trump (convicted felon, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by Greatgrey »

It’s not just magnets that baffle him. Biology is hard.

It’s possible that Melania’s “kidney work” was on her chest.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Jon Cooper @joncoopertweets wrote: 👀 WATCH: Former Trump DHS official @MilesTaylorUSA explains how he literally had to write highly classified national security memos at a first grade reading level so Trump could understand them. Incredible, but sadly not surprising.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

On immunity, and indicting Biden.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If the president does it, it’s not illegal. Where have I heard that before?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

If he thinks he has Presidential blanket immunity for anything he did while president, then he ought to be shouting from the rooftops that people need to leave Biden alone - everything he does is perfectly legal and fine since he's the president - and we all know they have complete immunity. Right?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:14 pm If he thinks he has Presidential blanket immunity for anything he did while president, then he ought to be shouting from the rooftops that people need to leave Biden alone - everything he does is perfectly legal and fine since he's the president - and we all know they have complete immunity. Right?
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 3565971053
Likely what rda posted earlier in spoiler tag. It won't let me copy the text, so you'll have to go there and read for yourself.
tek

Post by tek »

He's showing up in court for free publicity before Iowa.
IMHO.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

“The least I am entitled to is Presidential immunity…”

Such a whiny loser and criminal..
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

tek wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:19 pm He's showing up in court for free publicity before Iowa.
IMHO.
The Judges will be shaking in their boots when they get to stand in the limelight of a former impotus :lol:

Neither will he get to hear their final judgment, they will take it under advisement to exactly write up their conclusion.
raison de arizona

From the all publicity is good publicity department, we bring you this week's New Yorker cover.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:19 pm From the all publicity is good publicity department, we bring you this week's New Yorker cover.
I'm currently reading a book by Erik Larson called In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin. [He wrote Devil in the White City for which he's probably best known - a murder at the world's fair in Chicago] This book tell of events in Berlin (and Germany in general) during 1933 and a few years after, concentrating on the American ambassador to Germany, William Dodd. He was an academic with connections which is how he ended up as an ambassador from without the ranks of government or foreign service ranks (he'd lived in Germany and gone to school there. His debutante-ish daughter Martha is a feature in the book as well.

They were both writers, so there is a pretty good record of their experiences and thoughts from that time. So many parallels to today it's chilling - no one thinks Hitler is as crazy as he seems; President Hindenburg and the others will hold him in check, etc. In 1934, when Hitler sends his SS to kill/quash the SA (the much-hated and violent Brown Shirts), the populace is mostly placated and glad he did it. Even though Jews were terribly persecuted - they were being banned from jobs, etc at this time, only about 1/20th of them left the country.

Anyway, all that to say - that magazine cover called that book to my mind. All there in plain sight and it's so bizarre and yet gradual, it's impossible to believe. During the 2020 election when he said "we'll see" or something about not leaving office if he lost, I thought it was just his bloviating and big talk. Others said, no, he means it and I just couldn't wrap my mind around that, even though his disorders had been out there on display for all those years. And should have seen it since I had a parent much like him.

Highly recommend this book if you are interested in Germany prior to WW2 or even Germany's invasion of Sudentenland or Poland or how the administration viewed Hitler/Germany during this time period.

https://eriklarsonbooks.com/book/in-the ... of-beasts/
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

To me the question isn't the leader willing to do anything. There's always that guy. It's the thousands (or millions) who go along with it and even facilitate it. What is wrong with all of them?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think it’s time for me to reread It Can't happen Here.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:31 pm I think it’s time for me to reread It Can't happen Here.
There's a play version of that and I'd love to do a reading of that soon.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:21 pm To me the question isn't the leader willing to do anything. There's always that guy. It's the thousands (or millions) who go along with it and even facilitate it. What is wrong with all of them?
This.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Something about leopards eating faces?

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:14 pm If he thinks he has Presidential blanket immunity for anything he did while president, then he ought to be shouting from the rooftops that people need to leave Biden alone - everything he does is perfectly legal and fine since he's the president - and we all know they have complete immunity. Right?
The always dapper Glenn Kirschner weighs in on this topic.

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:10 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:19 pm From the all publicity is good publicity department, we bring you this week's New Yorker cover.
I'm currently reading a book by Erik Larson called In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin. [He wrote Devil in the White City for which he's probably best known - a murder at the world's fair in Chicago] This book tell of events in Berlin (and Germany in general) during 1933 and a few years after, concentrating on the American ambassador to Germany, William Dodd. He was an academic with connections which is how he ended up as an ambassador from without the ranks of government or foreign service ranks (he'd lived in Germany and gone to school there. His debutante-ish daughter Martha is a feature in the book as well.

They were both writers, so there is a pretty good record of their experiences and thoughts from that time. So many parallels to today it's chilling - no one thinks Hitler is as crazy as he seems; President Hindenburg and the others will hold him in check, etc. In 1934, when Hitler sends his SS to kill/quash the SA (the much-hated and violent Brown Shirts), the populace is mostly placated and glad he did it. Even though Jews were terribly persecuted - they were being banned from jobs, etc at this time, only about 1/20th of them left the country.

Anyway, all that to say - that magazine cover called that book to my mind. All there in plain sight and it's so bizarre and yet gradual, it's impossible to believe. During the 2020 election when he said "we'll see" or something about not leaving office if he lost, I thought it was just his bloviating and big talk. Others said, no, he means it and I just couldn't wrap my mind around that, even though his disorders had been out there on display for all those years. And should have seen it since I had a parent much like him.

Highly recommend this book if you are interested in Germany prior to WW2 or even Germany's invasion of Sudentenland or Poland or how the administration viewed Hitler/Germany during this time period.

https://eriklarsonbooks.com/book/in-the ... of-beasts/
That's funny I'm also reading the same book right now. I also read one of his other books the devil in the white city
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Anyone wanna tell him it's not an actual dome?

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

He knows its not an actual dome. As POTUS or even POTUS-elect, they would have showed him early on how it works.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I believe he is stealing the relative success of Israels Iron Dome in the recent Hamas and Hizbollah attacks.

The Israeli system was only overwhelmed in the first day of attack when Hamas threw an unprecedented number of missiles accross the border of Gaza. He totally ingores the recent successes in Ukraine (he does not intend to support them, not?) where the now elderly Patriot systems have taken down many of the missiles launched against Kiev and other cities, even getting down the once feared hypersonic units. Patriot has also be claimed to be behind the loss of 3, and another two, advanced Russian bombers in the Kherson/Crimea region.

The former guy is truly losing it in this clip when he pretends "MIT students" were actually taking down incoming stuff. No country had in the past decades ever launched any missiles against the US. Ony his BFF Kim threatens to do this at the moment (and the former guy does not rebuke that rethoric). Apart that the "MIT students" were probably working in the military complex building the toys. It's airfore and army running the SAM systems.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Author of Trump’s FRAUDULENT Evidence Finally OUTED

MeidasTouch
9 Jan 2024

New reporting has “outed” Trump MAGA political consultant Liz Harrington as the likely author of Trump’s phony 32-page fabricated voter fraud report that his lawyers cited in their legal brief filed with the DC Court of Appeals in advance of this week’s oral argument on whether Trump is immune from prosecution. Michael Popok of Legal AF analyzes what preparing and submitting phony evidence to a federal appellate court means for Trump’s lawyers and Trump.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

This is what I thought about when he started talking about the dome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome_(novel)
Under the Dome is a 2009 science fiction novel by American author Stephen King. It is the 58th book published by King, and it is his 48th novel. The novel focuses on a small Maine town, and tells an intricate, multi-character, alternating perspective story of how the town's inhabitants contend with the calamity of being suddenly cut off from the outside world by an impassable, invisible glass dome-like barrier that seemingly falls out of the sky, transforming the community into a domed city.
As it's a Stephen King novel, you can guess it didn't go well.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:15 pm This is what I thought about when he started talking about the dome.
Under the Dome is a 2009 science fiction novel by American author Stephen King.
:think: Was that before or after Springfield got stuck under a dome in The Simpsons?
raison de arizona

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:23 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:15 pm This is what I thought about when he started talking about the dome.
Under the Dome is a 2009 science fiction novel by American author Stephen King.
:think: Was that before or after Springfield got stuck under a dome in The Simpsons?
For those unaware, in the 2007 The Simpsons Movie, Springfield is placed under a large dome by the EPA for violating pollution laws.

Stephen King himself claims that he had the idea well before that movie came out, and I’m also fairly positive that he was probably writing the book itself for years, it just happened to be published in 2009.

Another interesting possibility I read somewhere is the fact that SK plays (played?) music with Matt Groening, so it’s possible some concepts were discussed and both kinda went with the dome idea? The Simpsons Movie is much more about the Simpsons themselves being outside the dome, trying to save Springfield, whereas the book is mostly focused on the struggles inside the dome, so there’s really no plot overlaps or similarities other than the “dome placed over small town” concept.

Anyway, I watched The Simpsons Movie last night for the first time since it came out, and of course immediately thought of SK, because when I first saw that movie, the book didn’t exist yet.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”