coffee or lunch and pick your brain about how we can work together to strengthen our state. My team is sending you my contact info — if you’re willing to meet, it would mean a lot to me.

Thank you, Meghan. I hope we can connect soon! God bless.
Meghan McCain @MeghanMcCain wrote: NO PEACE, BITCH!
https://x.com/MeghanMcCain/status/17603 ... 90352?s=20
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Was that the whole letter from Kari? I couldn't find the part where she apologized.

:bored:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That’s why I’m working hard to unite Republicans, Independents, Democrats
By alienating Democrats and independents like me and dismissing their votes. Brilliant strategy.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/BarryMarkson1/status/1760 ... 16704?s=20
Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1 wrote: BREAKING: Meghan McCain joins @OutspokenKTAR tomorrow at 4pm to respond to our Kari Lake interview on Monday.

@MeghanMcCain heard our interview with Kari Lake and heard Kari say her attacks on John McCain and his supporters (which is A LOT of people in AZ) werejust a joke. Except it wasnt a joke, and we later played other parts of the same speech where she attacked John McCain and other respected AZ conservatives and AZ Republican voters. She told them "get out."

The real question is why Kari won't just admit she was wrong and apologize? Kari was a friend of the McCains, a close friend of the family, yet she had no problem attacking John McCain over and over, and she even attacked Cindy McCain in her recent book. Meghan is right, "we see you for who you are - and we are repulsed by it."
Meghan McCain @MeghanMcCain wrote: Kari Lake is trying to walk back her continued attacks on my Dad (& family) and all of his loyal supporters after telling them to “get the hell out”. Guess she realized she can’t become a Senator without us.

No peace, bitch. We see you for who you are - and are repulsed by it.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Kari Lake is a grifting opportunist.

That is all.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Cyrus Breckenridge

Post by Cyrus Breckenridge »

Hi Meghan,

As mothers, (both with two kiddos) I’m know we both agree that our children’s future is too important to let it slip away over past grudges or hurt feelings. That’s why I’m working hard to unite Republicans, Independents, Democrats — ALL Americans.

We are facing huge challenges and it’s going to take ‘all hands on deck’ to pull things back from the brink.

My dad passed away from cancer, too. I trust and believe that if our fathers were still with us they would do everything they could to save this Republic.

Our movement to save Arizona & America is growing, and it’s Mama Bears like us who are leading the charge — ALL Moms want the same thing: to leave our children a better America than the one we had.
It’s as simple as that.

I want to make Senator McCain and Larry Lake proud.

I value you. I value your family and I value the passion you have for our state.

I’d love nothing more than to buy you a beer, a coffee or lunch and pick your brain about how we can work together to strengthen our state. My team is sending you my contact info — if you’re willing to meet, it would mean a lot to me.

Thank you, Meghan. I hope we can connect soon! God bless.
That has to be one of the most dishonest, repulsive communications from a poliitician I have ever seen. [tfg excluded]
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I like Megan’s response

“Meghan McCain @MeghanMcCain wrote:
NO PEACE, BITCH! “

:thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Ruben Gallego @RubenGallego wrote: Reminder - Kari Lake on John McCain:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Arizona Supreme Court won't dismiss Stephen Richer's defamation suit against Kari Lake

By Wayne Schutsky
Published: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 - 5:47am Updated: Wednesday, March 6, 2024 - 7:20am

The Arizona Supreme Court will let Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer’s defamation case against fellow Republican Kari Lake go to trial.

Richer sued Lake over her repeated, unproven claims that he played a role in sabotaging the 2022 election she lost to Gov. Katie Hobbs. He said false statements made by Lake and her campaign led to violent threats and security concerns for his family.

Richer asked for damages and wants the court to force Lake to retract the alleged defamatory statements.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Jay Adelman denied Lake’s request to dismiss the case last year, finding Lake’s attorneys failed to prove Richer brought the suit for an improper purpose. An Arizona Court of Appeals panel declined to consider her appeal of that decision.

https://kjzz.org/content/1873242/arizon ... -kari-lake
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Stephen Richer.... :daydreaming:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

She’s so afraid of what discovery would expose that she just gave up.

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

What happened to never surrender and I’ll never give up?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

This is turning out to be a rather nice day.

:popcorn:
bob

Post by bob »

I read those snippets of the motion.

Very feisty. It reads like it some sort of attempted 4-D chess move to force the court to rule against Richer because Richer won't be able to promptly prove up his damages.

And Lake demands Richer's medical records, to determine how damaged he was by her.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks. Bob. From my editor's perch, I thought it was a weird motion--defensive in that attacking way, nasty, and full of complaints about issues that were obviously off topic.

I got an especial kick out of the "only 8 paragraphs out of this frivolous 170 page suit" that Richer filed had anything to do with actual damages. The implication being that 1) the suit was garbage, and 2) anything not mentioned in those eight para shouldn't be brought up at trial.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I am surprised!!!!!! :eek:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bob wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:38 pm I read those snippets of the motion.

Very feisty. It reads like it some sort of attempted 4-D chess move to force the court to rule against Richer because Richer won't be able to promptly prove up his damages.

And Lake demands Richer's medical records, to determine how damaged he was by her.
How can Lake demand such records when discovery is skipped by requesting default judgment? Will their be a separate discovery phase for the jury trial requested?
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:51 am
bob wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:38 pm I read those snippets of the motion.

How can Lake demand such records when discovery is skipped by requesting default judgment? Will their be a separate discovery phase for the jury trial requested?
I'm guessing her argument is "He's claiming damages, therefore he either suffered physical injury or mental trauma of some kind, and treatment records will prove how bad it was and therefore are relevant to how much he should be paid if at all for this damage." But, as IANAL, :shrug:

On the other hand, sometimes, MAGA folks, birfers, sovcits, and all these other fringers see themselves as :duel: while the rest of us see them as :yankyank:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bob

Post by bob »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:51 amHow can Lake demand such records when discovery is skipped by requesting default judgment? Will their be a separate discovery phase for the jury trial requested?
Which is why, in the real world, a defendant would just: (1) answer the complaint, (2) admit liability, and then (3) proceed to discovery (and trial) concerning the damages.
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

In Richer v. Lake, the Ariz. Super. Ct. orders the parties to meet to discuss plaintiff's discovery, mediation, and scheduling.

I am becoming more convinced Lake thought she could file this and demand a quickie hearing before Richer had time to marshal evidence of his damages. The judge appears not to be having any of that.
Image ImageImage
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

bob wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm In Richer v. Lake, the Ariz. Super. Ct. orders the parties to meet to discuss plaintiff's discovery, mediation, and scheduling.

I am becoming more convinced Lake thought she could file this and demand a quickie hearing before Richer had time to marshal evidence of his damages. The judge appears not to be having any of that.
Lake or her lawyer?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

bob wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm In Richer v. Lake, the Ariz. Super. Ct. orders the parties to meet to discuss plaintiff's discovery, mediation, and scheduling.

Agree, and think Joe LaRue, Barry Markson, Tom Ryan, and Arizona's Law do too also. Huge mistake. Somehow I've gotten wired in with these guys, they're terrific and we're following each other.

I've been Eastman and Clarking, but Barry wrote a great column about Kari in Daily Beast at https://t.co/LLexnLe8TU. His posts are fire:

Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1
Kari Lake is selling more lies to her supporters. Kari and her sycophants are trying to tell you her default in the defamation case was strategic and a win. In reality, it was a very big mistake which is now confirmed by the court.

The judge confirms what every lawyer knows, by defaulting, Kari Lake LOST "ALL RIGHTS TO LITIGATE THE MERITS" of the case. That means she can't deny she lied and defamed @stephen_richer and she can't deny her defamatory false statements injured Richer and caused his damages. Kari Lake already lost. The only question now is the amount of Richer's damages, which will be huge when you include damage to his reputation.

Kari also thinks that by surrendering she won't have to turn over her texts, emails and recordings, or be deposed. WRONG! The court's order yesterday orders Kari and Richer to submit a proposed scheduling order, which will include discovery deadlines. Kari asked the court to order an evidentiary hearing in 5 days for Richer to prove his damages, and she said in an interview yesterday that this put Richer on his heels. The judge laughed at this and REJECTED Kari's demand. Instead, Richer and his attorneys will be allowed to conduct discovery and gather more information from Kari to prove his damages case, which includes punitive damages to PUNISH Kari. The next status conference is a month away.

The court's order is a wake up call to Kari, her lawyers and her sycophants that Kari's surrender was not a smart move, she is not tough or a fighter, this was a huge mistake, and Kari gave up with a whimper.

Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1
Kari Lake made a big mistake defaulting in the defamation case. She concedes not only liability, that her false statements defamed @stephen_richer but she also concedes causation under Az law. That means she can no longer argue that the defamatory statements did not CAUSE Richer's damages. That's a huge loss for her and something most defendants utilize to defend against plaintiff's damages. She can argue he wasn't damaged at all, but if Richer can show damages (and he can and will), Kari can no longer argue her false and defamatory statements didn't cause the damages. It's a big mistake that hurts Kari.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

ETA: Did a bit of Kari Lake catch-up tweeting. :P

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 3m
🥳 Arizona Democrats @azdemparty & @RubenGallego should send a fruit basket to Kari Lake's lawyers Tim La Sota & Jen Wright for destroying any chance she had for #AZSen in November. @stephen_richer should send champagne for his re-elect -- but just have her sent the bill now. 🥂

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 48s
Here's your hookup -- another great 🧵 by @tomryanlaw for 'Zona Litigation Disaster Tourists about #KariLake's total disaster, implosion & surrender:

Tom Ryan @tomryanlaw 1h
Dear 'Zona Litigation Disaster Tourists (sigh!) more Kari Lake default stuff for you to consume. But it will make you brighter than the MAGA crowd, so stick with me. I'll do my best to make it easy to understand. 1/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Wonder if the Puddle realized that she was going to lose, so it would be better to have it done and over with before the elections.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I wonder what made her cave. Also, I assume he's got some juicy death threats, etc., from Lake supporters, which seems like a form of harm.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”