Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by RTH10260 »

Sometime earlier Jack Smith had asked the former guy in a motion if he intends to claim at trial that his attorneys fed him misleading information for withholding classified documents (as gleaned from his many public statements). Jack Smith asked him to reveal all that information, that now would be non-privileged in this criminal case.

The former guy must have replied (I missed that part) rejecting a requirement for such disclosure.

Now Jack Smith filed a sur-reply.

MTN Ben Meiselas goes into those details.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Somebunny isn't producing discovery.
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .252.0.pdf
That Order contemplates a Joint Discovery Report
being filed, but as the Defendants have yet to produce any discovery, the Government has prepared
this Report.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump lawyers say document shows he kept ‘Q’ clearance for nuclear secrets
In Florida trial involving classified documents, Donald Trump’s lawyers are seeking more information about a Department of Energy clearance list

By Perry Stein
January 17, 2024 at 1:43 p.m. EST

Former president Donald Trump’s lawyers say they may use evidence suggesting that Trump had a high-level security clearance as recently as last year to bolster their defense that the former president was acting in “good-faith and non-criminal states of mind” when he took sensitive documents from the White House to his Florida residence after leaving office.

The revelation came in a legal filing late Tuesday night in which Trump’s attorneys urged Judge Aileen M. Cannon — who is overseeing Trump’s federal trial in Florida for allegedly mishandling classified documents — to force prosecutors to produce more information about the evidence they have about the former president. A “motion to compel discovery” is a standard part of pre-trial legal proceedings.

In the 65-page filing, Trump’s lawyers disclosed some of the defenses they plan to use in the case, one of four criminal trials Trump is facing. They asked for communication between prosecutors and the Biden administration, which they said could show that the indictment against Trump is politically motivated, and they argued that prosecutors must show more evidence that Trump damaged national security by possessing the documents.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... r-secrets/
guest link https://wapo.st/4baJkP0
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

They don't have to show he damaged national security. Mishandling certain documents is enough to get someone locked up.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Trying to give the loose cannon any excuse to scupper the case.
raison de arizona

New Turtle wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:06 am They don't have to show he damaged national security. Mishandling certain documents is enough to get someone locked up.
:yeahthat:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

New Turtle wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:06 am They don't have to show he damaged national security. Mishandling certain documents is enough to get someone locked up.
I had a client who got 10 years for retaining fewer documents.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
much ado

Post by much ado »

They want to claim this is a "victimless crime", hence, no crime.

But the law does not work that way.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
realist

Post by realist »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:25 pm
I find it very hard to believe that the FBI would not have searched every room.
Image X 4
Image X 32
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

realist wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:56 pm
One was a closet in the residence that was locked--a space under a staircase. the FBI were told that there was nothing in it, and they bought it. (No preferential treatment there.... :brickwallsmall: ) The other was a secret room/space behind a big cabinet/dresser in the residence, which they missed altogether, having declined to move all the furniture, which, as I understand it, is standard. Again.

Smith found out when witnesses told them that the FBI had missed the two spaces.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

They need to stop calling it the documents case and start calling it the espionage case.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
realist

Post by realist »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:08 pm
One was a closet in the residence that was locked--a space under a staircase. the FBI were told that there was nothing in it, and they bought it. (No preferential treatment there.... :brickwallsmall: ) The other was a secret room/space behind a big cabinet/dresser in the residence, which they missed altogether, having declined to move all the furniture, which, as I understand it, is standard. Again.

Smith found out when witnesses told them that the FBI had missed the two spaces.
Yeah, I got all that, just find it ridiculous (hard to believe) they didn't search everything.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

I have a couple of secret doors and rooms in my house. It would be interesting to see if the cops could find them. I had to access one the other day when a repairman was here and he was shocked to see it. Obviously he wasn't searching the house but still. Plus I don't have classified documents that I've stolen hidden in those spaces.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Guess I watch too many movies. There's no detective that thinks wait a minute the room size doesn't match the measurements on the outside
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

realist wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:30 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:08 pm

Yeah, I got all that, just find it ridiculous (hard to believe) they didn't search everything.
Welcome to life in the autocracy.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:48 pm Guess I watch too many movies. There's no detective that thinks wait a minute the room size doesn't match the measurements on the outside
Thats not as easy to pick up on as you think.
raison de arizona

One was a closet in the residence that was locked--a space under a staircase. the FBI were told that there was nothing in it, and they bought it.
Rule #1: Don't believe ANYTHING tfg or his camp says. Ever. Always verify.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The FBI is not immune to corruption. AD Steven D'Antuono, the effing Trumper who is blamed for holding up the Jan 6 investigation, also headed up the MAL search. He first fought doing it, then he fought to tell fuckhead about it first, then he insisted the agents wore casual clothes so as not to upset anyone.

You don't think some of that shit filtered down to the agents in the field? You don't think they thought, "The boss wouldn't want us to break open any doors..."? I do.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:40 pm The FBI is not immune to corruption. AD Steven D'Antuono, the effing Trumper who is blamed for holding up the Jan 6 investigation, also headed up the MAL search. He first fought doing it, then he fought to tell fuckhead about it first, then he insisted the agents wore casual clothes so as not to upset anyone.

You don't think some of that shit filtered down to the agents in the field? You don't think they thought, "The boss wouldn't want us to break open any doors..."? I do.
Per him, it was all normal. :roll:
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/1 ... h-00101602
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

OT. bit about hidden rooms...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 2173502680

Source link above, but won't embed.
Attachments
stairs.jpg
stairs.jpg (98.05 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
raison de arizona

Chilidog wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:30 pm One thing that seems confirmed and obvious now, to me at least, is that it was Corcoran who dropped the dime and ratted out Trump for the false statement in response to the subpoena.
:winner:
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins wrote: NEWS — Evan Corcoran, the Trump attorney who became a critical witness in the classified documents case against the former president, has quietly left his legal team. Full story at 9:00 right now.
The story at 9:
► Show Spoiler
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

nice post necromancy!!

june of last year.
raison de arizona

Corcoran is bad news for tfg, details.
Adam Parkhomenko @AdamParkhomenko wrote: This is so bad for Trump. "Plucking" and all. Excellent reporting.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

TFG would argue that it was a "perfect and totally legal" request since, you know, women pluck eyebrows all the time. Or something.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”