Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

At this rate, the motion-to-vacate is going to become the one go-to thing they keep practicing or threatening and then the day will come that the next (D) Speaker returns the rule to its previous threshold or a similar one; then the next time one of the Great Illiterates of the (R) side of the house tries to enter one, they'll be all "What do you mean I can't do that anymore?"
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Jeez, She must have been a handful as a child.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

bill_g wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:13 pm Jeez, She must have been a handful as a child.
Turns out she was extraordinarily unremarkable.

She came of age in Cumming, the seat of Forsyth County. With her turtleneck sweaters and highlighted mall bangs, Marge Taylor might have been any other teenage girl in America. At South Forsyth High School, class of 1992, she was a member of the Spanish club and a manager of the soccer team. She may not have been voted Most Spirited, but she dressed to theme during homecoming week; she may not have had the Best Sense of Humor, but by graduation she had amassed her share of inside jokes with friends. “Shh … It’s the people outside!” her senior quote reads in the high-school yearbook. “Run the cops are here! I’m gone!!” She was “nice to everyone,” “upbeat,” with “tons of confidence,” recalls Leslie Hamburger, a friend of hers and her brother David’s. “I have nothing but good memories.” The good-but-not-great student was hardly, in other words, an overachieving scold already plotting her ascent to Washington. It’s difficult to imagine an 18-year-old Ted Cruz bothering with something called the Hot Tuna Club.
Super interesting article.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... nd/672229/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:24 pm Go mtg, do it! :dance:
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene says she told Speaker Mike Johnson she would motion to “vacate the chair” if he does not comply with her demands.
I have no doubt that she will do that. I wonder if the rest of the Rs will fall for it again, or whatever number is needed to pass it. And they need considerably fewer this time don’t they? Does she think she’s got a shot at the speakership?

Too also, will the Dems go along with it this time, Considering the government shutdown deadline looming.

It would be ironic If it was the Dems that saved Johnson, not that he would show his appreciation.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I think I read the Dems would vote for him for speaker this time to avoid the same mess.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:18 pm I wish I could remember where I saw it, but I think I read the Dems would vote for him for speaker this time to avoid the same mess.
That might be a good strategy for the Dems. When McCarthy was booted, the Reps tried to blame the Dems for the resulting chaos.

If the Dems go along and boot Johnson now, a government shutdown is all but certain. The Rs would definitely try to blame that on the Dems. Not good optics in an election year.

The Dems can always help oust him when a shutdown is not in the cards. And, you know that someone in the Freedumb Caucus will get pissed at Johnson for SOMETHING before the end of the year. Johnson seems to be making at least a half-hearted attempt to govern, something MTG, Gaetz, Boebert and the like are completely uninterested in.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

I imagine if the dems did vote for him, that would be the end of his GoP career since it would feed into the already strengthening narrative that he is a RINO or a sellout or some explanation for why he is actually trying to do his job instead of burn it down.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Dems - do it! :twisted:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

XPOST

Laura Loomer @LauraLoomer wrote: Ok @RepMTG

So are you going to just tweet about it, or keep your word? You were just on @FoxNews before the CR vote today, and you said you planned to make a motion to vacate @SpeakerJohnson Mike Johnson if a CR was passed.

You said you would do that. Here you are on video. Yet, I don’t see you calling for a Motion to Vacate.

Why did you lie to the American people?

The American people want real fighters who keep their word. We don’t want show boaters who make things up and don’t keep their word.

When will you be calling for a motion to vacate like you said you would?

Cc: @MariaBartiromo, don’t let MTG get away with lying to America on your show.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 @RepMTG wrote: Today Congress voted to avert a crisis, the government shutdown, by passing Nancy Pelosi’s budget for the 4th time.

I voted NO for the 4th time.

There are MANY real crises.

Ask the American people, they don’t consider avoiding a government shutdown averting a crisis.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Maybe she finally figured out which side of the bread is buttered.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Last July.
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona

:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Pepsi through the nose is most unpleasant, and don’t even ask how it was for the people at the next table.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Love it!
raison de arizona

I'm detecting a pattern: Anyone doing something MAGA doesn't like should be Lock 'Em Upped.
The Lincoln Project @ProjectLincoln wrote: “This primary is over... These political consultants should go to jail for continuing this [Nikki Haley] campaign” - Marjorie Taylor Greene

These are no "freedom loving patriots" they purport to be, they're completely un-American extremists.
raison de arizona

In-dick-table :lol:
Really American 🇺🇸 @ReallyAmerican1 wrote: Sitting member of Congress Marjorie Taylor Greene having a normal one, struggling to pronounce the word "indictable," or correctly read a number with seven digits.

There MUST be a higher bar.
Stay in school, folks.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

word is she challenges the guys to a distance contest.
Attachments
mtpee.jpeg
mtpee.jpeg (68.42 KiB) Viewed 9691 times
raison de arizona

In this episode, mtg demonstrates her command of the obvious.
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene: “When they came to Washington and protested, all of you called that an insurrection. And then when Joe Biden was inaugurated, and this Capitol was surrounded with 30,000 National Guard troops, none of you stood there and called that an insurrection.”
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Doesn't get much more stupid than that. :cantlook:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:03 pm In this episode, mtg demonstrates her command of the obvious.
https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/stat ... 21617?s=20
Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene: “When they came to Washington and protested, all of you called that an insurrection. And then when Joe Biden was inaugurated, and this Capitol was surrounded with 30,000 National Guard troops, none of you stood there and called that an insurrection.”
Nah - as long as they protested it was a protest. Once they stormed the Capitol they interrupted a legal and required legislative proceeding. That's when
the insurrection part comes into play :cantlook: Only Marjorie can associate an inauguration with insurrection :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
raison de arizona

Dafuq is a "title wave"?

Again.
► Show Spoiler
A REAL title wave!
► Show Spoiler
I couldn't verify this tweet, it may have been removed, I may just be having trouble locating it because it is old, or it may be fake. I've seen it posted a bunch though, so :shrug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lawmaker levels epic zing at MTG: 'What are you doing in the men's bathroom?'

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylo ... -bathroom/
The far-right lawmaker, who is best known for having embraced QAnon conspiracy theories before being elected and getting expelled from the far-right Freedom Caucus, took a shot at McGovern after he lambasted her in a House Rules Committee meeting, where he sits as ranking member.

"The clowns are running the circus," said McGovern. "We’re wasting time on Marjorie Taylor Greene because she wants to impeach someone. Don’t get me started on her absurd censure resolution of Congresswoman Omar that she introduced because she doesn’t know how to use Google Translate."

"Wow, this is coming from the same guy who is well known to lay his suit jacket on the actual bathroom floor while spending a lot of time in the stall of the first floor bathroom of the Capitol," Greene posted in reply. "Eww. That’s probably when he comes up with all this [poop emoji]."

McGovern, however, shot back with a ready retort.

"No idea what you’re talking about," he wrote. "What are you doing in the men’s bathroom aren’t you late for a klan meeting?"
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Acyn @Acyn wrote: Raskin: Will you yield to a question?

Greene: No I will not yield to one your stupid questions that are always attacking me and President Trump

Raskin: How about a smart question?

Greene: You have no smart questions

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”