The Stupid Thread

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

PM there are hundreds (my guess) of copies on Youtube replicateing this, and also show that it cannot work perpetually ...
AndyinPA
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:biggrin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: :doh: :doh:

So drunk a driver does not stop for police but recovers from multiple PIT maneuvres

FLORDA KEYS TROOPER PIT'S DRUNK UHAUL TRUCK DRIVER 14 TIMES DURING THIS #POLICECHASE IN TAVERNIER!!

Pursuit 101
7 Jan 2024

14 PIT maneuver attempts to get this drunk driver off the road! Watch all the #Action unfold in this wild #police #pursuit. #pursuit101
AndyinPA
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:

I hope he's going away for a long time.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

Pretty impressive driving with a flat tire. At about minute 3, the van right front tire lost all its air when its bead broke. He drove on it for the rest of the chase. He recovered from the pit moves perfectly almost every time. The officer had to time his moves with oncoming traffic to avoid an accident. Bravo to him for keeping his head. He did everything right.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

The Stupid Thread

Post by neonzx »

Very impressive driving by this drunk driver. I kept expecting the U-Haul to tip and fall over on its side. Glad no injuries to anyone in the chase.

Welcome to FloriDUH man.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

Will the driver demand his deposit back?
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

The Stupid Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

Saddest thing was the report said he's 40 and has been doing cocaine since age 16.
bbflatt

The Stupid Thread

Post by bbflatt »

He was going south on U.S. 1, effectively a dead end street (albeit a long one). I wonder where he thought he was going to go to get away. :confuzzled:
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

bbflatt wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:50 am He was going south on U.S. 1, effectively a dead end street (albeit a long one). I wonder where he thought he was going to go to get away. :confuzzled:
So, a pit move on one of the bridges might have been a disaster for him. The officer was definitely safety conscious.
northland10

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

bbflatt wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:50 am He was going south on U.S. 1, effectively a dead end street (albeit a long one). I wonder where he thought he was going to go to get away. :confuzzled:
I found the flaw in your statement.

One of our brilliant folks in the county where I used to live, within a year or so of departing his long-term stay with the Michigan Department of Corrections, ended up trying to run from the local sheriff. He decision making in attempting to flee was equally flawed. He tried to escape by driving up one of those plastic alpine slides at the local ski resort. That route was not a good choice (I cannot find a photo of it now but I remember seeing it earlier).

He is currently a guest of the MDOC, again. I also noticed his brother (of of two who I had in classes) is also a guest to which I am not surprised. The other brother I had appears to have kept himself at least a little cleaner which is good to see (though he had some issues about 10 years ago). The family has always been a bit of a mess though I'm told one or two have managed to do fine in school and after, which is good to hear.
https://www.northernexpress.com/news/fe ... -in-crash/

I suppose I could trot over to Westbound I-94 (the Tri-State Tollway, which happens to go north for some 60 miles) and put up a sign that says "road ends". It is not actually a dead end but it does end, in Montana (or around the Blue Water Tollbooth in Port Huron for the eastbound segment, which goes south here). On a self-reflection note, except for the eight or so years I lived in Northwest Lower Michigan where the closest Interstate was I-69, 2. hours away (the closet freeways were 90 minutes or so away), I have always lived within a 5-15 minute drive to I-94, whether in Michigan or in Illinois.
Rolodex

The Stupid Thread

Post by Rolodex »

Alabama is starting the year with a bang. Guess we're trying to get a leg up on Florida Man.

First up, we have Connor Padgett. He was at a party in Mountain Brook (white flight city in Birmingham) where he thought it would be a good idea (as are all New Years Eve party ideas) to insert himself into an urn. Guarantee he's a frat bro of some kind. MB is a snobby bougie place.

Then, we also have the guy who decided it would be a good idea to strip nekkid and jump into the fish display tank thing at the Bass Pro Shop near Birmingham (I've never been in a Bass Pro shop, so pls excuse my ignorance about their fish display thing).
Video taken by bystanders showed the man do a cannonball into the aquarium and later stand under the waterfall.

As two Leeds police officers began to walk up the stairs, the man exited the water, yelled something to the officers and then dove back into the water.
https://www.al.com/news/2024/01/man-str ... cious.html
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
northland10

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

It sounds like the naked aquarium swimmer was either on drugs, or may need to be taking prescription drugs.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The Stupid Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

He's back...
Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: The man who attacked the Las Vegas judge last week is back in court in front of the same judge, this time in shackles, mitts, and a muzzle.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sugar magnolia

The Stupid Thread

Post by sugar magnolia »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:43 pm It sounds like the naked aquarium swimmer was either on drugs, or may need to be taking prescription drugs.
Or did it for fun, or on a dare, or as a frat initiation. Anybody who lives near a Bass Pro Shop has multiple stories of people doing this exact same thing. There's one less than 10 miles from us.

The guy in the urn was pretty funny though.
Dave from down under

The Stupid Thread

Post by Dave from down under »

Aren’t they worried the bass might rise to the dangling lure? :whistle:
Estiveo
Verified:

The Stupid Thread

Post by Estiveo »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:03 pm Aren’t they worried the bass might rise to the dangling lure? :whistle:
I've seen the photo of him being walked off after; there was no dangling involved. 🍄

Found it, NSFW;
► Show Spoiler
Image Image Image Image
Dave from down under

The Stupid Thread

Post by Dave from down under »

Mosquito rather than fly fishing tackle ;)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

The Stupid Thread

Post by Frater I*I »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:46 pm Mosquito rather than fly fishing tackle ;)
It's just representive of how cold that water was.... :whistle:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
MN-Skeptic

The Stupid Thread

Post by MN-Skeptic »

A person I follow on Twitter posted that picture, then deleted it, saying he had seen some reports that there could have been mental health issues. He wasn't sure, but he figured he'd delete the photo just in case those reports were true.
northland10

The Stupid Thread

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:38 pm
northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:43 pm It sounds like the naked aquarium swimmer was either on drugs, or may need to be taking prescription drugs.
Or did it for fun, or on a dare, or as a frat initiation. Anybody who lives near a Bass Pro Shop has multiple stories of people doing this exact same thing. There's one less than 10 miles from us.

The guy in the urn was pretty funny though.
I would have thought that, except apparently, he had already run his vehicle into a pole in the parking before stripping and going in for a dip.
RTH10260

The Stupid Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Man dies after crawling into plane engine at Salt Lake City Airport, officials say

By Aliza Chasan
Updated on: January 2, 2024 / 6:33 PM EST / CBS News

A 30-year-old man died after he climbed into a plane engine at Salt Lake City International Airport on Monday night, police and airport officials said.

Kyler Efinger, a resident of Park City, Utah, breached an emergency exit, ran to the south end of the airport's west runway where deicing operations were underway and "crawled into an aircraft engine," an airport official said. Police later said that the aircraft's engines were rotating and "the specific stage of engine operation remains under investigation."

It wasn't immediately clear why Efinger, who police said was a ticketed passenger with a boarding pass to Denver, climbed into the plane engine.

The plane, a Delta Air Lines flight from Salt Lake City to San Francisco, returned to the gate, according to the airline. The flight was canceled and the 95 passengers were rebooked on other flights. The plane was an Airbus A220-100, crewed by two pilots and three flight attendants.

"As nothing is more important than the safety and security of our customers and people, Delta is fully cooperating with all aviation authority and law enforcement investigations," a Delta spokesperson said.

Police did not release the man's cause of death.

The police investigation started around 9:50 p.m. local time after a store manager in the airport reported a disturbance involving a passenger on the secured side of the terminal, authorities said. Airport authorities told police the man had passed through an emergency exit.

Officers and Airport Operations found personal items, including clothing and shoes, on one of the airport runways at 10:06 p.m. as they looked for Efinger. Just minutes later, dispatchers told police the man was at one of the airport's deicing pads. They said he was underneath a plane and had accessed the engine. Officers asked air traffic controllers to notify the pilot to shut down the aircraft's engines.

Around 10:10 p.m., the man was found unconscious, part of the way inside the wing-mounted engine of a plane, police said. Officers and airport employees worked to get the man out, and first responders attempted emergency life-saving measures, including CPR and the administration of naloxone, a medication for individual suffering from opioid overdoses, but the man died on the scene.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-dies-c ... air-lines/
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

The Stupid Thread

Post by Foggy »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:38 pm Alabama is starting the year with a bang. Guess we're trying to get a leg up on Florida Man.

First up, we have Connor Padgett. He was at a party in Mountain Brook (white flight city in Birmingham) where he thought it would be a good idea (as are all New Years Eve party ideas) to insert himself into an urn. Guarantee he's a frat bro of some kind. MB is a snobby bougie place.
Dish soap. Ever had to get a ring off of your finger? He could have been extracted quite simply without damaging the urn. Wipe himself down with soap, slide off the pants (ladies, don't look :cantlook:), and out he comes.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

Talking about "urning" your keep!

Karnac says Bamaman is destined for a Darwin award.
bill_g

The Stupid Thread

Post by bill_g »

If anyone is interested in Conner Padgett aka Urn Boy, he's okay and he says "You're Welcome".

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”