Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron Desantis 2024

Suranis

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Growing up I only remember one Bible in the house, a really heavy "Family Bible" with space to write names and notes of Family members, that looked like a spellbook from a film. You could have killed someone if you had the strength to throw it at them. It actually had a really lovely print, and had photos of Renascence paintings of scenes from the Old and New Testament. Of course it being my family it spent most of its time in the storage area under the couch.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: Ron DeSantis: "I think the danger from Congress is if we lose the election, they’re going to try to nationalize abortion up until the moment of birth. And in some liberal states, you have post-birth abortions and think that is wrong." @justinbaragona
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

:crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

"nationalize abortion"

I guess that's what people fear ought the Republicans get to full power. :cantlook:
Rolodex

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Rolodex »

What's so dumb is that these folks wanted Roe overturned because they didn't want federal law allowing choice and wanted states to be able to decide for themselves. Yay! Roe got overturned, just as they wanted! So...some of the states did decide: voters enshrined the right to choice into their constitutions and made abortion legal. So now...these jokers want a NATIONAL law outlawing abortion.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Casey Desantis 2024

Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Oh boy, Casey got the microphone again. Kim Reynolds and Ron get the rest of the night off. This is the only time I like watching Ron’s face.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

Christina Pushaw is the rapid response director for the 2024 presidential campaign of Ron DeSantis. Speculation is that she intended to text this to someone, not tweet it.
IMG_6667.png
IMG_6667.png (144.61 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by neonzx »

She must be a newbie in multiple areas.
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:01 am Christina Pushaw is the rapid response director for the 2024 presidential campaign of Ron DeSantis. Speculation is that she intended to text this to someone, not tweet it.
IMG_6667.png
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:17 am
The Intellectualist @highbrow_nobrow wrote: Ron DeSantis: "I think the danger from Congress is if we lose the election, they’re going to try to nationalize abortion up until the moment of birth. And in some liberal states, you have post-birth abortions and think that is wrong." @justinbaragona
What procedure is it that they call 'post birth abortion'? I've never been able to figure that out.
neonzx

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by neonzx »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:12 am What procedure is it that they call 'post birth abortion'? I've never been able to figure that out.
The partial-birth abortion argument didn't work well so they moved on from there?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Post-birth abortion is when, after an abortion fails, the fetus is delivered still living and the decision is made not to provide radical life-extending medical care. Note that these circumstances only arise in a very narrow window at the edge of viability, and the abortions that take place then are almost always because of severe birth defects. It is extremely rare that a failed abortion can survive more than a few days even with medical care. This is basically a DNR for infants, and is no different than letting an infant born with a fatal defect (like in the story shared on the Roe-related threads yesterday) pass without medical care.

That said, back in 2012 a pair of doctors wrote an article proposing that it is ethical to actively euthanize failed abortions. This doesn't actually happen, of course, but it fueled the forced-birthers fear machine.

ETA: palliative care may still be provided in these circumstances
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Kriselda Gray »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:34 am Post-birth abortion is when, after an abortion fails, the fetus is delivered still living and the decision is made not to provide radical life-extending medical care.
Thanks!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by keith »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:12 am What procedure is it that they call 'post birth abortion'? I've never been able to figure that out.
Infanticide?

Homicide?

Manslaughter?

Murder?

Any of the above?

Any if the above>
Edit: oops. I misread the question.Never mind.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

Move over, rover, let Casey take over. (Casey takes over the interview as Ron stands by with a slowly fading smile.)
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

What Went Wrong for Ron DeSantis in 2023
:snippity:
The New York Times interviewed for this article more than a dozen current and past advisers to Mr. DeSantis and his allied groups, most of whom spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a candidate they still support and a campaign that is still soldiering on. Those advisers paint a portrait of a disillusioned presidential candidacy, marked by finger-pointing, fatalism and grand plans designed in a Tallahassee hotel in early spring gone awry by winter.

Cash is scarce as the caucuses near. Never Back Down, which spent heavily to knock on doors in far-flung states like North Carolina and California last summer, canceled its remaining television ads in Iowa and New Hampshire on Friday, though new pro-DeSantis super PACs are picking up the slack.

Federal records show that, by the time of the Iowa caucuses, the DeSantis campaign is on pace to spend significantly more on private jets — the governor’s preferred mode of travel — than on airing television ads.
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/24/us/p ... antis.html
raison de arizona

Ron Desantis 2024

Fantasy land.
The Recount @therecount wrote: “Every booster you take, you’re more likely to get COVID as a result of it.”

— Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) makes a baseless claim at a town hall in New Hampshire
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Frater I*I »

Stick a fork in yourself buddy....because you're done...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
qbawl

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by qbawl »

"MNRA shots‽" Sounds dangerous.
Kendra

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
DeSantis campaign cancels Sunday interview on CNN’s "State of the Union"
From CNN's Kyle Blaine, Kit Maher and Jessica Dean

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will no longer appear on CNN’s "State of the Union" on Sunday after his campaign canceled the interview, the network announced.

“Unfortunately, tomorrow’s scheduled interview on @CNNSOTU w/ @RonDeSantis was cancelled by the campaign. We look forward to having the Governor join us on the show in the near future,” the show posted on X Saturday.
The Florida governor also canceled a Sunday interview with NBC's "Meet The Press," host Kristen Welker posted on X. DeSantis pulled out "due to what a person familiar says is a last-minute schedule change," she said.

The campaign told CNN it was canceling DeSantis’ appearance for logistical reasons. DeSantis, who is in South Carolina, is now scheduled to appear in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Sunday evening for a meet and greet.

A spokesperson for the DeSantis campaign tweeted details about the governor's canceled interviews, saying, "The media hits were canceled due to a scheduling issue and will be rescheduled."

"The governor will be traveling Sunday morning with the campaign and has public events scheduled Sunday evening through Tuesday in NH," Bryan Griffin tweeted Saturday night.

A campaign source reiterated the cancellation was due to scheduling issues.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

And I have a bridge to sell you.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
neonzx

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by neonzx »

Sounds fishy. A politician campaigning but skipping free airtime on Sunday morning political network TV shows?

I think he's going to dropping out soon.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Signs point to yes.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by Suranis »

The guy had the advantage of three years of Fox News talking him up and saying how great he is, and then he fucks it up by being a complete Cockwomble.
Cockwomble

A person, usually male, prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behavior while generally having a very high opinion of his own wisdom and importance.
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by sad-cafe »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:20 pm Fantasy land.
The Recount @therecount wrote: “Every booster you take, you’re more likely to get COVID as a result of it.”

— Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) makes a baseless claim at a town hall in New Hampshire
member???

does he mean REmember?

what a f'n 2 year old
sugar magnolia

Ron Desantis 2024

Post by sugar magnolia »

Kendra wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:01 pm https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
DeSantis campaign cancels Sunday interview on CNN’s "State of the Union"
From CNN's Kyle Blaine, Kit Maher and Jessica Dean

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis will no longer appear on CNN’s "State of the Union" on Sunday after his campaign canceled the interview, the network announced.

“Unfortunately, tomorrow’s scheduled interview on @CNNSOTU w/ @RonDeSantis was cancelled by the campaign. We look forward to having the Governor join us on the show in the near future,” the show posted on X Saturday.
The Florida governor also canceled a Sunday interview with NBC's "Meet The Press," host Kristen Welker posted on X. DeSantis pulled out "due to what a person familiar says is a last-minute schedule change," she said.

The campaign told CNN it was canceling DeSantis’ appearance for logistical reasons. DeSantis, who is in South Carolina, is now scheduled to appear in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Sunday evening for a meet and greet.

A spokesperson for the DeSantis campaign tweeted details about the governor's canceled interviews, saying, "The media hits were canceled due to a scheduling issue and will be rescheduled."

"The governor will be traveling Sunday morning with the campaign and has public events scheduled Sunday evening through Tuesday in NH," Bryan Griffin tweeted Saturday night.

A campaign source reiterated the cancellation was due to scheduling issues.
Well, if the campaign reiterated it, it is surely a lie.

Return to “US President”