Republicans behaving well.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm just tired of everyone demanding a "month" now, because one group got one.
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:12 pm
:snippity:
“But, looking at some of the comments that were said tonight, I appreciate what’s being said,” he added. “It’s not (that) you’re looking for me to agree—it’s to support the community. … And I think that’s something I really didn’t appreciate before, that I really didn’t take to heart.”
I sat in a meeting once (at a church) some years ago regarding LGTB inclusion. At first, I held out little hope for anything usable to happen but was amazingly surprised. When they set up a situation where people could safely tell their stories and also listen, people saw things differently. I watched at the end when folks with opinions on the opposite side came up and hugged each other. Though their beliefs may not have changed, they also realized the importance of supporting everybody in the community. They begin to see that below the labels they might toss at each other, there was still a person. It was a start.

It sounds like the guy in the quote had an experience with "conversations that matter" and realized that the whole issue is not about labels of beliefs, but people. From their begins discernment.

Stop yelling, start listening.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Former AZ House Speaker Rusty Bowers on Rudy Giuliani and Donald Trump pressuring him to pick Trump’s fake electors:

“I wanted him to win...I am not going to cheat to win...I flat out said, ‘You’re asking me to break my oath.’...I swore an oath. I’m not going to break it.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

There goes another disloyal traitor kicked out of the Trump Old Party.
101010 :towel:

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”