JOE MANCHIN

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
AndyinPA
Verified:

JOE MANCHIN

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/16/politics ... index.html
CNN —

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin announced Friday that he will not mount a 2024 campaign for president.

“I will not be seeking a third-party run. I will not be involved in a presidential run,” the retiring Democratic senator said in a speech at West Virginia University in Morgantown.

Manchin has been on a national listening tour as he weighed jumping in as a third-party presidential candidate, potentially on the No Labels ticket. He has criticized President Joe Biden for being too liberal but also said that he would refuse to be part of any effort that would help Donald Trump return to the White House.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
W. Kevin Vicklund

JOE MANCHIN

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

noblepa

JOE MANCHIN

Post by noblepa »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:12 pm https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/16/politics ... index.html
CNN —

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin announced Friday that he will not mount a 2024 campaign for president.

“I will not be seeking a third-party run. I will not be involved in a presidential run,” the retiring Democratic senator said in a speech at West Virginia University in Morgantown.

Manchin has been on a national listening tour as he weighed jumping in as a third-party presidential candidate, potentially on the No Labels ticket. He has criticized President Joe Biden for being too liberal but also said that he would refuse to be part of any effort that would help Donald Trump return to the White House.
Hasn't his entire legislative career been an effort to help Donald Trump return to the White House?

He is not and never has been a Democrat.

If he is still in the Senate in January, and the R's take the majority, my bet is that he will switch parties.
AndyinPA
Verified:

JOE MANCHIN

Post by AndyinPA »

He's not running again. That Democratic seat (always was an in-name only from way back when the Dems were in control in WV) will go to a repulblican next year. He has managed to win as a Democrat in a state turned red for quite a while. I think he knew that time was gone.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

JOE MANCHIN

Post by keith »

If he did run as an independent, who the heck would this DINO Manchin guy hope to take votes from?

He hasn't been an actual Democrat for years, any more than Sinema. Does he really think he's gonna steal votes from Biden?

I guess the answer is no he doesn't, and that's why he isn't gonna run.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

JOE MANCHIN

Post by raison de arizona »

Manchin dealing with protestors.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Current Politics”